Sign in to follow this  
Kloud Nein

Al Fakher heat management

Question

How many Coconara coals does it take to get decent clouds out of Al Fakher (grape mint)?.

I had two on with a windercover but wasn't getting a ton, tho it was pretty windy outside as well.

I'd certainly experiment but Shiesha in general here in Canada is really expensive so I figure I'll research first lol.

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

In my experience al fakher is usually really heat resilient and coconara coals don't put out any heat so three will be fine. Pack it a little more dense too. I get thunderous clouds and 2 hours that way

• Like 5

Sorry for the late input, I always forget to check the new posts. But hopefully this helps, now I don't know what kind of set up you're rolling with but you can never go wrong with AF in an Egyptian clay bowl, I still get some of my best results to this day with it and I've been smoking it for about two and a half years now. If you want to keep it simple, you can never go wrong with a sprinkle over pack, not too heavy but just a little bit extra above the rim while putting it in there nice and fluffy will do the trick, if you're a foil user and want to use coconaras then in my opinion, don't go crazy with holes, coconaras tend to be a little bit too heavy on the heat for my liking but a great way to keep heat at a lower level if you want to use 3 coals is to go just a bit lighter when it comes to poking holes, but a great way to consistently get good results with the Egyptian bowl, for any tobacco for that matter, is when you put all your tobacco in, take your hole poker and move the tobacco away from the center hole and get it completely cleared up, essentially it will look like you made your own phunnel bowl, its a great method and I like it just s little bit more than using a real phunnel bowl, I find it allows the heat to get around a bit more freely, as dude mentioned a semi dense pack is great as well, my advice on that is to sprinkle over pack, then just gently ease the tobacco in just right below to the rim, don't try to mash it, just guide it down gently, and again clear that center hole. You should be left with a great session. Grape with mint in my experience takes heat pretty decently, but it is a bit more sensitive then let's say, straight mint or orange with mint for example, so either try using just a tad bit less holes, or poke holes like you normally do, get 3 coals ready and try it with two, if its not producing enough heat then just throw the third on. Sorry for the long winded reply but I hope it helps and wasn't too late

• Like 1