Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nima

Website Update

I did a quiet but big update last night...

The whole site (most of it) is completely recoded - even though it doesnt look different.

Site should load twice as fast now :)

Cheers

(still working on the mobile version)

Guest Roka_Miami

great job as always, Nima. I did notice the fast loading when I logged on just now

Guest roka_zulu

you are fantastical sir.

and i patiently await for the mobile version ;]

It loads much better. I say it again, Hookahlounge.net, you are my hero!!

(Impatiently waiting mobile version ;))

thank you guys....

The mobile version has got me by the balls man.

I have two options:

1- write a whole new code for mobile version which would be tough cause every time i update the site i have to update that too...

2- write a custom code that would automatically shrink the unnecessary parts of the site down and deliver it

I'm working on choice number 2.

I figured those mobile versions of the websites were more difficult than they appeared lol.

I really appreciate all the effort you are putting in to this. It it comes down to choice number one, you might want to just nix the idea lol. After all, I can access the website from my phone, it just takes a while to load.

one way or another ill get it to work..

The thing is the site itself doesn't have much images to load.

The main parts the might slow it down are the two trust logos in the bottom right. Those are both images and javascripts...

i did another small update on the header area..

wait for a kick ass logo that is coming soon (already paid the designer to do it) :)

Guest Philosoraptor

I noticed the new navigation right away. Kudos! You changed up the nav on the left side also, no?

slightly, i might try to optimize that in near future too.

for right now the new logo is in the works

Guest Genie

I didn't notice it was faster, but I did notice that the tabs had been moved around a bit. Overall, I think it looks better and is more user friendly. Kudos.

Guest Philosoraptor

Awesome sauce! Not only does it look good, it saves people from having to dig through multiple pages to get to the "buy me now!" button. Nice 8^D

Guest Genie

Yup, looks really really good! The only thing I'd add if it were me is a flavor finder. Dead helpful gizmo at a shisha website. Keeps you from having to click on each individual brand of shisha to look for one or two flavors. It's nice to click the flavor you want, then have your brand choices for that flavor pop up.

thats a great idea genie,

I will have my coder look into it and see if its feasible

thank yoiu

Guest incade

Hey Nima,

If you ever need another hand, I live in the Lafayette area and I'm a professional developer.. I'd be glad to meet up with you sometime and show you my work, and maybe I can lend a hand for the site as far as the mobile version (maybe an iPhone version)?

hey,

sounds great. Lets meet sometime. you go to Purdue? PM me your name and number and i'll give you a call tomorrow

Guest Philosoraptor

Yeah a flavor finder would be a nice feature to have. And, regardless of whether you have your inventory in a database, spreadsheet, access file, or hell even a .txt file, it's still a pretty straightforward app.

I <3 Easy apps that add a lot of value =D

Come to think of it, a build-your-hookah app would be simple enough too. You know, just mix and match parts of a hookah setup and bill/ship them all together.

Yeah a flavor finder would be a nice feature to have. And, regardless of whether you have your inventory in a database, spreadsheet, access file, or hell even a .txt file, it's still a pretty straightforward app.

I <3 Easy apps that add a lot of value =D

Come to think of it, a build-your-hookah app would be simple enough too. You know, just mix and match parts of a hookah setup and bill/ship them all together.

while that is a great idea, the problem is, that means that Nima has to keep a ton of modular parts on hand and he needs to keep very close track of what is in and what isn't. Not to mention the risk of mixing and matching parts and having none of it work out in the end, the reward simply isn't worth the risk.

however.

If Nima did this, I'd be very impressed because I'd love a custom hookah. Again, I still don't think its worth the effort.

it is a lot of work, but if i find someone that can do it for the right price, ill get it done... :)

I also got the first draft the logo in today, hopefully it will be done within a week or so...

Cheers

Guest Genie

I keep checking back at your site for certain shisha flavors I want or hoses I've been looking for.

What about a new item update thingie. Whether it is a thread you have in the forum that we can subscribe to or an email update. Save me from having to keep coming back to look.

For example, I was hoping to get a 250 gram box of Nakhla Jasmine next time I order and I want the longer Nammor hose which you've been out of. I notice it doesn't say out of stock right now, but the thingie to choose a color still isn't offering any colors.

I'd LOVE to get updates on new products or products that were out of stock but are back in.