Jump to content
  • 0
DrSatwinder™

Hookah Coals & Heat Management

Question

13 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

We shouldn't even discuss quicklights lol. They're bad period. As far as natural coals go...one month the worst brand becomes the best brand and the best brand becomes the worst. I.e: titanium's and Cocourth were fantastic. Currently titanium is experiencing some blacking out issues and Cocourth just relaunched it's product after a massive fail a while back. I just switch brands every few months because there will never be a coal that is consistent 100% of the time unless someone discovers a way to manipulate rainfall and crop yields lol.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
We shouldn't even discuss quicklights lol. They're bad period. As far as natural coals go...one month the worst brand becomes the best brand and the best brand becomes the worst. I.e: titanium's and Cocourth were fantastic. Currently titanium is experiencing some blacking out issues and Cocourth just relaunched it's product after a massive fail a while back. I just switch brands every few months because there will never be a coal that is consistent 100% of the time unless someone discovers a way to manipulate rainfall and crop yields lol.

Yeah ... thats true ... used coco naras earlier, but somehow feel they have lost it now a days ... And were damn costly too here in india ...
Been using CocoLite Nats now, Import from Malaysia they say on the box ... and DAMN good as of now ...


Sent from my iPhone using Hookah.org mobile app
We shouldn't even discuss quicklights lol. They're bad period. As far as natural coals go...one month the worst brand becomes the best brand and the best brand becomes the worst. I.e: titanium's and Cocourth were fantastic. Currently titanium is experiencing some blacking out issues and Cocourth just relaunched it's product after a massive fail a while back. I just switch brands every few months because there will never be a coal that is consistent 100% of the time unless someone discovers a way to manipulate rainfall and crop yields lol.

& as far as Quicklites go ... i always keep a box or two on the side ... Use it when i have friends over ... lol


Sent from my iPhone using Hookah.org mobile app

And another thing ... how many have experienced aftertaste or altered taste with quick lites ...???
Coz i honestly feel theres 20 25% taste difference than nats ...


Sent from my iPhone using Hookah.org mobile app

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, chitand said:

We shouldn't even discuss quicklights lol. They're bad period. As far as natural coals go...one month the worst brand becomes the best brand and the best brand becomes the worst. I.e: titanium's and Cocourth were fantastic. Currently titanium is experiencing some blacking out issues and Cocourth just relaunched it's product after a massive fail a while back. I just switch brands every few months because there will never be a coal that is consistent 100% of the time unless someone discovers a way to manipulate rainfall and crop yields lol.

While I despise quicklights, there is a huge market for them and almost every single beginner is going to be using these. It would be harmful to the integrity of this thread to just ignore them. That being said, I would say the best brand for quicklights is Three Kings. 

I have been using Starlight Natural coals for years now. They have been the most consistent for me, with just a few batches every year cracking or blacking out. Starlights have a uniform shape to each coal and produce a lot of heat. Three coals in the Lotus is pushing it. I wouldn't ever try 4 coals, foil or Lotus, as that much heat would torch the shisha. Oh, and their price can't be beat (at least locally) $3.99-$4.99 for a 72 count box. 

57 minutes ago, DrSatwinder™ said:


Yeah ... thats true ... used coco naras earlier, but somehow feel they have lost it now a days ... And were damn costly too here in india ...
Been using CocoLite Nats now, Import from Malaysia they say on the box ... and DAMN good as of now ...


Sent from my iPhone using Hookah.org mobile app
& as far as Quicklites go ... i always keep a box or two on the side ... Use it when i have friends over ... lol


Sent from my iPhone using Hookah.org mobile app

And another thing ... how many have experienced aftertaste or altered taste with quick lites ...???
Coz i honestly feel theres 20 25% taste difference than nats ...


Sent from my iPhone using Hookah.org mobile app

Quick lights always, ALWAYS, affect the flavor of shisha. If there is a brand that doesn't I have yet to experience them. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Quick lights always, ALWAYS, affect the flavor of shisha. If there is a brand that doesn't I have yet to experience them. 

