Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Lemmings

Buying parts to make ones' own full hookah?

Question

Guest Lemmings

While looking at the list of hookahs I've noticed that on most I love the stem of a hookah but not the base, or vice versa.

I've Seen that pretty much every part to a hookah can be bought individually just from this site. I was wondering if by chance you like a certain base but not the stem you could instead with proper shopping to make sure all the parts fit with one (say all from medium modern hookah part selections) another select your own parts to sort of create the look you want yourself.

Just curious to see if this is a possibility from any of the more experienced among us. If so some tips and suggestions. If not or not a reasonable solution :(, I'll find another method or search harder (lazy shopper if I can get away with it).

6 answers to this question

you always take a risk mixing and matching parts. The base to one of my old old hookahs shattered and so we bought a new one online. Turned out the opening wasn't quite the right size and so we had to jerry rig it to work...

I'm sure its a possibility, just understand the risk you're taking mixing and matching parts.

Guest Lemmings

The risk will be kept soundly in mind. Will be buying a normal complete hookah before I try mixing anything. Just a pretty good size listing on this site so hoping later without too fiddling I'll have something completely to my taste.

Guest scalliwag

It's a bit like buying a car in parts. I'm not real sure how cost effective it would be.

Also like ZH said since the parts are coming from different hookahs things like base grommets could be the least of your troubles I've got a couple of hookah stems that won't even fit into some of the other hookahs I have vases without a grommet. :( That would be a huge problem.

I have a bunch of different sized vase grommets so as long as the stem is undersized I can fit up about anything.

Case in point

Guest Lemmings

Haha very nice same with the one on the hookah pic page (genius how all 3 work without plugs). Price isn't really much of a concern with this idea in mind.

If compared to cars the end result would be what I'm hoping to have after some money, time and effort.

Will get a few sets of grommets to try to help on that front.

Guest scalliwag

right, that is the main thing to understand. If you want it a certain way and anticipate the cost it's all good.

And thanks on the hookah compliment :)