Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest scalliwag

so where's the party?

Guest scalliwag

Hello everybody, my name is Scalli and I'm a hookah-holic :( It started off innocently enough, we parked the pirate ship offshore somewhere in the mediterranean, went in and stole all the shit we could find and all I had to show for it was this damn hookah. :o

One of the other pirates came up with shisha and threw it at me... a fight ensued and she whipped me arse.... I liked it. ;)

She threw the shisha at me and told me to put it in my pipe and smoke it. Been smoking the bun-uva-sitch ever since :(

I wash it down with cold Shinerbock beer, the breakfast of champions.

Oh, and I like pirate wenches and dirty jokes not neccesarily in that order.

So what the rest of you beetches up to?

What exactly is "cowtown" texas? I have heard this before, but I can't figure out if it is a nickname for a city or a city itself lol.

My experience is limited to Dallas/Fortworth and Shermin/Denison areas, as they are close to Oklahoma. But, I've also been to Austin and San Antonio and Killeen.

Guest scalliwag

Cowtown is a nickname for Fort Worth. The stockyards where Billy Bob's Texas is at is where the cowboys met up with their cattle to head up to Kansas on the Chisolm Trail.

A pretty thorough write-up here for anyone curious on the history. Fort Worth Stockyards

Who'd a thunk that the Scallimod would have been thunk up here? ;)

I made a few other items over the last couple of years but that's the one most people know and/or have.

Other than that I'm pretty much a full time goofball that relies heavily on the patience of others to tolerate my insanity. :eek:

Guest Lemmings

Amazingly wonderful introduction there scalliwag.

Party's everywhere at all times.

Guest scalliwag
Amazingly wonderful introduction there scalliwag.

Party's everywhere at all times.

thanks. Shinerbock brings out the demented side of me :P

I was wondering if you were the mighty inventor of the scalli mod! I loved mine until my cousin accidently threw mine away. I need to get me another one.

Bless you kind sir.

Thanks for clearing up the Cowtown thing!

I also enjoy me some shiner. I have the heffeweiser in the fridge right now, and I am quite fond of the Blonde as well. But, a good ol' shiner bock is always appreciated!

Guest scalliwag
I was wondering if you were the mighty inventor of the scalli mod! I loved mine until my cousin accidently threw mine away. I need to get me another one.

Bless you kind sir.

Thanks for clearing up the Cowtown thing!

I also enjoy me some shiner. I have the heffeweiser in the fridge right now, and I am quite fond of the Blonde as well. But, a good ol' shiner bock is always appreciated!

The ones I made were out of copper plumbling caps. MNHookah gave me a couple of phunnel bowls when they first came out so I could test my theory and in trade I gave them ownership of the idea.

Then they got a guy to start making glass bowls and mods. So the way that worked out was really neat.

I have no desire to learn how to blow glass so it's not something I would have ever come up with.

Now I'm making custom hoses with exotic wood handles and olivewood microphunnel bowlsand I'm having really nice results with an idea I'm calling the "conical bowl".

The wood bowls are really neat. They absorb flavor which can be a good thing if you like a certain flavor.

My fav is Starbuzz Peach. The more I smoke it the stronger the flavor gets.

It only takes about 5 grams of shisha and one coal gets it going. So it saves a lot in shisha and coals and puts out gobs of smoke.

There is a video link from my website scalliwag.tripod.com and at least a couple of Youtube vids of me showing how they smoke and how to set them up.

Guest kalutika

Glad to have you here Scalli. I have been a fan of your videos and your creations for a wile here. I am the kind of person that likes to make/enhance anything I am interested in as well so it's cool to have you around. I hope you enjoy the forums.

Guest scalliwag
Glad to have you here Scalli. I have been a fan of your videos and your creations for a wile here. I am the kind of person that likes to make/enhance anything I am interested in as well so it's cool to have you around. I hope you enjoy the forums.

Thanks Kalu. It's always a pleasure to talk to others that look at things in same way I do. To think if people didn't reinvent the wheel there would not be spinners that keep spinning after they stop... maybe that's a bad example :eek:

I have seen too many daily life changing innovations in my lifetime (PC's, cellphones, etc) to believe for one second there is not room for improvement in just about everything.

