harout

Strengthening the flavour

Question

So i have been tryin to make some home made shisha . I started by boiling glycerin and fine sugar to make molasses then i added non-flavoured chopped tobacco,[ which i boiled and dried earlier], and cooked them all together for like three minutes. Then, after the mixture was cooled down i added the flavourings.

As a result, the texture of the final product was great, it was sticky and not loose, just like al fakher. It also smokes perfectly but the problem is that the flavour is weak and doesn't last long.

So, what can i do? Is yhere some kind of flavour strengthener to be added?

PS: i tried to flavour the tobacco first and let it sit for a day before cooking it with the molasses, which completely killed the flavour.

Sent from my GT-S7262 using Hookah.org mobile app

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

So i have been tryin to make some home made shisha . I started by boiling glycerin and fine sugar to make molasses then i added non-flavoured chopped tobacco,[ which i boiled and dried earlier], and cooked them all together for like three minutes. Then, after the mixture was cooled down i added the flavourings.
As a result, the texture of the final product was great, it was sticky and not loose, just like al fakher. It also smokes perfectly but the problem is that the flavour is weak and doesn't last long.
So, what can i do? Is yhere some kind of flavour strengthener to be added?
PS: i tried to flavour the tobacco first and let it sit for a day before cooking it with the molasses, which completely killed the flavour.

What ratio of flavor to tobacco did you use? My rule of thumb is a teaspoon of flavor per ounce of tobacco. If it gets too wet I let it sit for a few days uncovered and that works fine for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Hookah.org mobile app

Im using 6 ml of flavour for every 12 grams of dried tobacco

Yeah definitely double the flavor and add 3 teaspoons of water to the mix. Try that and let me know hot it worked out for you.

Sent from my iPad using Hookah.org mobile app