Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Genie

Enjoying mixing herbal w/regular shisha.

Question

Guest Genie

When I just can't stand it and gotta have the "hard stuff" I've been mixing half herbal and half regular. This has produced some extremely tasty results. Plus I don't get the nicotine hangover from smoking a whole bowl of Al Fakher or Nakhla.

My absolute favorite mix so far, of course--being a noob--my current supplies are limited, is Hydro Herbal Grape and Nakhla Apple. OHMYGOSHY'ALL! It's SO good. Extremely complimentary.

Mixing Hydro's Sweet Rose with Al Fakher's Rose (not the Golden) has also been interesting. Makes it more sweet, less buzz of course. Very very good.

But today, oh my, I should be receiving a little 50g box of Nakhla Earl Grey. I know me, I LOVE Earl Grey tea and I'll suck this shisha down just like I slurp the tea. Then I'll regret it because me and nicotine don't mix well. What herbal should I try combining it with? Anybody smoked it? Do I dare risk combining it with anything and ruining the flavor? Argh. Shouldn't have ordered it.

12 answers to this question

Guest thundermango

mint is tricky, wouldn't recommend it since being new, try some light cooking herbs that you would put on meat to bring out flavor. those herbs are very flavorful, but not over powering, while giving it a pleasant odor/taste

cheers to another alchemist of herbal mixing :cheers:

Guest Genie
mint is tricky, wouldn't recommend it since being new, try some light cooking herbs that you would put on meat to bring out flavor. those herbs are very flavorful, but not over powering, while giving it a pleasant odor/taste

cheers to another alchemist of herbal mixing :cheers:

I really don't like mint so I don't have any and haven't considered mixing it with anything. So far, not liking things in the form of tea or food has definitely translated to not liking it in shisha either.

My goal in regard to my original post here isn't so much to change the flavor of tobacco shisha but to dilute it with herbal shisha so I'm not getting as much nicotine but in such a way that the flavor is enhanced. I've been trying to figure out which herbal shisha might blend well with Nakhla's Earl Grey.

As to adding herbs to shisha, that's definitely been on my mind. I've tried ground clove in Hydro Orange so far and I used too much clove but smoked it anyway. I won't try it again. Not because I didn't like the clove but because Hydro Orange sucks. It's like smoking Sunkist.

Guest Dash-2

Maybe some honey? Goes with tea, and is in most Shisha anyways.

When I just can't stand it and gotta have the "hard stuff" I've been mixing half herbal and half regular. This has produced some extremely tasty results. Plus I don't get the nicotine hangover from smoking a whole bowl of Al Fakher or Nakhla.

My absolute favorite mix so far, of course--being a noob--my current supplies are limited, is Hydro Herbal Grape and Nakhla Apple. OHMYGOSHY'ALL! It's SO good. Extremely complimentary.

Mixing Hydro's Sweet Rose with Al Fakher's Rose (not the Golden) has also been interesting. Makes it more sweet, less buzz of course. Very very good.

But today, oh my, I should be receiving a little 50g box of Nakhla Earl Grey. I know me, I LOVE Earl Grey tea and I'll suck this shisha down just like I slurp the tea. Then I'll regret it because me and nicotine don't mix well. What herbal should I try combining it with? Anybody smoked it? Do I dare risk combining it with anything and ruining the flavor? Argh. Shouldn't have ordered it.

I love Early Grey tea more than life itself. That said, when I smoked the Nakhla flavor, I wanted to cry. It was TERRIBLE. It was like smoking tea-flavored soap. Maybe I needed to acclimate it.

-Andrew

Guest Genie
I love Early Grey tea more than life itself. That said, when I smoked the Nakhla flavor, I wanted to cry. It was TERRIBLE. It was like smoking tea-flavored soap. Maybe I needed to acclimate it.

-Andrew

I tried it for the first time last night and liked it, although I didn't LOVE it. I think I could grow to really like it though--it was so subtle. To me, it seems like an acquired taste kind of thing. I was smoking it with a friend and she insisted it tasted like Fruit Loops. It didn't even taste sweet to me but she absolutely loved it. ???? Different people, different taste buds, wild.

We ate SUPER spicy queso (she ate very little, I ate quite a bit) before smoking the Earl Grey though and the problem with spicy food is that it numbs (kills) taste buds and can change how things taste. I need to try the Earl Grey again in another day or two when my taste buds have recovered from the habanero burn.

Guest Genie
Maybe some honey? Goes with tea, and is in most Shisha anyways.

I've definitely wanted to try some honey in shisha. Just don't have any!

Guest Genie

I was going to wait a couple of days to try it but i couldn't stand it. Hydro Herbal Sweet Rose and Nakhla Earl Grey is a TOTAL winner!

YUM!!!

Next time I'll try blending some loose Early Grey tea with the Sweet Rose and, yeah, some honey! just to see what happens.

Guest kadeer

thats cool. i really wanna try just the hydro herbal stuff

yeah some of it is really pretty good. Apparently this rose stuff is worthwhile though we haven't tried/reviewed it yet.

It does produce insane clouds for herbal though...that's the real selling point in my mind...its just crazy clouds when done properly.

Guest Genie

I just ordered a bunch of Black Label shots. I'm not holding my breath that they'll be very good, but who knows, they may be nice combined with regular shisha for me.

Had an insanely good mix of Hydro Rose, AF Rose, and Nakhla Early Grey this evening. I absolutely love that Earl Grey. But I like it better diluted with something else. I'm thinking it will probably be good with grape and maybe even apple.

Guest kalutika

Find a vanilla "herbal" blend. It should add to the sweetness, mellow it out a bit and not detract from the flavor.

Guest Genie
Find a vanilla "herbal" blend. It should add to the sweetness, mellow it out a bit and not detract from the flavor.

Hmmm, good thought. I've avoided vanilla since it's not usually a flavor I particularly care for, but that might go really nicely.