Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nima

Hookah Lounge in West Lafayette - Purdue

Hookah in Lafayette is in Chauncy and currently the only hookah lounge in Lafayette, West Lafayette area...

Use this thread to review Hookah Lounge in Lafayette, IN

Website (I actually coded that website myself)

Ps. You can now rate Purdue Hookah lounges in the directory as well...

Guest ggggg

A great place to relax, but the owner is quite an [no profound language please]

I have to agree.

The place is a nice lounge, but the owner has managed very well to piss everyone off...

They could use some good music from time to time too

Guest schmoo

I like the environment of the bar and stuff, but the service is pretty slow (like 15 minutes for a beer)...

Guest Discordian

I'm new to the forum, but i have been smoking hookah for a year and a half.

I have to say I'm surprised how many of you are in Indy! I'm from Naptown myself (Indianapolis).

I'm lucky enough to live near 3 hookah bars (all in walking distance) and have been to 2 not near me (Hookah in West Layfette included).

I have to say, Hookah was the worst hookah bar experience EVER.

Not only was the music so loud my friends and I had to text each other because talking was too difficult, the food was bad and pricey, and the hookah itself SUCKED. Very weak smoke and flavor and such slow service that we only could only smoke one coal and we were there for an hour and 20 mins.

If you want real nice hookah, come to Indianapolis and look up Khourey's or The Egyptian, both of which are in Broadripple (although neither compare to the smoke we get at home : P).

EDIT: it seems you guys already know of my hookah spots!

I've been to Egyptian, and don't like it, but I agree with you on most of the problems at the Lafayette Hookah.

The hookah lounge in West Lafayette is supposed to be making a lot of changes over summer.

I'm going there tomorrow. We'll see if they've done anything so far

Guest mrtko1030

Yeah, I'm from Indy too (Seems to be a lot of us) and I'm not a huge fan of the Egyptian Room either.

Khoury's is fun but it seems better for a group get together with dancers on fridays and the restaurant-ish setting. For a more relaxed hookah sesh, I'd reccomend Ali Baba's or Egyptian Room.

Ali Baba's is my favorite in indy-area by far though. The owners are very cool with people and are fast on service. But the only downside is the music, they seem to play a lot of heavy rock and rap, a weird combination and still none of it is very good chill music.

Just my 2 cents.

ive never been to Ali Baba, maybe some time soon.

I hear a new hookah bar is opening there too

Guest HookahWaffle

Hookah Cafe in Chauncy is alright. I spent a LOT of time there before Egyptian opened up. If Egyptian would get themselves some more comfortable seating, it would win hands down.

I just go back to HC for memories when Im in town. It used to be far better back about 5 years ago than it was when I went to visit again last year. They've really killed their own business.