Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest maomao

What do you put in your base?

Question

Guest maomao

Just curious as to what people have exerimented with in their bases other than water. What have you tired that was really good? What have you tried that wasn't so good?:D

I've tried camomile tea before and it was pretty good, I smoked peach and it had a nice peach tea flavor.

8 answers to this question

Guest SmokeKagu

I've experimented with this a lot.

Milk-Creamy taste, make sure to dilute with water enough or it will bubble up and the milk will come through your hose.

Bacardi 151-Don't do it

Vitamin Water-The flavor is to subtle to really taste anything. Yet, sometimes if you use a subtle tobacco flavor as well, it accents nicely.

Crushed Berries (Other Fruits)-I emphasize crushed berries cuz this tastes amazing! You only need like 4-5. Just crush and drop in. Other fruits work well, just keep in mind, you really do not need that much of a particular fruit to get the flavor. Put too many pieces of fruit and it may overwhelm the flavor of the hookah.

Coke-when you put coke in, beware that when you take your first puff, it will all be carbonation. It was a funny experience so try it for the laughs, but otherwise, flatten the soda a little before filling the base. Goes very well with Al-fakher Cherry.

Mint-I prefer to use a few mint leaves instead of mixing mint tobacco with another flavor when I want some mint in my hookah. The reason being that it seems like mint tobacco flavors are often overwhelming and make the flavor too minty (guess it depends on your taste) but the mint leaves in the water (I use like 3-5 leaves) was much more subtle and enjoyable. I felt it accented the flavor as opposed to covering it up which happens a lot when I mix mint tobacco.

Guest maomao

Wow Smokekagu, nice list! I recently tried white wine in the base. The flavor was pretty good, but it gave me a headache pretty quickly though. Berries and milk sound like they'd be cool to try.

Guest roka_zulu

should you veer away from putting any alcoholic liquids in the base?

or just that bacardi?

i wouldnt ever put alcohol only. but i dont see why you cant use bacardi

Guest SmokeKagu

no you can put w/e in the base. But as Nima said putting ONLY alcohol is a bad idea, not just bacardi. If you are interested in using alcohol and actually enjoying. Get a normal 80 proof liquor and put like a shot or two with water or juice. It adds a little kick. Some people like it, some people don't.

I have also heard rumors that putting alcohol in the base is dangerous because you can get alcohol poisoning more easily, I don't know if this is true. But beware of the possibility of this risk. I have no actual experience with this being an issue ever though, and multiple of my friends have tried it.

Guest roka_zulu

ohhh, awesome...

okay this might be a stupid question..

but is there any way to get bubbles to come out of the hookah?

like...putting some kind of bubble fluid or soap somewhere in the hookah?

this without causing some kind of toxic inhalation...lmao.

just wondering. it'd be cool if we could pull that off.