Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Blu_Fox

Nile Cafe- San Francisco, Ca.

Guest Blu_Fox

I will be going there tonight to check it out. I will post a review tomorrow.

It looks interesting.

Guest Blu_Fox

Very small place. Sorry no pictures. I didn't have my camera.

Atmosphere - Very traditional feel. Somewhat dark. One table of students was very happy. They had been there many times and knew the waiter by name. Decor was Indian, Pakistani, and Turkish. Very cozy.

Hookahs - Good shape, pretty clean, Wooden bowls, and smoked okay. Had to add way too many coals to get good smoke.

Shisha/Tobacco - I picked Pineapple Crush, it was a little weak, tasted like a smoothie. Due to friendly students I got to try the Guava and House Blend. The Guava has strong with good flavor. The House Blend was smooth and calming(not sure why though). I couldn't find out what brand they carried. Sorry.

Service - friendly, slow but apologetic, One guy for 12 tables.....It was a Monday though.

Coals - Natural Wood. Pot on sidewalk with very large pieces and a smaller pot inside with broken pieces.

Overall it was relaxing and I would probably go again with friends.

Cost: $15 - $20.00 per bowl. I thought alittle expensive, but this is San Francisco.

Drinks for $2.00 up to like $7.00

They had coffee(Regular and Turkish), Expresso, Teas, canned sodas, smoothies, and Beer.

Parking - none of course- $6.00 for 2 hours across the street....don't J-Walk...I got a warning.

thanks for the review...

I looked at the directory and we already have it listed there too*:)