Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest BugAreNotOnMe

Buying my first hookah

Question

Guest BugAreNotOnMe

I never smoke hookah on my own. It always me and someone else, or two other people. I'm looking for something so me and a couple guys at my uni can go out, find a picnic bench, set the thing up, and just smoke a little.

Ideally it will have three hoses, but two is alright I suppose.

I'm looking to spend less then 100$, but I also want something that will last a couple years without leaking or corroding.

Here are 3 that I found

This one looks nice and is cheap. But I'm afraid that it'll be a cheap Chinese hookah and will start leaking after 5 uses

Then there is this one. Handmade Egyptian, which is nice. The price is also good. I'm probably most likley to get this one. One thing I'm concered about is that if there are only 2 people smoking, will I have to cover the third hose? How do I do that, besides just jamming a paper towel in there.

Finally there is this one. Probably the highest quality of the three, but a little too pricey for my taste

Recap:

I know very little about hookahs. I only want to spend about 70$. I also want it last a couple years without any maintence other then cleaning.

Post some suggestions please.

7 answers to this question

Guest mr raiden

if your looking for a cheap hookah with a decent amount of hoses for cheap there are smaller hookahs that are great. i have a small hookah and i love it, it hits great, easy to clean and it was cheap. i'll find the sites that have them and post them if you'd like.

Guest BugAreNotOnMe
if your looking for a cheap hookah with a decent amount of hoses for cheap there are smaller hookahs that are great. i have a small hookah and i love it, it hits great, easy to clean and it was cheap. i'll find the sites that have them and post them if you'd like.

Yea, some sites would be great

Are any of the ones i linked to any good?

Guest vincent09

Not to burst your bubble, but I would go with a 1 hose. They hit so much better, and less to clean.

You can get a nice Khalil Mamoun for under $100 easy.

That's Hookah Master Vincent's .02 cents

Guest mr raiden

::.. Hookah Buzz.com - Products - Single Hose Hookahs ..::

HookaH-HookaH :: PRODUCTS :: Hookahs...

The Blade Small Mod 2 Hose Hookah 15 inch

here are some links to some that i have found, and to as what vincent said i believe what he said is correct they do hit alot better but if you dont want the hassle of having to wait for your turn then the multi hose is for you

Even with a multi hose hookah you have to wait your turn to an extent. Even with just two people hitting the hookah at one time, it will a) burn the shisha and B) cause both peoples hits to be inferior.

And did I miss a memo? I didn't think we were alowing links to outside companies.

Guest trapman

i agree with vincent, 1 hose hookahs are FAR superior to any multiple hose hookahs, but here is an easy solution, but a multiple hove hookah with stoppers, my freind bought one the other day that have three different hose outputs that can be plugged up, so you can test out having more than one hose, and if you dont like it you can convert to a one hose

Guest thundermango

i bought a two hitter off ebay not long ago ad it smokes excilent ,and looks great, but i had to bore it out for the connection to the hoses on the base was two small and caused friction, but 5min with a power drill and polish and it is amazing , price was $70, with the hose bearings so no hose plug which is handy.