There's brand of quick lites available in india here by the name of Soex ... Dont know if its available all around ... That in my opinion is pretty good quick lite and in my experience no aftertase no flavour tampering ...

Sent from DrSatwinder's Redmi Note 4

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Another thought guys ... How many natural coal cubes do you prefer starting with in kaloud ...??
Share your thoughts, then i'll tell my experience, coz i seem to be experimening with kaloud and have quite nice findings ...

Sent from DrSatwinder's Redmi Note 4

Another thought guys ... How many natural coal cubes do you prefer starting with in kaloud ...??
Share your thoughts, then i'll tell my experience, coz i seem to be experimening with kaloud and have quite nice findings ...

Sent from DrSatwinder's Redmi Note 4

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 5/10/2017 at 2:10 PM, chernobyl said:

I have been using Starlight Natural coals for years now. They have been the most consistent for me, with just a few batches every year cracking or blacking out. Starlights have a uniform shape to each coal and produce a lot of heat. Three coals in the Lotus is pushing it. I wouldn't ever try 4 coals, foil or Lotus, as that much heat would torch the shisha. Oh, and their price can't be beat (at least locally) $3.99-$4.99 for a 72 count box. 

Yes, actually because of @chernobylI was using Starlights for the best part of a year because they carry them in stock at my local smoke shops. Not bad, but I've moved on to other coals simply because I think I have a coal fetish. I have to try everything out there just to say I had them. I'm a big fan of Pharaoh's coals because of their consistency and heat. I"ve also tried the Hookah Boyz Coals which are pretty good as well. I like those because they don't give me a headache at all.

 Lately I've been ordering my coals from amazon on prime for only $10 per 120ct box. They are called coco hookah and are supplied by a local NJ company which is nice; have to support my local market. LOL They are cheap and work well. I wish they were hotter because in my ignis I have to use 4 of them to get the desired output. I haven't used my lotus since I got my ignis a few months back so I'm not sure how they will work with it... Maybe I should test that tonight. 

Anyway, I've also tried Ecocha which are very decent. I've also tried haze coals which are my favorite as far as heat. Two cubes in the Ignis and is perfect, however they give me a horrendous headache, so I haven't used them again. 

As for quicklights, I've actually come across two brands that are really good as far as taste, smell and longevity. The Pharaohs quicklights and a brand named Carbon; they both have a hole in the middle of the disk and have a weight consistency similar to natural coals. I keep those around for when I run out of natural coals which happens more than I would like.

I think that's all about my experience with coals. Hope that helped. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 5/12/2017 at 2:00 AM, DrSatwinder™ said:

Another thought guys ... How many natural coal cubes do you prefer starting with in kaloud ...??
Share your thoughts, then i'll tell my experience, coz i seem to be experimening with kaloud and have quite nice findings ...

Sent from DrSatwinderemoji769.png's Redmi Note 4

I prefer to use flats compared to cubes, but I would follow the general rule of 2-3 cubes in a Lotus depending on the heat output. 

22 hours ago, dd0723 said:

Yes, actually because of @chernobylI was using Starlights for the best part of a year because they carry them in stock at my local smoke shops. Not bad, but I've moved on to other coals simply because I think I have a coal fetish. I have to try everything out there just to say I had them. I'm a big fan of Pharaoh's coals because of their consistency and heat. I"ve also tried the Hookah Boyz Coals which are pretty good as well. I like those because they don't give me a headache at all.

 Lately I've been ordering my coals from amazon on prime for only $10 per 120ct box. They are called coco hookah and are supplied by a local NJ company which is nice; have to support my local market. LOL They are cheap and work well. I wish they were hotter because in my ignis I have to use 4 of them to get the desired output. I haven't used my lotus since I got my ignis a few months back so I'm not sure how they will work with it... Maybe I should test that tonight. 

Anyway, I've also tried Ecocha which are very decent. I've also tried haze coals which are my favorite as far as heat. Two cubes in the Ignis and is perfect, however they give me a horrendous headache, so I haven't used them again. 

