Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest MrsChappie

Hello and A lil Help... Please..

Guest MrsChappie

Just thought I would drop a line and say hello... I also wanted to see if I could get a lil help.. I just got a Hookah for xmas.. I have no idea what I am doing... I have read different things and I guess I confused myself.. I understand how to set it up.. It is the actual smoking that I am a lil lost.. I am excited to be able to experience it, just want to do it right... The coals confuse me and how you smoke it.. I have been told to smoke it like you would a cigarette, then told to smoke like a cigar.. Now that is night and day..

Can someone help a girl out? Please and Thank you...

first, welcome to the forum..

Second, you should never inhale hookah (its hard for some not to), but you should smoke a hookah like a cigar (not inhaling).

As for the coals, burn one up, put it in one corner, smoke the hookah, once the coal is done, drop it, take the ash off the hookah bowl and put the second coal.

Does that answer your question?

Welcome! You've chosen a great forum from which to get information, because we're not like the huge ones that get crazy and have really pretentious people telling you they know everything.

First of all, congratulations on getting that hookah! That's always exciting. I gave my friend her first one for Christmas, and she was overjoyed.

That's good that you already know how to set it up. If you ever have questions about that or just want some good tips, Nima has a great section about that you can see on the sidebar on the left side of the screen.

What question do you have about the charcoals? I'm confused about that.

As far as the smoking is concerned, you can do whatever you want. When I want a good buzz, I inhale all the way, like a cigarette. But if you're not a regular smoker, you can get sick from nicotine poison doing this. When I worked at the hookah lounge, I had to clean up puke almost every weekend because someone inhaled every breath and wasn't used to that. Don't let it scare you, though. Just know your limits. If you're a heavy smoker already, it probably won't matter. On the other hand, I like to smoke it like a cigar sometimes, just to be able to savor the flavor. I also like to blow smoke rings, and you don't inhale to do that. My man rarely ever inhales. He doesn't smoke cigarettes, and he just likes the taste of the ma'asl. He'll sit for hours just tasting it as he's drinking a hot tea.

It's really whatever works for you.

Welcome again! I'm sure you'll love the forum.

Guest trapman

welcome

make sure you dont pack the shisha to tight or your air-flow will be messed up. Packing to tight is always a biginer mistake (it was for me).

Oh yeah, I did the same thing. Plus, if you get it touching the foil, the charcoal will burn it right up, and you'll be in for a short, painful smoking session.

welcome

make sure you dont pack the shisha to tight or your air-flow will be messed up. Packing to tight is always a biginer mistake (it was for me).

Guest trapman

also put the foil with the SHINY side down. If you dont in increases the risk of that condition that a cant remember the name of

Guest MrsChappie

Thank you for the advice... This was a christmas present from a good friend.. I was scared to use it..**excited at the same time** I think I got it now..

As for the coal... I was not sure how much to use.. the whole coal or did I have to break it..

I have learned alot just reading through this forum tonight. Thanks again!

Guest trapman

what kind of coals are you using (quick light or natural, as well as brand) and how big are they?

When I use the smaller quick lighting coals, I actually use two coals in a stacked position. I have found that I get the best clouds this way. Of course, I also inhale a lot. Not every time, but on throughout the session. And I have found that this produces the most smoke when inhaling. I have a picture, but it is like 3 k too big apparently lol. I'll add it in a second.

Ok. I used photobucket. Don't make fun of my paint skills...or lack there of. I did this really fast so I could show you lol.

hookahcoals.jpg

After those two coals are complately burnt out, I do the same thing on the other side of the bowl. This works very well for me, but your mileage may vary..