Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mister Thrice

Magdy Zidan chiller hookahs...

Question

Been contemplating experimenting with chiller hookahs, but I would prefer not to spend more than $100 on it...  It's not that I'm cheap, it's that I'm not sold on them yet... Never tried one, never had one, known anyone with one, etc...

So I see a good deal on some 'Magdy Zidan' hookahs...  Chillers, of course...

Anyone got one, got feedback on 'em know how they compare to my preferred KM's so on and so forth?

Thanks homies

5 answers to this question

Well MZ are copies of km for the most part. They do have original designs and the quality is certainly there.

As for chillers to me it's not worth the money. They rust out in some cases and ice as a whole dulls the flavor.

I'd get some sweet accessories and tobacco if it were me but it's not my money!

Been contemplating experimenting with chiller hookahs, but I would prefer not to spend more than $100 on it...  It's not that I'm cheap, it's that I'm not sold on them yet... Never tried one, never had one, known anyone with one, etc...

So I see a good deal on some 'Magdy Zidan' hookahs...  Chillers, of course...

Anyone got one, got feedback on 'em know how they compare to my preferred KM's so on and so forth?

Thanks homies

I'll have to agree with dude here. I believe it was@chernobyl that had some rusting and leakage with his chiller and he ended up gluing or soldering the leak. I don't have a chiller but people that have them said they just like the looks. I personally use the mystique ice hose when I want a cold smoke because it works great so I don't even put ice in the base anymore. Maybe Chernobyl can jump in here.

They always seem to leak a bit. Put the ice in a plastic bad, that helped when I use to use them. I like the look of them.

Yeah they are definitely beautiful to look at.

Well, I am a crafty sumbitch, so leaking s not a problem for me...  When I got my first hookah it was a sahara smoke hookah, and those things have open hearts and modern hand blown glass bases and when those two things come together you get a hookah that doesn't purge...

So I bought some copper tubing, heated it up, flattened it, shaped it, installed it into the heart purge port so the copper tube goes into the base about a half inch now and it purges like a KM now, as it should've in the beginning...

So I will fix any leaks, no worries there... I will solder it or quikrete that sheisse...

Lets talk about the muted flavor mentionings...  Lets say that doesn't turn me off either?  Since a lot of the smokes I set up are very, very flavorful, I don't mind them losing a point or two there...  I also typically add ice and flavor to the base just because I get some weird joy serving people a small drink out of my hookah base before I put it together and we smoke out of it...  Functional art is just too fun to play with...

So far, I've not been discouraged enough to not get this $70 magdy zidan hookah...  I hear what you sayin' about the mystique hose too DD, I do, but, that thing is a cheap upgrade and I can get that whenever... I only get a new hookah like once, maybe twice a year and those are on days I get an extra pay period on my check or a tax return, so it's on!!!  Plus, the only other hookah I'm looking at right now is that Spyro Gravity... I love how it looks and how small it is... I can build it a wooden hookah home and keep it safe from my bull in a china shop approach to life and then I can almost see myself having a glass hookah... But... $165 for that or $70 for cool chiller hookah and money left over for new shishas.... hmmm.... lolz

thanks everyone for chiming in...  Where's that damned kid @Chernobyl when ya need him??  (just messin' w/ya man I love you guys!!)