Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest jayson

Cloud 9 Hookah Lounge - San Luis Obispo, CA

Guest jayson

Cloud 9 is the only hookah lounge in a hundred miles, so you take what you can get.

Fortunately, it's good! The owners also own the head shop which is right next door to the hookah lounge. The head shop has all sorts of glass "tobacco" pipes that they blow right here in SLO. The shop also has over 150 flavors of shisha ranging from Starbuzz to Layaline, Al Fakher, Fumari, al Waha and others.

Prices on the shisha aren't terribly good. A 250g tin of SB will run you $28.50 as of December 07. 100g bags of Fumari are $11. 50g sampler packs are $3.

As for the lounge, I had the privilege to be the first customer. It actually opened on my birthday so my friends treated me to a birthday hookah session.

Atmosphere: this place has it down. It isn't the biggest hookah lounge you have ever been to. It is definitely not middle eastern in motif. The bar is very modern with stainless steel tables and black leather sofas, two huge flat screen TVs, and even a private hookah booth (costs more).

Quality: These guys know what they are doing and they know how to setup a hookah. A typical bowl will last you about an hour. The bar charges you per hour, so it works out. You can bring up to 4 people per hookah, and it's $20/hr. So therefore, it's essentially $20 per bowl. You can also go solo for $5/bowl.

They have so many munchies and goodies it's unbelievable. They have a whole assortment of snacks and drinks to keep you happy.

Also what is kinda nice is that if they don't have your flavor, you can go to the head shop next door and buy your own, then bring it back and get a 30% discount off your hookah session.

All in all, a great lounge. Highly recommended.

http://www.cloud9slo.com/

Guest jayson
Hey jayson do u live north or south of San Luis Obispo.

I live in SLO.

Guest Blu_Fox

I am coming down for a car show this year in Lompac and I am going to stop by this lounge on my way back. Their website looks cool and I have heard some really cool things about this place. My wife has a friend that lives in SLO and is a swim coach. I will talk her into going too.