harout

Tobacco becoming liquidy after adding glycerin

Question

Hey guys. I wanna know why is my tobacco becoming liquidy after i add glycerin to it, considering that im not adding too much and my tobacco doesn't contain water.

Here is how im making my tobacco:

I add molasses to chopped and dried tobacco and cook it for a few minutes in the pan, after it cools down i add the flavouring and let it sit for a day. After that, i add the glycerin and when i check it the next day, it is liquidy rayher than sticky.

Sent from my GT-S7262 using Hookah.org mobile app

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Well, glycerine IS a liquid....

Sent from my iPhone using Hookah.org mobile app

I lol'd

You're adding liquid to it so yes it should look watery.

You can lessen the amount but glycerin is what gives you heat resiliency and clouds. Even nakhla being a drier tobacco has glycerin in it.

• Like 2

Hey guys. I wanna know why is my tobacco becoming liquidy after i add glycerin to it, considering that im not adding too much and my tobacco doesn't contain water.
Here is how im making my tobacco:
I add molasses to chopped and dried tobacco and cook it for a few minutes in the pan, after it cools down i add the flavouring and let it sit for a day. After that, i add the glycerin and when i check it the next day, it is liquidy rayher than sticky.
Sent from my GT-S7262 using Hookah.org mobile app

That's a different method than what I do. I don't cook it in a pan but I bake it in the oven wrapped in foil. Yes it will get liquidy for a time. What I do is I leave it in an open container for a couple of days making sure I mix it every so often to ensure the tobacco absorbs as much of the liquid as possible. If after a couple of days still liquidy, then I just drain it and leave it alone for a few more days.