Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest mitchard

Nakhla Tobacco Reviews

Guest mitchard

Nakhla Mizo Grape

Hookah:33" KM Pharonie

Bowl: Small Phunnel

Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD

Hose: KM Ultimate

Coals: 2 CH Naturals

Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Medium cut, reddish and juicy

Smell: I would say its similar to that of pre-ketchup AF grape. Nice smell to it.

Taste: Delicious. Strong grape flavor. Beats out the good batches of AF grape flavor wise.

Smoke: Nice thick clouds.

Buzz: Pretty strong for me. Always gets me.

Duration: About and hour or so

Overall: 8/10. My first shot as the Mizo line. Not disappointing at all. The flavor lasts through two rounds of coals each time. Much wetter than standard Nakhla. The best grape I have tried so far. I have smoked it so much I am sick of it, but I had to order more today since I know i'll miss it when I run out.

Guest mitchard

Nakhla Fruits

Hookah:33" KM Pharonie

Appearance: Brown and sticky.

Smell: It smelled like chocolate covered raisins. Maybe i'm crazy.

Taste: Like 2 CH naturals.

Smoke: There, but not the best.

Buzz: Didn't do anything for me...

Duration: I stopped after a couple hits.

Overall: Gross. I have read about people loving it. Maybe I had a bad box? No signs of leakage whatsoever. I don't know whats up with it. Maybe it was just me, but there was no flavor.

Guest mitchard

Nakhla Mandarin

Hookah: 33" KM Pharonie

Appearance: No food coloring, so as with most Nakhla, a dull brownish color. Med cut.

Smell: Like orange peels! Haha.

Taste: Slightly bitter, but a very nice flavor overall. They got the Mandarin angle down perfectly.

Buzz: Pretty strong for me. Always gets me.

Duration: About and hour or so

Overall: 9/10. One of the best orange flavors I have tried. While not as sweet as I was expecting, the flavor was still great. Pick it up if you haven't already.

I added some glycerin to the last 100g or so and the clouds were booming.

stickied for ya. I don't really like posting my reviews in an all in one thread, because people that come to find a certain review want to be able to find it fast, not scroll through a thread with 50 more reviews. although it is a good idea, i don't think it will work out if we're wanting visitors / new comers to find the reviews they're looking for fast.

Guest mitchard
stickied for ya. I don't really like posting my reviews in an all in one thread, because people that come to find a certain review want to be able to find it fast, not scroll through a thread with 50 more reviews. although it is a good idea, i don't think it will work out if we're wanting visitors / new comers to find the reviews they're looking for fast.

From experience with other sites, I think it works better in this format. Rather than being extremely cluttered, each brand is centralized in one place.

Guest patt2k

I used to smoke a lot nakhla. They don't taste best but personally I like the most ORANGE it gives a lot of smoke and is actually testing good.

Guest Genie

This was a freebie included when I bought my KM. Sorry, Mithcard, I have to completely disagree with your review.

Brand/Flavor:

Nakhla Basha Grape

Methodology:

Me and my KM Kafae with stock Egytian bowl, two layers of foil pulled tight. Three Shishaco coals, adding and removing them as needed.

First Impressions:

Typical look of Nakhla. Kind of dry looking. Didn't smell particularly good. Really hated the taste. Hated it so much I didn't finish the bowl. Tried it again later and felt the same way.

Post Mortem:

Cooked right through like it should.

Pros:

-Good clouds

-Baked well

-Little to no buzz (pro for some, con for others, I know)

Cons:

-Flavor sucked.

Conclusion:

I am shocked at how bad this was. I expected better from Nakhla. I'll never ever buy this.

D

Guest Genie

Brand/Flavor:

Nakhla Jasmine

Methodology:

Me and my KM Kafae with Phunnel bowl, two layers of foil pulled tight. Three Shishaco coals, adding and removing them as needed.

First Impressions:

I smoked it all already so I can't go stick my nose in the container again to describe the smell. Faint scent of jasmine, as I recall. Typical Nakhla texture.

Post Mortem:

Cooked right through like it should every time.

