Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hookahmatt

Favorite bowls

Question

What are the bowls you like the most I use different bowls almost for all my tobacco, 1458344507212.thumb.jpg.2c74b05a7268412c1458344519600.thumb.jpg.5110179d68c13a33

I love these bowls, use them for Tangiers, af, nakhla, social smoke and hookafina. It's nice to have options. And I would highly suggest getting a small Egyptian bowl. They can be used for anything, even Tangiers!

My harmony bowl is hands down my favorite bowl in my collection and my collection is quite massive (as I've stated before I have a bowl collecting addiction)

My harmony bowl is hands down my favorite bowl in my collection and my collection is quite massive (as I've stated before I have a bowl collecting addiction)

Pictures or it didn't happen. Lol just kidding. Thinking about it I guess my obsession is coals. So many different brands I've tried and even though I come across great ones, I still go buy different kinds. Oh and hoses. I have a very large amount of hoses.

What are the bowls you like the most I use different bowls almost for all my tobacco, 1458344507212.thumb.jpg.2c74b05a7268412ce96eb7a9dc2f71b4.jpg1458344519600.thumb.jpg.5110179d68c13a33c56287631bfaf4a2.jpg

I love these bowls, use them for Tangiers, af, nakhla, social smoke and hookafina. It's nice to have options. And I would highly suggest getting a small Egyptian bowl. They can be used for anything, even Tangiers!

I'm surprised there's not a vortex in that collection Matt.

ImageUploadedByHookah.org1458370693.170322.thumb.jpg.cc5f3728bdd770c31a14cda0cd18cabf.jpg

Here is most of my collection. Have 4 missing. My favorite being the goodfella, second is the alien and 3rd is the 80ft for a foil bowlImageUploadedByHookah.org1458370784.736485.thumb.jpg.c03d7224fc8b9a124019edce6b427eb7.jpgImageUploadedByHookah.org1458370816.084330.thumb.jpg.a20838b967b66f0b005f83b31972f630.jpgImageUploadedByHookah.org1458370845.230707.thumb.jpg.d1229a16d9641adb9fc930aaf611ac06.jpg

Damn nice collection dude! I think I'm going to gather mine and take a picture as well lol

Damn nice collection dude! I think I'm going to gather mine and take a picture as well lol

Every time I try to upload a picture my tapa talk crashes. Idk why.

I do have a vortex, this is not my collection, just the bowls that I use most often. I have not used a vortex in years.

Hey matt I tried the aot tray as a flavor saver yesterday and it didn't work out. How do you poke the holes? I used my poker and the tray holes on it as an outline but I hardly had any smoke.

Hey matt I tried the aot tray as a flavor saver yesterday and it didn't work out. How do you poke the holes? I used my poker and the tray holes on it as an outline but I hardly had any smoke.

I do It the same. I have not really messed to much, how many coals did you use and what bowl I like the 80feet and three coals.

Sorry I ment I don't use the tray as a pattern, I just poke holes and put it on top.

I do It the same. I have not really messed to much, how many coals did you use and what bowl I like the 80feet and three coals.

Sorry I ment I don't use the tray as a pattern, I just poke holes and put it on top.

Okay I'll try that next bowl. I was using the 80ft with 4 Leonara coals which is typically what I do when I use a foil barrier.

On 3/19/2016 at 3:19 PM, hookahmatt said:

I do have a vortex, this is not my collection, just the bowls that I use most often. I have not used a vortex in years.

ahhh that makes sense

On 3/19/2016 at 7:56 PM, andchit said:

Every time I try to upload a picture my tapa talk crashes. Idk why.

Very interesting. I'll bring it up to @Nima so he can submit a trouble ticket....

Wait, are you using the hookah.org branded taptalk app or the regular taptalk app with the orange look?

