Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Layla

Can tobacco be strong and sweet?

Question

I'm on a mission to find a tobacco flavor that is as strong in potency as mint, but as sweet in flavor as mango or orange.

I know you can always mix the two, but I'm looking for something that's not... minty. I'm looking for a strong, fruity flavor. Does that make sense? Any suggestions?

21 answers to this question

Guest trapman

well you could try freak shisha and see if they have anything you are looking for, they have realy realistic flavors that are like the real thing

I'd love to. Any suggestions as to where I should buy it online? I don't think they sell it anywhere around where I live.

Guest jayson

Go with Tangiers. They have very robust shisha, and you can get them in all your favorite flavors. Give it a shot.

Either that or Romman "Prunes" (plum). That stuff is so strong and sweet, it made me sick to my stomach. But it might float your boat, who knows.

Yeah, I think I saw you post something about that before. Are all their flavors like that, or is it just prunes? Because I don't know that I'd like that flavor. I'm willing to try it, though. I've heard good things about that brand.

Go with Tangiers. They have very robust shisha, and you can get them in all your favorite flavors. Give it a shot.

Either that or Romman "Prunes" (plum). That stuff is so strong and sweet, it made me sick to my stomach. But it might float your boat, who knows.

Ok, so I'm looking at the HookaH Freak stuff, and I just realized it's hookah-hookah, which I've never been a real big fan of. But I am willing to give it a shot. I've never tried this Freak stuff...

What flavor would you recommend?

I have heard a lot of great stuff about Tangeirs as well. My next online order will most definitely include some of it. I can't help you with the Hokkah Freak stuff. I have never even heard of it :S

I think double apple would be strong and sweet. Wouldn't it?

Or maybe Double Apple mixed with premium grape

Guest jayson
Yeah, I think I saw you post something about that before. Are all their flavors like that, or is it just prunes? Because I don't know that I'd like that flavor. I'm willing to try it, though. I've heard good things about that brand.

Romman excels in "fruity" flavors. The flavors that have a very obvious taste. I'm not talking about Orange here, which is light and sweet, I'm talking about robust flavor. For example, the berry flavors are all excellent, peach, and Good Times mix.

Actually, if you don't like plum, I'd say try the good times. It's a tropical fruit medley with a little bit of mint. Very fun to smoke. You don't really notice the mint flavor, just the icy tingle in your throat. Well, at least in my throat because I inhale.

On a side note regarding Nima's post... Double Apple flavors are often mixed with anise, which is essentially where black licorice used to get its flavor from (now it comes from chemicals, but that's another story). So if you don't like black licorice, there is a good chance you will not like double apple, or any blends thereof.

Something to think about.

Guest jayson

It could vary from company to company.

I know for a fact that al-Fakher (the legit one) has the most anise flavored of all DA shisha. Layalina does as well.

If there were a double apple that didn't taste like anise, I would probably like it.

Guest trapman
Ok, so I'm looking at the HookaH Freak stuff, and I just realized it's hookah-hookah, which I've never been a real big fan of. But I am willing to give it a shot. I've never tried this Freak stuff...

What flavor would you recommend?

there are so many. Just enough to confuse me lol

find one that sounds good.

Anise is yansoon, right? Does anyone speak Arabic here? I learned to cook from Arabic people, so I know all the food type words in Arabic, but not English. So if anyone knows, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm thinking of the stuff that comes in seed form you put in things like tea to ease stomach discomfort and just for the flavor.

I'll have to make some of that tea and ponder that, because that is a fun fact. I'll see if it reminds me of licorice.

Romman excels in "fruity" flavors. The flavors that have a very obvious taste. I'm not talking about Orange here, which is light and sweet, I'm talking about robust flavor. For example, the berry flavors are all excellent, peach, and Good Times mix.

Actually, if you don't like plum, I'd say try the good times. It's a tropical fruit medley with a little bit of mint. Very fun to smoke. You don't really notice the mint flavor, just the icy tingle in your throat. Well, at least in my throat because I inhale.

On a side note regarding Nima's post... Double Apple flavors are often mixed with anise, which is essentially where black licorice used to get its flavor from (now it comes from chemicals, but that's another story). So if you don't like black licorice, there is a good chance you will not like double apple, or any blends thereof.

Something to think about.

I was disappointed in the Tangiers and the Starbuzz. They smoked really well, but I didn't like the flavors. They were really sour.

Did the Tangiers give you what you were seeking, Layla?

Guest SmokeKagu

what is this hookah freak stuff u speak of? can someone send me a link?

Guest trapman

well the hookah freak stuff is some realy "unique" stuff.

weird flavors, and flavors i had never seen before

Guest fineout

did you pack the tangiers correctly, and did you use a funnel bowl? tangiers is a really finicky shisha and sometimes takes practice to get totally right. theres some how-to's around to get it to smoke real well.

Guest GreenTeaPirate

Definitely, good times is amazing.

Guest vincent09

Tangiers has very strong flavor, but most people do not use it because it is very easy to burn. You pretty much have to be a pro to keep that stuff from burning.