Pros:

-It's awesome

-Good clouds

-Baked well

-Mild buzz

-Not fruity, it's different. Jasmine flavor not overpowering.

Cons:

-Flavor is a bit subtle, but not overly so. Could have been a bit stronger, but I liked it the way it was just fine.

Conclusion:

I always want to have this in my stash. I loved it. I haven't tasted but one floral shisha before this and that was rose (AF, AF Golden, and Hydro Herbal). I think I am going to be a big fan of the floral flavors. It wasn't sweet at all, it was strong like Nakhla should be, yet the jasmine flavor wasn't overpowering at all. Yes, sir, it was good stuff. Hubby described it with the statement, "this is an interesting shisha." From him, that's quite a compliment. I should add that I tasted a Jasmine at the hookah cafe I frequent in San Antonio. I don't know what brand it was but I think it was AF. That one had very little flavor, this was infinitely more interesting (hubby was right, it IS an interesting flavor) and flavorful.

B+

Guest Genie

Brand/Flavor:

Nakhla Sheherazade Cardamom

Methodology:

Me, my KM Kafae, Phunnel bowl, one layer of HD foil, crinkled and wrapped well around the bowl. Three Shishaco coals.

First Impressions:

WTF? This smells like menthol! I mean, STRONG! Could I possibly have gotten menthol in a cardamom box or ??? But, no, I surfed around on the net and apparently this is what it's supposed to taste like. Oddly, I could smell cardamom before I opened the box. But then I open it and it's all MENTHOL!

Cardamom is a spice, like nutmeg or cinnamon. It should taste spicy, why the heck did they put menthol in it? Or, perhaps a better question, why'd they put cardamom in menthol shisha?

Smoking it was quite reminiscent of smoking a menthol cigarette, without the nasty cigarette taste of course. Brought back memories of desperate smoking situations where the only person around to bum a cigg off of was someone with menthols.

I finally decided I wouldn't throw it away. Maybe I'll have someone over who has a thing for menthol. I don't generally like menthol in or on anything, and this is no different, yet it was at least quite interesting. It's been 90 minutes since I smoked it and I can still feel a menthol burn all the way down into my lungs as if I were still inhaling it. Being allergic to menthol probably doesn't help the situation.

Post Mortem:

Baked quite well and all the way through. No problems there.

Pros:

- Very interesting, unique, unexpected.

- Great clouds

- Baked well, no fuss.

- Very little buzz

Cons:

- Is not cardamom flavored. It's menthol flavored and someone held up a bottle of cardamom next to it right before they boxed it up.

- Fans of stronger tobaccos or interesting and unique flavors of shisha will enjoy this. It wasn't harsh. But the flavor was quite strong. Menthol is inherently strong.

- Very little buzz

Conclusion:

I won't buy this again. I'm not disappointed, I'm just really surprised. Okay, maybe I am disappointed. This was actually supposed to be AF's Cardamom that I got but the company sent me Nakhla's instead. My first thought was, COOL! Then I tasted it. I've tasted AF Cardamom, it's nothing like this. I thought the AF Cardamom would be nice to have around to blend with other flavors. This stuff, well, if I get bronchitis it might be nice to use as a poultice.

F because it's not what it claims to be. If it had said "Menthol" on the box, I'd probably give it a B+ or maybe even an A for being so dead on with the menthol flavor. Especially if I liked menthol.

I'm not sure but I'd be willing to bet that you can't buy a sport's rub that doesn't have "menthol" listed as an active ingredient if it contains any menthol at all. Honestly, it should have been listed on the box. Ugh.

Guest Genie

Brand/Flavor:

Nakhla Fakhfakhina Fruit (can reads, " Fruits Molasses Fakhfakhina")

Dummy that I am I thought Fakhfakhina was a flavor in and of itself. I was determined to get a 250 gram jar of something everybody raved about and there was all kinds of raving about Fakhfakhina. Since it was Nakhla, I didn't think I could go wrong. Guess I didn't read the fine print because I didn't realize there were different kinds of Fakhfakhina. But the place I ordered from only had this one flavor of Fak, it read "Fakhfakhina Fruit." Here I am thinking that it's some kind of fruit, right? Like kiwi or guava or something. NOT! If I'd had any idea I was ordering a mixed fruit flavor, I'd have stopped right then and there. I've yet to taste a mixed fruit shisha that I liked. I only know that it's a mixed fruit because of the photo of mixed fruits on the can. Otherwise I'd be sitting here thinking that fakhfakhina is one boring fruit and wondering why someone thought it would make a good shisha.

