Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Kevster

I think I found a way

Question

Guest Kevster

I think I found a way to smoke hookah in my room.

In order to do this I was going to first open both of my windows which are in the corner where I was going to smoke it, then I will put a wet towel under the door and spray cologne in any possible cracks. Then I was going to put my ceiling fan at full blast and blow the smoke out of the window when I am doing it. After my smoking session I was going to spray more cologne and air fresher to cover up any possible traces.

Will this work especially given that my hookah is fairly small and doesn't produce much smoke?

22 answers to this question

Guest trapman

that will more than work, howerver, instead of cologne just burn some inscence while and after smoking

Guest Kevster
that will more than work, howerver, instead of cologne just burn some inscence while and after smoking

Ok so it will afterwards also what is the likelihood of the smell sticking to things in the room like my bed and furniture?

I hear it is high?

Anything I can do to prevent this?

Guest trapman

dont leave open cans of shisha laying around, and do not let them spill (like my noobish freinds) i still dont think you need the cologne, but fabreez may very well save your life IF it sticks (shouldent because on the inscence)

Guest Hookah in ZAX

Sounds like what we used to do in the frat house, but it wasn't hookah, the hookah was used to cover the smell. But your precautions will definitely work.

Guest TricenaLea

The incense idea works. try blowing your smoke into a toilet paper roll..... You take a toilet paper roll and put scotch tape on one end and poke some holes in it. throw 3-4 laundry fabric softeners in it and when you blow your smoke into it it smells like a fresh load of laundry. works like a dream. Hope I helped

Guest Kevster

So if someone comes in the room I smoked in and I used my precautions they won't know right?

Guest mr raiden

the only smoke that they might smell is on your clothes but other than that as long as you use fabreez and or the idea above your last comment you should be good

Guest HookahWaffle

Depends on how small a room you're smoking in, and what flavors, but I've never had my hookah leave a lingering scent for more than an hour as long as I open a window.

Guest Kevster
the only smoke that they might smell is on your clothes but other than that as long as you use fabreez and or the idea above your last comment you should be good

How big is your room I'm just wondering?

Btw what is the risk of the hookah setting off a smoke detector?

Guest mrtko1030

Unfortunately, we are in the same situation.

I"m only 17 so my parents don't mind that I smoke it, but they don't want me to smoke it in my room. But with winter coming fast I'm getting tired of being outside or the garage and am interested in the same thing.

Keep us posted on how it works!

Guest silverraindog

ya same here, living with my aunt and have to go outside everytime i want to smoke, so i have made the garage in to a smoking area, with a couch and chairs. Now all i need is a laptop :)

Guest Tweakin

heed my word of warning...if its on carpet

hookah accidents will happen eventually no matter how careful you are

Guest vincent09
heed my word of warning...if its on carpet

hookah accidents will happen eventually no matter how careful you are

Speaks the truth he does.

thats true. I once had to pay $500 for replacing my rental place's carpet for burning it with as many as 50 coals throughout the year i lived there

Guest reptar4n

haha. daang manng you went all out. I personally dont think hookah scents really linger that much. i can smoke then go see the family and no one can even tell. i've even done it in a room and an hour later my mother came in and couldnt smell a thing.

just open you're window and door afterwards to let a crossbreeze take the smoke out.

I'm lucky enough to get to smoke in the house, and I have noticed no lingering scents. I've smoked 3 or four bowl until 3 or so in the morning, and you can't even smell it in the morning when you wake up. The stuff just doesn't stick. Unless you burn the shisha. Then it will linger. Just get a fan, something you can set on the window sill or a desk or whatever. Kick it on pointing out an open window and you'll be golden.

Guest jsharp07

ok. here is what you do. open 2 windows if you can. put a fan blowing out of one of the windows. burn incense while you smoke then fabreeze any fabrics in your room and burn more incense.

you will never know you have been smoking.

Trust me. my mom is like a smoke bloodhound and she can't even tell that i smoke in my room.

Guest Roka_Miami

Tricena - that's an imaginative idea... I'm gonna try it just for fun.

OP - but hookah smells sooooo good. Best of luck though!