Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest vincent09

Khoury's Mediterranean Island - Indianapolis, IN

Guest vincent09

I am not kidding when I say this was the worst Restaraunt/Hookah experience I have had. The taste of the food was spot on, however the waiter was horrid, the tobacco they use is low quality (Layalina), their hoses and hookahs were not clean I kept getting bits of ash or whatever else was in there and the vase of the hookah was discolored from residue. It took almost 30 minutes from the time we sat down for someone to come take our drink order. We ordered our drinks (3 diet cokes, how hard is that right?) Our waiter came back and asked what drinks we ordered 2 times, then we ordered watermelon hookah. He came back and asked what flavor we ordered 3 times! That's unacceptable. I almost wanted to cause a scene and not pay for my food and hookah.

DO NOT GO TO KHOURY'S MEDITERRANEAN SHITHOLE ISLAND!!!

4/10 Just for having good tasting food.

wow, i had been wanting to go to that place and write a review, but i guess you did it for me.

That sucks that they offer such bad service. Also, it wouldn't cost them more than $0.50/bowl to use Starbuzz. Don't underestimate the power of greed though.

How much were their hookahs?

Guest vincent09
wow, i had been wanting to go to that place and write a review, but i guess you did it for me.

That sucks that they offer such bad service. Also, it wouldn't cost them more than $0.50/bowl to use Starbuzz. Don't underestimate the power of greed though.

How much were their hookahs?

$12.00 per hookah, 3 people per hookah, and $5 for each extra bowl

Guest vincent09

Yeah...it wasn't great. It's hard going from smoking Starbuzz all the time to Layalina. I forgot how weak and flavorless it was.

Guest Elektrobot

It sucks to read such a poor review of Khoury's. Not only does the owner share my last name, I also ate there frequently before moving up north. My family always has large events catered by them, and they have several of our pictures scattered throughout the place.

My wife was good friends with 2 people who worked there even before we met.

Their food is spot on for sure- one of the few places you can order raw kibby.

.....As for hookah, I can see where they would not be the best. It's definitely not their focus and most of their customers who try it are probably clueless and enjoy it for the novelty.

Go there for the food, not for hookah. It's a shame to have to say that...

You wouldn't happen to remember the name of your waiter would you?

Guest Philosoraptor

Nima,

doesn't the Egyptian here at Purdue use Laylina and Skyzz? Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure they don't use starbuzz and their hookahs range from $12 to $18. I think refills are $7 also...

They must be makin some serious cash

EDIT:

Of course now that I say that, they're still miles ahead of Hookah!. That place serves Havana (probably my least favorite) and they're prices are equal if not higher. Not to mention the atmosphere is a little too "college" for me, if you know what I mean.

they do and it is very sad cause i dont think their hookahs are good at all.

I really like Egyptian mainly for people who work there though. i rarely order hookahs there

Guest Philosoraptor

I really like Egyptian mainly for people who work there though....

Same here. I know they've got a couple of new servers right now. I laughed when one of them tried to give me suggestions on hookahs =p I just looked at him and asked for a mix without even glancing at the menu (which are new BTW).

In fact, that same time I was there, the hookah he brought out (I think they have KM setups...?) was janked. The bearing in the release valve had been jammed in so the base couldn't be purged. I had to loosen the hose whenever I needed to purge =p

If I had any free time to get a second job, I'd love to work there as someone in the back who packs hookahs...the place could use a little help.