Really, someone needs to do a Nakhla tutorial and explain the difference between straight Nak, the Schehzerwhatever, the Mizo, and the Fak. Because I'm confused! And are there more?

Methodology:

Me, my KM Kafae, Phunnel bowl, two layers of foil crinkled up. Wind cover as needed. Three Shishaco coals or three chunks of Stargate coals, depending. I've smoked this several times now.

First Impressions:

"What does this smell like?" I have no idea. I can't tell what it smells like. Kind of sweet--with the barest hint of an almost Kool-Aid smell (pick a flavor, it's just a hint and could be any flavor), a little floral, and this undertone of something artificial that kind of scratches my throat if I sniff the contents of the jar too much. I haven't smoked tons of Nak but this seems a tiny bit wetter than other Nakhla I've had. But, again, my experience is limited. It's certainly wetter than the Earl Grey, but it bakes the same so it makes no difference.

Clouds are fine.

Taste is..... eh. It's generic. I can't really taste much, there's a smell, that hint of sweetness. It's highly underflavored and wholly uninteresting. The only reason I keep smoking it is because I've been out of nearly everything else and a body can only handle so much Hydro Rose and Nakhla Earl Grey in a week.

I have a bunch of shisha coming in tomorrow, thank everything. The minute that shisha is on my hookah shelves Fakhfakhina Fruit will become something I might blend with something else to mellow it or to add a bit of sweetness to it. It has so little flavor I don't think it could ruin anything I added it to. But we'll see.

Post Mortem:

Bakes great, just like other Nakhlas I've smoked. Nothing wasted, dries right up until it's downright crunchy but not burned.

Pros:

- It isn't horrible.

- It came bagged up in a nice airtight can.

- Very little buzz.

Cons:

- It isn't good.

- Very little buzz.

- Boring, uninteresting, and a waste of a perfectly good airtight can.

Conclusion:

Waste of money. Waste of coals. But it beats having nothing to smoke. I recently reviewed Nakhla's Cardamom (thinking there may be more than one kind, the regular and maybe the Scheherezade, I reviewed the latter) and it was like smoking a Mentholatum soaked gym sock. I wouldn't smoke it again if it were the last shisha on earth. Fakhfakhina Fruit, well, it'll do in a pinch. It's definitely kept me sane while waiting for more shisha to arrive. I'll probably smoke it again, if it's blended with something else or when I've run out of everything else.

D

Guest Genie

Brand/Flavor:

Nakhla El Basha Caramel Flavor

Methodology:

Me, my KM Kafae, Phunnel bowl, two layers of HD foil pulled tight with large holes poked down through the shisha because I packed it below the rim but a bit densely. Three Shishaco coals, removing one as needed, wind cover as needed.

First Impressions:

Yuck. Smells artificial out of the box and not so much like caramel as, well, cheap caramel-like flavor. Tastes artifical too. There's that undercurrent of Nakhla wonderfulness, but that artificial overtone is unpleasant. There's also a bit of harshness I find unpleasant. This is my second shot at it. Packed it light and fluffy and over the rim last time, doesn't taste any better either way.

Post Mortem:

Typical. Bakes well. Little or no moisture left after 45 to 50 minutes of smoking. Flavor lasts throughout.

Pros:

- Good clouds

- Baked well, no fuss.

- Mild buzz

Cons:

- Artificial tasting

- Unpleasant smell, makes me think of cheap Halloween candy.

- A tad harsh

- Mild buzz

Conclusion:

Pure disappointment. I'm so in love with the Pistachio, Jasmine, and Earl Grey. Was hoping for a better flavor but it really let me down.

