Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest shyfilly84

Hookah Newbie Extrodinaire!

Guest shyfilly84

Hello everyone!

My name is Jordan and I live in Las Vegas. I joined this forum to try and find out how I can start my own hookah lounge. I am more needing legal stuff and info on how to get proper licensing and things like that...I just don't know where to even start looking on that front.

Any help would be awesome!

Guest vincent09

Good luck. I hope you know what you're getting into. lol

Guest Roka_Miami

Start with your local chamber of commerce - they'll tell you what city fees and permits you need. From there, contact the State Government (you could do this through their website). They'll have more permits (and fees) you'll need - depending on whether you want to serve liquor, food, etc.

Begin drafting your business plan - you'll need this to know when you expect to break even and when your business will predictably begin to earn profit.

Be prepared to wait months, even years. And save, save, save. A hookah bar is relatively low start up, but relatively low in business terms is at least $10k.

Best of luck! and welcome!

Guest roka_zulu

welcome..

and good luck.

Oh and trust me, once you begin the process of starting up, it's gonna seem pretty heavy..but don't give up, you can do it !

Guest roka_zulu

Its going to be awhile before our finances are in order to get things done right..

but don't worry, any changes or updates and we'll keep you all posted ;]