Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest GreenTeaPirate

Hookah Bar

Question

Guest GreenTeaPirate

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how to go about opening up a hookah bar? I'm pretty sure my city wouldn't allow it (I'm surprised we even have a head shop) but perhaps the neighboring city where I go to school would. It's more of a fantasy than anything else.

7 answers to this question

Guest Discordian

wait for layla to see this thread, she has worked at a hookah bars and wants to start her own : P

Guest GreenTeaPirate

I live in Davis, CA. It's near Sacramento. Maybe you have heard of UCDavis? It's kind of liberal and conservative here at the same time. A lot of hippies and a lot of yuppies.

any laws banning smoking inside bars/cafes?

We have a law here in Lafayette, IN that bans smoking in bars but still allows hookah bars to have hookahs...

In Chicago there is a law that bans smoking all together, hookah bars can still serve hookahs, but not alcohol or food

Guest GreenTeaPirate

Well, there is no smoking allowed in any bars or restaurants in California but we do have hookah bars. I'm just not sure about the city I live in, I'll have to look into it.

let us know what the local bars too...

So can people smoke in hookah bars (cigarettes, etc)

Guest Blu_Fox

I live in NorCal. There are hookah bars here. I am confused to why they are able to run because of the strict laws in California.

Smoke shops, with a tobacco licence, are allowed to let people smoke in them as long as more then 60% of their business is from tobacco sales and they can't sell any food or drink!

Hookah Lounges/Bars are not allowed to have any employees, due to a labor law against endangering employees, not even family or volunteers that work for tips. You are not supposed to sell food of any kind(including drinks). Snacks are not allowed either.

If you check out the" BREATH" Law you will see alot of your answers.

I am not sure if these hookah lounges that are operating got some sort of exemption or what because I really want to open a Hookah Lounge near me too.

I have been looking, but some areas like Dublin, Ca. set new laws that ban any smoking inside any establishment. Hence no Hookah lounges or smoke shops.

Reno, Nv. is looking really good right now.

I am still researching this and I will report if I get any new information.