Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ITguy85

Make video on thoughts of new FDA regulations

Question

Hey guys,

I don't know if this is on anyone else's mind but I would really like to see a video on the impending FDA regulations coming down the pipe.

I'm interested in your thoughts on some things you think we can expect to change in the hookah industry.

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

Hey guys,

I don't know if this is on anyone else's mind but I would really like to see a video on the impending FDA regulations coming down the pipe.

I'm interested in your thoughts on some things you think we can expect to change in the hookah industry.

Thanks!

I was thinking of doing my first vlog type of video and addressing this im finally getting a higher subscriber base so it could finally reach people.

I think it's bullshit honestly. Small companies and lounges are going to get slammed and the whole exception of military personnel being the only ones to be able to legally smoke at 18 is beyond bias. Hookah has always been that transition between ages 18 and 21 here in the states. I started at 15 but didn't get into it until I could go to lounges. It just doesn't feel right. I'm 23 now so this doesn't affect me but damn it if I don't feel their pain.

There is a lot that will be sacrificed due to these. I can no longer get products to review and will need to buy everything in interested in whereas before I could work with companies directly and improve soon to be released flavors. I'll miss that. Not that I'm cheap but having that connection was really nice.

I was thinking of doing my first vlog type of video and addressing this im finally getting a higher subscriber base so it could finally reach people.

I think it's bullshit honestly. Small companies and lounges are going to get slammed and the whole exception of military personnel being the only ones to be able to legally smoke at 18 is beyond bias. Hookah has always been that transition between ages 18 and 21 here in the states. I started at 15 but didn't get into it until I could go to lounges. It just doesn't feel right. I'm 23 now so this doesn't affect me but damn it if I don't feel their pain.

There is a lot that will be sacrificed due to these. I can no longer get products to review and will need to buy everything in interested in whereas before I could work with companies directly and improve soon to be released flavors. I'll miss that. Not that I'm cheap but having that connection was really nice.

I might not be up to date on this because no matter what it doesn't affect me, but how would it affect your relationship with your sponsors? You are of legal age so there shouldn't be a problem.

As for lounges getting slammed, well, I feel that no kid should be smoking or vaping. There are better things a teenager can be doing than smoking. If the lounges or tobacco shops depend on that money to survive then they need to change their sales strategy. But I'm not a lounge owner so what do I know?

I might not be up to date on this because no matter what it doesn't affect me, but how would it affect your relationship with your sponsors? You are of legal age so there shouldn't be a problem.

As for lounges getting slammed, well, I feel that no kid should be smoking or vaping. There are better things a teenager can be doing than smoking. If the lounges or tobacco shops depend on that money to survive then they need to change their sales strategy. But I'm not a lounge owner so what do I know?

Supposedly no samples can be sent as of December at the latest. Each flavor by a company will need to be tested by the fda which the companies have to pay for at a hefty fee. All hookah products with the exception of tongs and burners will be regulated now. It's going to be a huge hassle that'll effect you in one way or another. Vape is getting hit really hard (not that I care) too.

Do you guys have a link on this?

Can't you get paid to make videos and place the orders yourself?

Man if it wasn't hard enough to get shisha in WA already... The FDA seems to ruin all that it touches...  They are just pissed that people are finding a healthier alternative to Camel and Marlboro.  Never cared much for choke sticks...  Nothing appealing about them to me, at all... Not to mention the handful of people I know who have cancer/died from cancer because of them.  Sigh.  Guess I gotta step up my shisha making game, and make a batch SUCCESSFULLY.