Nima

can u put whiskey (whisky) in hookah?

Question

Has anyone tried that before?

I've tried vodka, but never whiskey. What flavor would it go with the best?

51 answers to this question

Guest kalutika

You could but a question arises. Why not just drink the whiskey?

because you are already drinking it and you bought an extra bottle :)

Something spicy. Pumpkin... Christmas blend...Something like that. Or vanilla, that would bring out the flavor in the whiskey I think.

Interesting idea...

Guest kalutika
because you are already drinking it and you bought an extra bottle :)

My personal thought is that drinking it with a flavor that compliments it will give a much fuller experience than smoking through it. Afterward you are left with tainted and relatively undrinkable whiskey in the base that really just goes to waste. the flavors in whiskey are subtle enough that I doubt they would lends anything notable to the smoke. Nuances that can be sensed through sipping but doubtfully through evaporation.

I guess it would be like If my cigars were drawn through whiskey and then the smoke was consumed. I would rather drink it because otherwise it will just lend an alcoholic flavor and not much else. Hell it loses half it's appeal anyway. Drunk per dollar efficiency goes to rock bottom when you dump most of the alcohol out without drinking it.

Guest vincent09

Umm Ew...

IF you did this. Im hoping you already know not to put more than a shot or two in and mix it with water...or you WILL die.

Guest zuzu89

ive done ouzzo (middle eastern "arak" ) b4 and mix it with Al-Fakher double apple MMMM MMMMMMM soooo good

but again u have to like the taste of black liquorish

that does sound good. I actually have had ouzzo and like the drink

Guest DBox

Whiskey is a great addition to the base. It gives you a much more intense buzz and really blends well with a jasmine/mint combination.:D

You do have to be careful with how much alcohol you put in the base though.. don't forget about that.

• Like 1

Guest DBox

Very true. The rule of thumb I generally go by is about 1 part alcohol to 3 parts mixer. Otherwise you get too much of the alcohol taste and it really over powers the senses. Not a pleasant experience.

Guest roka_zulu

absinthe= bleagh.

hmm, idk..I'd consider putting in something sweet to maybe counterbalance the dry-ness of the whiskey.

Guest Roka_Miami

zulu and i have tried beer and champagne (diluted with water, of course) with ... oh, i can't remember what flavor tobacco we used. twas yummy tho

hmm...maybe I'm the kind of person who needs a flavor to be crazy strong and smack me over the head with a sledgehammer, but back when we experimented with putting things like powerade and stuff in the base. I didn't taste any difference at all...

Once when we were desperate we used seltzer water...that carbonation killed my lungs...so idk how using beer was any good...(Admittedly we didn't dilute it...so that could have been why...)

IDK, I'm not a HUGE fan of putting anything other than water in the base, but maybe if I have a crappy base or a crappy hookah, I can experiment with it a bit...

Guest kalutika

If you put anything that is bubbly in the base you are supposed to take out the carbonation. The CO2 is what kills your lungs and can really fuck you up.

yeah that's what I thought...we were young and stupid back then...lol

Also I stopped after a short while cuz I thought it was a bad idea and it was kinda painful.

Guest roka_zulu

Apple Cider.

yum-o.

(ugh, i dislike rachael ray.)

Apple Cider.

yum-o.

(ugh, i dislike rachael ray.)

hrm not a bad idea...though it would make me sad to use apple cider for hookah and let it all go un-drunk.

Lemonade might be good for the summer...experiment time?!

(When I get my km...lol)

Guest roka_zulu

whoa baby, never even thought of that.

I LOVE LEMONADE!

especially in the color PINK! <3

Guest 2JZUL8R

Ive never tried whiskey but we have filled an entire vase with Gin. We smoked SB Blue Mist. It was not a good combo. I felt sick afterward and it was a huge waste of gin. Probably wont do it again. Wine is good to add though.

Ive never tried whiskey but we have filled an entire vase with Gin. We smoked SB Blue Mist. It was not a good combo. I felt sick afterward and it was a huge waste of gin. Probably wont do it again. Wine is good to add though.

yeah I've been really wary about adding alcohol to the vase, diluted or not, mostly due to the fact that inhaling alcohol vapors will mess you up...and not in a good way.

Guest roka_zulu

an entire vase..

yeah..

that doesn't sound at all promising. lOl.

Guest Roka_Miami

a cap full or less should do the trick.

coffee with mint shisha... mmm mmm mmm.