As for quicklights, I've actually come across two brands that are really good as far as taste, smell and longevity. The Pharaohs quicklights and a brand named Carbon; they both have a hole in the middle of the disk and have a weight consistency similar to natural coals. I keep those around for when I run out of natural coals which happens more than I would like.

I think that's all about my experience with coals. Hope that helped. 

Good to know I have some influence :P I don't blame you for moving on though. I like to get a new brand every once in a while. I would be remiss if I didn't. There could be a gem of a coal and I would never know it. 

 

I've also used the Ecocha. They were very good. Although for me they were too pricey. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Good to know I have some influence  I don't blame you for moving on though. I like to get a new brand every once in a while. I would be remiss if I didn't. There could be a gem of a coal and I would never know it. 
 
I've also used the Ecocha. They were very good. Although for me they were too pricey. 

Yeah kinda same for me ... i usually split the nat cube into half and use three halves in lotus ...
sometimes that works perfect and sometimes its too much heat ... moreso now as its summers here, and mercury is going crazy touching 40 deg celsius ...


Sent from my iPhone using Hookah.org mobile app
Yes, actually because of [mention=9263]chernobyl[/mention]I was using Starlights for the best part of a year because they carry them in stock at my local smoke shops. Not bad, but I've moved on to other coals simply because I think I have a coal fetish. I have to try everything out there just to say I had them. I'm a big fan of Pharaoh's coals because of their consistency and heat. I"ve also tried the Hookah Boyz Coals which are pretty good as well. I like those because they don't give me a headache at all.
 Lately I've been ordering my coals from amazon on prime for only $10 per 120ct box. They are called coco hookah and are supplied by a local NJ company which is nice; have to support my local market. LOL They are cheap and work well. I wish they were hotter because in my ignis I have to use 4 of them to get the desired output. I haven't used my lotus since I got my ignis a few months back so I'm not sure how they will work with it... Maybe I should test that tonight. 
Anyway, I've also tried Ecocha which are very decent. I've also tried haze coals which are my favorite as far as heat. Two cubes in the Ignis and is perfect, however they give me a horrendous headache, so I haven't used them again. 
As for quicklights, I've actually come across two brands that are really good as far as taste, smell and longevity. The Pharaohs quicklights and a brand named Carbon; they both have a hole in the middle of the disk and have a weight consistency similar to natural coals. I keep those around for when I run out of natural coals which happens more than I would like.
I think that's all about my experience with coals. Hope that helped. 

Wonderfully expressed experience man ... Useful ...


Sent from my iPhone using Hookah.org mobile app
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hey all ... How you all doing...
Another thought, recently been experimenting and using natural wood lump coals ... And i am impressed with the result ...
Anybody else using natural lump coals?

Sent from DrSatwinder's Redmi Note 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
" userid="10692"]Hey all ... How you all doing...
Another thought, recently been experimenting and using natural wood lump coals ... And i am impressed with the result ...
Anybody else using natural lump coals?

Sent from DrSatwinder's Redmi Note 4



I don't actively use them, but I have used them in the past. I even made my own for a while. I do have to say they are very cheap and the longevity is astounding. Although in my experiences they changed the flavor of the smoke. Not as badly as a quicklite but it was still there. I'd gladly recommend them however. Just be careful of them popping or splitting

Sent from my Pixel using Hookah.org mobile app

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
" userid="10692"]Hey all ... How you all doing...
Another thought, recently been experimenting and using natural wood lump coals ... And i am impressed with the result ...
Anybody else using natural lump coals?

Sent from DrSatwinder's Redmi Note 4



I don't actively use them, but I have used them in the past. I even made my own for a while. I do have to say they are very cheap and the longevity is astounding. Although in my experiences they changed the flavor of the smoke. Not as badly as a quicklite but it was still there. I'd gladly recommend them however. Just be careful of them popping or splitting

Sent from my Pixel using Hookah.org mobile app


Yeah man ... absolutely right more or less ... i did experience taste change with one lot, but then i did not light them up properly ... may be coz of that ...
Now i just break them to medium sixe and use in kaloud ... no taste change whatsoever ...


Sent from my iPhone using Hookah.org mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×