Need tips on making my own orange flavored shisha!

Hello guys! I’m new to the page

This weekend I’m going to attempt to make homemade shisha tobacco. 

I looked up a lot of videos and still couldn’t figure out the flavoring part.

looking for a lot of clouds and orange flavor! 

Any tips would help and if u can comment step by step would be awesome! 

Thank you. 

Edited by Daddyabed
  • Like 1

1 answer to this question

Hey there, and congrats on attempting to make your own shisha!!

You want clouds?  Vegetable Glycerine!!
You want good flavor?  I make my own e-liquids for vaping, and the best orange flavors i've come across are Sweet Tangerine by a company called "Capella" and Blood Orange by another company called "Flavor West."

I get my flavors from a website called wizard labs, and they offer multiple sizes of the flavors for a really good deal.

I will give you a couple of 'tips' but as they are on flavorings, these are just my opinion, and your palette and mine could be quite different.  If you are unsure about any flavor, get the smaller sized 'testers' is what I call them, little like 1/2 ounce bottles and they run a dollar or two, but when you do find a flavor you love, you can get bigger bottles of them, like 8 ounce bottles that come with nice twist and pour tops like a mustard bottle.

Capella has a lot of flavors, and are considered one of the best in the biz, but, in my experience, their fruit flavors are not great, as in weak (so you need to add A LOT) or all candy flavored, which may be good for you, but when I want a fruit flavor, I want an actual fruit, like a ripe, tasty fruit, not a candy...  The Capella Sweet Tangerine and Cantaloupe are my two favorites, and the only fruits I can really recommend by them...

Flavor West is still new to me, but their blood orange is a go-to of mine now!!

My highest recommended flavor company is The Flavor Apprentice (TFA) or The Perfumers Apprentice (Same company, two different names, not sure why).  Most of what I've had from them are very good if not amazing, so it's a good starting point.

Also, if you want things sweet, most of these flavors dont have a sweetener in them, including the sweet tangerine.  You can get a sweetener from lots of places, but my go-to is called "Sweetener" by The Flavor Apprentice.  It's a 50/50 mix of sucralose and ethyl maltol, and so it's a nice, rounded sweetener, which is a good general purpose sweetener.

Hope this helps you out, and I'm curious to read how your shisha comes out!!