Mister Thrice

High and dry in WA...

Hello again mein hookah homeys!!!

As you may or may not know, WA passed a law in like 2009 which banned tobacco orders online from being shipped to WA without some tobacco license for businesses or somesuch.  The problem was kids getting tobacco online.  They didn't even enforce it until like 2014/2015 and I've been high and dry on good shisha since then.

So I'm reaching out to anybody in Portland, OR for some help.  Do you know of a shop or hookah bar that sells delicious, fresh Tangiers?  What about Nakhla?  Because I'm getting serious about spending a large portion of tax returns on a years supply of the good stuff for myself...

I have considered going to Seattle, which, I'm told there are a few shops and bars up there that sell it, however, just because I live in WA does NOT mean I like Seattle... At all...  Portland is more my speed, and frankly, with traffic and all, it takes about the same time for me to get from where I am to either Portland or Seattle, so I vote Portland!!

In Olympia/Lacey, where I'm at, you get two choices for shisha:  Fumari, or Fantasia.  Now, I've got nothing ultimately negative to say about Fumari.  Frankly, I like several of their very saturated shishas.  But dont get me started on Fantasia... What, like 100 flavors, and I like maybe 2?  Not to mention they lose that flavor fairly quickly... 

I want Tangiers back.  I want to try UGLY.  I want Nakhla, Al Fakher, and I'm willing to give Trifecta a shot too, but not sure if they have a store location over there in Spokane or not, and they aren't replying to my emails...  I read somewhere that they stopped shipping shisha from WA to WA a bit ago as well, so that's a total bummer...

Anyways, just losing my mind up here.  Between stupid laws from near a decade old to the flaming arrogance of the FDA, WA is seriously trying to kill tobacco, like, anything to do with it, unless it's Camel or Marlboro, or American Spirits, or Newports, or Grizzly, or all that crap I care nothing for.  I want my shisha back!!

Any tips or suggestions or recommendations to fabulous locations would be truly, and massively appreciated!!  I just ordered a nice wind cover, and jumbo base for my Platy'manja, and am considering giving that stainless steel Scorpion Hose a shot, since the black and silver would look really nice on my setup.  Also ordered the A.O.T. provost to complete my A.O.T. I won on this forum (THANKS AGAIN SO MUCH NIMA!!), and some of my favorite charcoals... Sooo the last of my shisha stash will be going up in smoke soon, and I gotta figure out where I'm getting my next supply!!!  :3

you...  you play dirty, sir...  lolz

I found out today that Trifecta has a retail shop in Spokane that sells shisha there, but no Tangiers.  WTF.  I am literally 2 states north, what, do I gotta road trip to Cali just to get my Tangiers on!?!  You'd best believe I'm buyin like $500 in shisha to last me a while, because this is gettin' nuts!!

• Like 1

I've found the most reliable shops to purchase shisha are Arabic import stores (common in my area) and head shops. You could always get a P.O. box just outside state lines and drive to pick it up. But that may be too much hassle

Sent from my Pixel using Hookah.org mobile app

• Like 1

Lolz I was seriously considering a P.O. Box in Portland, and then just picking up once a month... I've had two jobs now for about 10 months, but just (finally) got accepted into the Carpenters Union up here, so I get to ditch my two crap jobs, and this one job will pay more than both put together, plus all the benefits I've not had in a hot minute, and most importantly, I GET MY EFFIN FREE TIME BACK!!!!

So yeah, P.O. Box is probably going to happen!!!

Havent looked into Arabic import stores... That just sounds promising!!!  I will look into that, as it's a new idea for me, thanks for that!!

• Like 2

Lolz I was seriously considering a P.O. Box in Portland, and then just picking up once a month... I've had two jobs now for about 10 months, but just (finally) got accepted into the Carpenters Union up here, so I get to ditch my two crap jobs, and this one job will pay more than both put together, plus all the benefits I've not had in a hot minute, and most importantly, I GET MY EFFIN FREE TIME BACK!!!!
So yeah, P.O. Box is probably going to happen!!!
Havent looked into Arabic import stores... That just sounds promising!!!  I will look into that, as it's a new idea for me, thanks for that!!

That's great news Mister Trice. Glad to read that you finally got in after all that crazy time working two jobs. Well deserved.

Sent from my iPhone using Hookah.org mobile app
  • Like 1