Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest dsm1042

Stop using aluminum

Question

Guest dsm1042

aluminum fumes are horrible for your brain and can damage your memory and lead alzheimers, i recommend you guys get a hold of brass or steel mesh.

also hoe soes the hookah experince change when not using foil, rather placing the coal right on the tobacco,

u can also try a steel brillo pad n just flatten it out or at homedepot the have steel carpet mesh which is very cheap which can be folded over itsself to make holes smaller

16 answers to this question

eh I might be willing to try something new...but as it stands, until I get something that gives me the control I like out of aluminum, I'm prolly not gonna switch.

As it stands, I dont think its a HUGE issue if you're not burning off the foil itself....which has happened to me before.

Very typically at the end of my sessions, the foil is just about spotless and the holes I poked don't look any different from when I initially poked them.

Guest Deadlegend

NO WAY! STOP THE PRESS!! GET WASHINGTON ON THE PHONE! HOW LONG HAVE YOU KNOWN ABOUT THIS?!?!

jk

we know the possiblities

most of us probably dont care enough to stop using it

Guest thundermango

well the harmfulness is from the chemicals that are used to keep it sterile and clean before use which can be easiely removed before smoking . just hold it above a fire until there are no fumes left and don't melt the foil. or just get a glass screen that comes with the mh bowls they are great with no mess and easy assembly.

Guest bigtoepfer

rather than ressurect the old thread. How much does one of those things run and because the mnh website don't have them no more or something. the link is dead. So i have no idea what the cost is that people say is outrageous. just wondering.

edit: ah i see they offer them for the tangiers bowls now too. just have to find a mod for those i guess

Guest dsm1042
well the harmfulness is from the chemicals that are used to keep it sterile and clean before use which can be easiely removed before smoking . just hold it above a fire until there are no fumes left and don't melt the foil. or just get a glass screen that comes with the mh bowls they are great with no mess and easy assembly.

ur wrong, its the heated aluminum that ur breathing in.

Guest Genie

I'm already inhaling coal smoke, what's a little aluminum? It's in everything now--we cook in aluminum, our beverages come in aluminum, aluminum pipes and vents and ducts deliver all manner of liquids and air and who knows what else to us.

I've been wondering.... shisha doesn't contain or produce tar because it doesn't burn (unless you are very unfortunate) but I wonder if there is tar produced from the coals. I mean, since we're on the subject of worrying about byproducts of smoking shisha.....

Guest thundermango

just a little iron in your system... or aluminum. well if your inhaling the aluminum then your heating your coal to hot and melting the metal. you can buy the bowl jet mod and the screen for $60 or the glass screen is $10 either way its a definitely worth the money

Guest bigtoepfer

$60 for bowl jet and screen. I don't see what the problem is. I'm buying one of these as soon as i get my hookah. Pronto

Guest Pay0The0Man

I really have no say in the matter, as I've never used foil, but what's so bad about a simple metal screen?