C-

Guest MrMister

Hookah: 32" KM Guru

Bowl: Sahara Smoke Vortex

Hose: KM Tundra

Coals: 2 Exoticas

Base Liquid: Chilled water with ice

Appearance: Medium cut, brown and stemmy

Smell: Like licorice and dried orange zest

Taste: Orange toothpaste. Reminds me A LOT of Romman Good Times.

Buzz: Pretty heady, felt really light headed after two 10 second pulls

Duration: Two hours or an episode of Mythbusters, two episodes of Family Guy and one episode of Robot Chicken

Overall: 7.5/10

This was my first experience with Nakhla and while it wasn't great it wasn't wretched either. It's definitely a more robust smoke than Starbuzz or Fantasia and the flavor is significantly less potent than the aforementioned varieties. Newcomers to Nakhla should also note that while the nicotine levels mirror Fantasia the fact that Nakhla is unwashed makes the buzz incomparable to any other shisha I've tried. The one big thing I have to say about Nakhla is the fact that it is a more authentic tobacco as compared to the American counterparts and the price. At half the price of Starbuzz and Fantasia Nakhla is definitely more affordable as a daily smoke. I'm looking forward to mixing the Orange with some Nakhla Lemon.

Guest MrMister

Bowl: Egyptian

Appearance: Thick cut, black, looks like burnt shisha

Smell: Cheap cigars

Taste: Cheap cigars

Buzz: Medium to strong

Duration: Thirty minutes in, I might not finish this.

Overall: 5/10

This sh!t is not your girlfriend's shisha, unless of course she smokes stogies and chews Skoal and if she does you scored a winner. Heavy smoke, unflavored, no molasses...it's practically pipe tobacco in a box. I've read this is one of the more authentic shishas and I'll say this much, if Zaghloul was the first thing I would have tried I would have been turned off forever.

Guest MrMister

Bowl: Sahara Smoke Vortex

Appearance: Medium cut, brown and stemmy

Smell: Lemon scented floor cleaner (sounds tasty right)

Taste: Lemon Ranchers and Lemon Floor Cleaner

Buzz: Pretty heady, felt really light headed after two 10 second pulls

Duration: 75 minutes

Overall: 7.5/10

Granted it was lemon, but it had this weird "zippy" taste to it. Kinda "twangy" if you will. Throughout the bowl my mouth was sending mixed signals of lemon Jolly Ranchers and Lemon scented floor cleaner. Once burned in it didn't bother me so much but can say I am looking forward to the Nakhla Mizo line for both the quality and the price compared to Starbuzz and Fantasia.

Guest MrMister

Bowl: Phortex Bowl (Broken Vortex made into a Phunnel)

Appearance: Medium cut, brown and stemmy (felt like a lumberjack packing my bowl)

Smell: Mild peach smell, if any.

Taste: Like a mild peach before its properly ripened, a little tart with no sugars present. Most authentic peach I've ever tasted.

Buzz: Pretty heady, felt really light headed after two pulls.

Duration: 75 minutes

Overall: 8.5/10

The Nakhla Mizo line is awesome, it's cheap, smokes well and has now become my daily stash. The flavors I've tried so far are pretty tasty and the smoke is fairly thick for Nakhla. I'll save the Starbuzz for the party sessions or when people need an introduction.

Unflavoured shisha tobacco like zaghloul is the mainstay of shisha/hookah in egypt. 95% of shisha smokers in Egypt and the rest of the middle east smoke this. Flavoured shisha has only come into popularity in the middle east in the last 10 years before that this was all there was to smoke. Its fair to say that its an acquired taste that only hardcore shisha smokers will smoke. Personally if prefer the flavoured tobaccos but a lot of my friends won't even some and apple shisha. Just a bit of background for you guys incase you were wondering whats the hell nakhle were thinking :P

Review of Nakhla lemon (from Fakhfakhia line of Nakhla tobacco) by Paul:

Easily one of my favorite hookah tobaccos; this is Nakhla Lemon. It’s a part of the Fakhfakhina line and it is probably one of the most true to name tobaccos you will ever smoke.

I want to point out that this