Especially since hookahs are grounded in tradition. I appreciate and respect tradition and I'm even a history buff.

A whole lot of my ideas are from other areas, mostly physics related. Some ideas like the phunnel mod was strictly physics. Knowing the air would take the least path of resistance something in my opinion needed to redirect the heated air through the shisha.

As you can tell and probably already know I can go on and on about damn near anything so I'll shut up now ;)

Guest kalutika
Thanks Kalu. It's always a pleasure to talk to others that look at things in same way I do. To think if people didn't reinvent the wheel there would not be spinners that keep spinning after they stop... maybe that's a bad example :eek:

I have seen too many daily life changing innovations in my lifetime (PC's, cellphones, etc) to believe for one second there is not room for improvement in just about everything.

Especially since hookahs are grounded in tradition. I appreciate and respect tradition and I'm even a history buff.

A whole lot of my ideas are from other areas, mostly physics related. Some ideas like the phunnel mod was strictly physics. Knowing the air would take the least path of resistance something in my opinion needed to redirect the heated air through the shisha.

As you can tell and probably already know I can go on and on about damn near anything so I'll shut up now ;)

Sounds reasonable to me. Hell the first hookah I ever owned was homemade. I brew my own beer and mead, I make my own clothing sometimes and costumes for theater and I am working on making my own pipe/shisha tobacco. Anything I enjoy I eventually end up making my self.

Guest scalliwag
Sounds reasonable to me. Hell the first hookah I ever owned was homemade. I brew my own beer and mead, I make my own clothing sometimes and costumes for theater and I am working on making my own pipe/shisha tobacco. Anything I enjoy I eventually end up making my self.

That's cool. I have made beer a few times and was surprised as hell it turned out better than Shinerbock. It was from a recipe I can't take credit for but I was just surprised I did not mess it up.

My goal is to build a tavern that includes a hookah bar, hookah shop and microbrewery. The microbrewery would be managed by a friend who used to work for Rahr's so he knows how to do it from a commercial aspect. But we would only have internal sales.

I have the place and the layout picked out. If I get enough hookah stuff moving to justify the overhead I would put my workshop in the rear and as funds permitted work towards the tavern and other aspects.

This is the place I'm looking at

That's cool. I have made beer a few times and was surprised as hell it turned out better than Shinerbock. It was from a recipe I can't take credit for but I was just surprised I did not mess it up.

My goal is to build a tavern that includes a hookah bar, hookah shop and microbrewery. The microbrewery would be managed by a friend who used to work for Rahr's so he knows how to do it from a commercial aspect. But we would only have internal sales.

I have the place and the layout picked out. If I get enough hookah stuff moving to justify the overhead I would put my workshop in the rear and as funds permitted work towards the tavern and other aspects.

This is the place I'm looking at

Now if only you didn't live in Gorram texas...

we need more hookah bars in MA...

is there a no smoking in bars law in MA?

except for specific licensed bars. We have a cigar shop/bar in my hometown, but the hookah lounge near my school was just denied a license because the town voted against it. So yeah...its kinda hard to get established here sometimes. Though I have heard of a few hookah bars in downtown boston. Might be worth taking a look at.

Guest roka_zulu

wtfrench?

townspeople are crazy..banning smoking in bars.

well mr. scalli, you seem to fit right into this interesting bunch.

i'll tell you one thing..if you look ANYTHING like johnny depp--

you can come rob my ship whenever you want.

pack a bowl, inhale, enjoy...

and welcome to our circle :)

Guest scalliwag

I look just like Johnny Depp if you're drunk enough and have a really good imagination :o Other than the ugly thing (sack over my head) or fat thing (sack over your head!) I guess I look like him anyway :o

Guest roka_zulu
I look just like Johnny Depp if you're drunk enough and have a really good imagination :o Other than the ugly thing (sack over my head) or fat thing (sack over your head!) I guess I look like him anyway :o

lmao, points for creativity.

and in your defense..i did set the bar kinda high :/

I look just like Johnny Depp. I promise. :D

Pics or it didn't happen rocco..

this is a modern life, i'll have you know ;]

Guest Roka_Miami

Oh, I get it: scalliwag !

Do we have a celebrity in our presence¿?

Lol, Welcome! :)