Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest dsm1042

Cheap hookahs

Question

Guest dsm1042

wats the dangers of low quality hookahs,

as long as u can un screw the downstem and dry it after u use it rust should be kept at bay.

6 answers to this question

Guest kalutika

Fairly true. The only real issue with a low quality hookah is durability and the seals. Most are not made to last and will eventually loosen up in multiple ways.

Also if it is not open chamber or traditional then it's impossible to get all the moisture out of it. Plated common chambers suck.

Guest Philosoraptor
Most are not made to last and will eventually loosen up in multiple ways...Also if it is not open chamber or traditional then it's impossible to get all the moisture out of it.

That's what SHE said!

That's what SHE said!

ew

On to the topic at hand, you might think you get all the moisture out, but you're sorely mistaken. It is very very very difficult to get all the moisture out and eventually, the hookah will rust. I know because I speak from experience. My old generic hookah is now and ugle piece of rusting metal held together by duct tape that still somehow smokes....

But that said, with the low quality metals come low quality threading. Threads strip easily no matter how careful you are, and what threads dont' strip end up rusting closed.

Trust me, its better to spend the extra money on a nicer hookah than have to deal with the nonsense these generics put you through.

Guest dsm1042

well i actually got a cheap china mini pumpkin. when i got it all the metal pieces were coated in metal polish that smelt horrible, the metal tip of the hose was also coated in the grease. i got the brainy idea to take the hookah apart and soak it in an alcohol n salt mixture. i soaked it for about 4 days n to my horror the alcohol turned dark brown, i dried the hookah n didnt use it for a year. when i took it back out of my draw it had rust on it. i scraped as much rust off it as i could and scrubbed the inside of the down stem well. it smokes well and it doesnt taste that bad. how do i kno if the hookah is good quality wen im purchasing one of the internet? should i just stick to brand names?

yeah you're better off that way. Brand names have a reputation to uphold, and thus are more likely to give you a better quality product. Mya, KM, MZ, whatever you want. When all is said and done, there's a reason they're brands while the generics are still just generics.

Guest GhostRobot

Don't get cheap hookahs, I spent 40$ at the local shop on a Hookah that lasted about 2 weeks. The hoses collected so much ash from the coals inside that they were not useable and the instructions clearly said "Don't clean the hoses with water". Also the bowl that came with it was a really small one(although it was a 2 Hose hookah). So I was pretty much screwed out of fourty bucks.