Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RoGeTa

While you Hookah!

Question

What do you do while you hookah?

If you read, what kind of books do you like?

If you listen to music, what kind?

You know, that kind of thing.

I'm usually with friends and we just talk. I'm currently looking for some goo hookah music though. I'm thinking Jazz would be a good combo.

13 answers to this question

Im usually playing backgammon if im at the coffee shop and smoking. If I'm at home, its usually outside just drinking a beer, relaxing a bit, and sometimes having conversations with other people

I think persian music would be best :)

Listen to Om Kalthom! Best hookah-accompanying music ever. Or f you want Persian music, check out Lily Afshar. She's a classical guitarist from Iran, and there is some great mellow but intricate music that she has that is perfect for the background of a conversation or just setting a peaceful mood.

I have been unsuccesful thus far in finding any of those artists, but I don't give up easily ;)

I recently paired a hookah session with some none lyrical, easy jazz music. I have to say that it went quite well!

Send me a private message with your email and I'll hook you up. You'll love it.

Om Kalthom has several different ways of her name being spelled in English, so she's hard to find.

Afshar is the best classical guitarist in the world, but not too mainstream, so also hard to get ahold of. I promise it's worth it though.

I have been unsuccesful thus far in finding any of those artists, but I don't give up easily ;)

I recently paired a hookah session with some none lyrical, easy jazz music. I have to say that it went quite well!

Guest SmokeKagu

My dad loves smoking and listening to Om Kalthom. I tried it and its so relaxing. otherwise i just listen to trance or classical.

I figure the point is to relax. so i pick w/e music helps me relax.

That's my kind of smoke. :-)

Yeah, it's usually the older generation that likes her, but I looooove her.

And I definitely enjoy the trance and classical, depending on my mood, the atmosphere, and what I'm smoking.

My dad loves smoking and listening to Om Kalthom. I tried it and its so relaxing. otherwise i just listen to trance or classical.

I figure the point is to relax. so i pick w/e music helps me relax.

Guest jcy123

If you are into Turkish music (most Arab styles are very similar) you should listen to Omar Faruk Tekbilek.

I have been listening to him for a few years now and his atmosphere is only heightened by smoking the arguileh. Very good traditional music.

I actually didn't get that music! I checked and nothing showed up. I checked the junk mail just in case, but it wasn't there either. Of course, if it was a long time ago that you sent them, and they did end of in the junk folder, I'm not so sure they stay in there very long before my internet provider deletes them. I'm sad I didn't get them!

EDIT:

I just found two files. From you sent it. They were buried beneathe a ton of other stuff. Thank you!

Second Edit:

It said they expired lol. I suck. I'm sorry!

I'll definitely check it out. I don't have any Turkish music, but I love the Arab stuff.

You won't be dissapointed. I listened to him earlier, its pretty awesome stuff.