Sign in to follow this  
MyHookahAddiction

Vapor torpedo glass hookah

I am about to get my first glass hookah and a shop sells the vapor torpedo less than a mile from my house. If anyone has it or has smoked out of it can you give me an opinion if it's a good hookah for under 200, I really want to get one from a shop and not off line so I can smoke the day I get payed. Thanks for your input if anyone gets to me

• Like 1

I am about to get my first glass hookah and a shop sells the vapor torpedo less than a mile from my house. If anyone has it or has smoked out of it can you give me an opinion if it's a good hookah for under 200, I really want to get one from a shop and not off line so I can smoke the day I get payed. Thanks for your input if anyone gets to me

There are many, many variations of this hookah. It's called a tank in dealing with most brands. Given there are so many it's hard to trust anything but the original after all they are coping the tank and making it with cheaper materials/craftsmanship.

In my overall experience with glass hookahs that traverse quite a few brands now, in my honest opinion, it doesn't look like anything worth the money. Vapor and netuno both copy everyone and give no asset to the community other than drive business away from their "inspirations."

That being said I'm sure it'll smoke decently. The only thing I would worry extensively about is the glass quality being too thin. It is a cheap knockoff so corners were most likely cut there.

If you are dead set on getting it (which I can vouch for another company at the same price being better in every way) here are some glass tips.

1.) avoid rapid temperature drops. If you have cold water inside and begin cleaning start with cold and gradually increase the temperature if desired.

2.) invest in oxiclean. This will remove all stains from the unit, purge, bowl, etc. after you let it sit for about an hour. Of course wash thoroughly after using tip 1

3.) figure out the water level. This is the single most important part of owning a glass piece. You can pack a bowl like a god but not enough water and you'll have an airy less flavored puff along with hot smoke that hasn't been cooled. Too much and you run the risk of sucking water into the hose. There is a very fine line to get to that happy medium.

4.) check your purge. They have a tendency to freeze and if you purge hard (light purges are best with glass) and it is frozen, water will shoot up into your bowl. Session over.

There are more tips I could give but rather than write a book here I'll leave it at that.

Last statement I have is to drop the notion of buying something that could prove quite faulty just because it's there. The dschinni brilliant mini is by far the best glass hookah I have ever used bar none. What's waiting a few days when this purchase could bite you in the ass? Once again If you're dead set on owning it don't let me discourage you but it won't be the best bang for your buck out there especially in regards to quality.

• Like 1

I'm with dude with all the points he mentioned. Spending a few bucks extra for quality class hookah is a better investment.

I can not say much because the only glass hookah I own is the Fumo jar, and it's a wonderful hookah; however if glass quality is any indication the heavy belittled bowl I own is shit and the Pyrex is not much better.

Because of the quality of the glass bowl, I would never own a heavy hitter hookah, but that's just me.

Spending that much money on a glass hookah is a huge investment, so o would make sure it's a great quality hookah.

• Like 1