iotterbeinbed

Current favorites?

Question

I know most of us constantly find new flavors we dig... so what are your absolute favorites RIGHT now?

Mine is Haze Cucumberita (mixed with mint) and Nakhla Double Apple (yeah, I know, I'm late to the double apple scene).

• Like 2

6 answers to this question

That's a great question. I'm still trying out new flavors all the time so "right now" i really don't have a favorite. Nothing that makes me want to say: "oh I have to get some more of that".

Sent from my iPhone using Hookah.org mobile app

• Like 1

tastes change... all the time...

RIght now, I'm also into double apple (nakhla and fumari have decent double apples), still on my al waha baraini nights kick (so, so good!!) also al waha 'memories' is good, and provocative...

Buuuut, as we all probably are getting tired of hearing, I'm having a hard time finding shisha that isn't fumari or fantasia up here in the weird washington...  Going to be calling a bunch of tobacco shops, and any arabic-esque shops and the like (thanks Chernobyl) to find Tangiers, Nakhla, and Al Fakher cuz I miss them the most, though, I also want to try UGLY and Alchemist, and a few other I keep seeing delicious reviews for...

Ordered up some "Organic Virginia Flue Cured" tobacco leaf for my next rounds of DIY shisha, I'm getting close to figuring the flavors out, and am thinking I'm more of a molasses kinda guy, and honey just isn't the thing for me (my first several batches were honey, several kinds of honeys, and... well, 'meh.')  I mixed a few flavors that I'm dying to test out via hookah:  Cantaloupe Boysenberry and Vanilla Bean Ice cream is one of my best so far, though I really nailed sugar cookies (sweet sugar cookies) recently, and also dig this Blood Orange Creamsicle I've been making...  So wish me luck there!!

• Like 4

tastes change... all the time...
RIght now, I'm also into double apple (nakhla and fumari have decent double apples), still on my al waha baraini nights kick (so, so good!!) also al waha 'memories' is good, and provocative...
Buuuut, as we all probably are getting tired of hearing, I'm having a hard time finding shisha that isn't fumari or fantasia up here in the weird washington...  Going to be calling a bunch of tobacco shops, and any arabic-esque shops and the like (thanks Chernobyl) to find Tangiers, Nakhla, and Al Fakher cuz I miss them the most, though, I also want to try UGLY and Alchemist, and a few other I keep seeing delicious reviews for...
Ordered up some "Organic Virginia Flue Cured" tobacco leaf for my next rounds of DIY shisha, I'm getting close to figuring the flavors out, and am thinking I'm more of a molasses kinda guy, and honey just isn't the thing for me (my first several batches were honey, several kinds of honeys, and... well, 'meh.')  I mixed a few flavors that I'm dying to test out via hookah:  Cantaloupe Boysenberry and Vanilla Bean Ice cream is one of my best so far, though I really nailed sugar cookies (sweet sugar cookies) recently, and also dig this Blood Orange Creamsicle I've been making...  So wish me luck there!!

That sounds like a great new venture with the fire cured. Generally with tobacco leaves of that caliber you want molasses anyway like tangiers, Trifecta, etc. I too love molasses based shishas more so than honey (though I do enjoy the hell out of ugly and pure)

I hope you finally find a good supplier of shisha for you man I'll say that if you find alchemist stay the hell away. The consistency, people behind the brand, and quality control is utter shit these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Hookah.org mobile app
  • Like 2

On 2/8/2017 at 10:37 PM, DudeWhere'sMyHookah said:

That sounds like a great new venture with the fire cured. Generally with tobacco leaves of that caliber you want molasses anyway like tangiers, Trifecta, etc. I too love molasses based shishas more so than honey (though I do enjoy the hell out of ugly and pure)

I hope you finally find a good supplier of shisha for you man I'll say that if you find alchemist stay the hell away. The consistency, people behind the brand, and quality control is utter shit these days.

Thanks for the advice man, I will try these other brands first... 

I'm making my old head shop order me in kilos of Al Fakher, because I do prefer it to Fumari (after being on a nothing but Fumari bender for months now, as that's all I can find...) and the price is much better, so I'm hoping they pull through for me... I hear it's an additional 75% tax for them to order out of state, which is just BS and absolutely absurd... I just dont understand this state, doubt I ever will...

But if I can DIY some decent flavors, maybe I wont have to play this annoying game anymore... It'd be really nice to be able to provide it for myself, as I do ultimately want to make my own hookahs as well... It doesn't seem hard, and I've got years of exotic woodworking on my side... So I can see some sexy pipes in my head, and they will become a reality when I can actually get a shop together!!!

See ya round ya'll!!

• Like 4