I really like my new 80 Feet Bowl, but it's a tie for favorite between that and my cobra flip bowl.  It has served me well in the last couple years (even if it does feel a little unstable on my tiny hookah).  Plus, it looks nifty and it's easy to clean.  :)

e72be98d-327f-4707-916e-54071b786aa7.jpg

I really like my new 80 Feet Bowl, but it's a tie for favorite between that and my cobra flip bowl.  It has served me well in the last couple years (even if it does feel a little unstable on my tiny hookah).  Plus, it looks nifty and it's easy to clean.  

e72be98d-327f-4707-916e-54071b786aa7.thumb.jpg.92f02d0d10612b7bcb1bffbcdb2c1a0e.jpg

Oh the bowl gives me the biggest headache. Pharaohs has a lot of good products but they dropped the ball on that one. It's your bowl though don't let me rain on your parade lol

I really like my new 80 Feet Bowl, but it's a tie for favorite between that and my cobra flip bowl.  It has served me well in the last couple years (even if it does feel a little unstable on my tiny hookah).  Plus, it looks nifty and it's easy to clean.  

e72be98d-327f-4707-916e-54071b786aa7.thumb.jpg.92f02d0d10612b7bcb1bffbcdb2c1a0e.jpg

I have always wanted to try this bowl, the price is just to high for me. Its so cool looking.

I have always wanted to try this bowl, the price is just to high for me. Its so cool looking.

Honestly I can't really live without having a standard Egyptian clay bowl around, I really like all the bowls I have but honestly I have to give it up for the Egyptian clay and Tangier's small, they'd be the ones I'd want if I could only have two bowls

Honestly I can't really live without having a standard Egyptian clay bowl around, I really like all the bowls I have but honestly I have to give it up for the Egyptian clay and Tangier's small, they'd be the ones I'd want if I could only have two bowls

I love my standard Egyptian and a small Egyptian bowl are amazing!

I love my standard Egyptian and a small Egyptian bowl are amazing!

I had a small Egyptian like the one in your videos but honestly I didn't like it too much, idk why, maybe I just used too much tobacco or something but I gave it to a friend who was smoking out of a cracked Egyptian with duct tape and I thought it was really unsafe

On a side note, besides wanting to get a Tangier's small the mazaj bowl seems really good, kinda wanna try it, I'm not a huge fan of the designs crown has tbh, I probably won't get a mazaj bowl either but meh lol

I had a small Egyptian like the one in your videos but honestly I didn't like it too much, idk why, maybe I just used too much tobacco or something but I gave it to a friend who was smoking out of a cracked Egyptian with duct tape and I thought it was really unsafe

On a side note, besides wanting to get a Tangier's small the mazaj bowl seems really good, kinda wanna try it, I'm not a huge fan of the designs crown has tbh, I probably won't get a mazaj bowl either but meh lol

I'm on the opposite page lol. I love the crown designs and how long he has been innovating glass is noteworthy, the masaj looks unfinished to me and really odd not to mention too deep

That mazaj bowl definitely looks interesting. My issue with it is because the depth I would be afraid not all the tobacco would get cooked. Very interesting though.

I just bought 2 new bowls this week. An Odin phone, bowl which is huge. And a clay Egyptian bowl. Both sourced from Egypt according to the supplier

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

Bought a Vortex bowl and feels like it's just not tight enough with the grommet that came with my hookah, any way of adding something to the grommet that to make a tighter seal? Wet paper towel...?

Bought a Vortex bowl and feels like it's just not tight enough with the grommet that came with my hookah, any way of adding something to the grommet that to make a tighter seal? Wet paper towel...?

You could do that. Or look at getting a bigger one. My ultimate advice is to get a new bowl, the vortex is really outdated and made of ceramic which seems to retain more carbon deposits as well as not conduct heat nearly as good as true phunnels or Egyptian clay bowls.

26 minutes ago, Kloud Nein said:

I have a bowl like that... I use part of a Kleenex wrapped around to make it tighter, haha.  I should probably just invest in a new bowl though!

I have a bowl like that... I use part of a Kleenex wrapped around to make it tighter, haha.  I should probably just invest in a new bowl though!

Thanks haha glad I'm not that only one with issues, just wanna blow clouds!

Thanks haha glad I'm not that only one with issues, just wanna blow clouds!

New bowl or larger groument. I don't mind that bowl I have one. But have not used it in years. Might need to try it for old times sake.