Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest SmokeKagu

Alcohol in hookah

Question

Guest SmokeKagu

I just had a general question. By putting a shot or two in the water of hookah, does that mean when you smoke it your inhaling alcohol? Or does the only the taste get transferred through the smoke and the alcoholic qualities remain in the water?

13 answers to this question

I've never tried it personally, so I can't give you first hand experience. But, what I can tell you is that alcohol is very volitle. Between the bubbling and the heat, I would think that you are definitely gonna inhale some alcohol. How much, I don't know. I have heard it can make you drunk, but I have no experience. That's just my educated guess (not the drunk part, the inhaling part).

I feel like we mentioned that a few times in the "Hookah How-To" section, but I don't know.

Someone told me if you fill the base with alcohol it can send you to the hospital. But I don't know if that's true or not.

I have heard that putting red wine in there is awesome for the flavor. Plus that just sounds damn classy. :D

As far as just a few shots, I'm curious to the answer myself, but I can't imagine how it would have any intoxicating effect.

Guest SmokeKagu

im going to experiment with it a bit next time i get tequila and ill get some wine. if i get tipsy then i doubt ill be drinking anymore >.>

Putting alcohol in the base is a very good way to make the hookah stronger and get more buzz.

White wine goes very well with light flavors such as mint, and red wine goes well with stronger flavors.

Also Vodka goes well with the light flavors.

Guest jwjoe

I often put a little vodka in the base of my hookah it seems to enhance the flavor just enough to make it worth it.

Guest Whoswho

The only time I'v used alcohol in my base was when my suitemates and I tried a little chemistry experiment with dry ice.

since when the alcohol ions and ions in the dry ice mix they combine. your basically taking vapor shots of whatever is in your base. however...even though the alcohol was put directly into our bloodstream; it was also out of it within 20 mins. The danger of inhaling dry ice was also a major factor, and I would advise not doing that experiment at all, since it could lead to lots of health problems. so basically....dont do it, its stupid, and dangerous...

if you put alcohol in the base with no additional liquids or substances, i doubt you would inhale a large ammount of liquor. though i think you would regardless.

Guest jsharp07

i would think that if you added alcohol you would inhale some just becaue it would evaporate. Depending on the alcohol and the ammount added i would say that it would be ok, just simply because the ammount of alcohol that would be injested would be minimal.

From experience, I used 3 shots of rum some strawberry daqueri mix, water and smoked blackberry shisha. It was Amazing.

Guest trapman

if you put alcohol in, please dilute it with water or suumthin

Guest cemab4y

When you put alcohol in the vase, and pull hot smoke through the mixture of water and alcohol, you will get some evaporation. Alcohol has a much lower boiling point, than water. The heat of the smoke, and the swirling of the bubbles in the vase, will cause the alcohol to be picked up in the smoke stream.

The flavor of the wine, rum, or any liquid that is mixed in the base, will come through (try orange juice, and see).

But the total amount of alcohol, that is ingested by the individual smoker is tiny, imagine if you put half a cup of red wine, in a vase with three cups of water. You could smoke that all night, and only get a microscopic amount of alcohol into your lungs. Then, only a very tiny amount of alcohol, would actually be absorbed into your blood stream through your lungs. Something like 2 micrograms in one night.

The "buzz" that people report, when smoking a hookah with alcohol in the vase, is mostly psychological, and not due to getting enough alcohol in your blood stream ,to get a genuine alcohol high.

Guest salina

We must avoid the use of alcohol because It is very harmful for the health.

I request to those people who drink alcohol please give up for better health

We must avoid the use of alcohol because It is very harmful for the health.

I request to those people who drink alcohol please give up for better health

There are MANY MANY studies that show alcoholic drinks are more beneficial to your health when enjoyed in moderation. The moderation in these studies is 1 serving of red wine per day, or 1 dark beer per day for women, or 2 dark beers per day for men. In moderation, these drinks provide the body with antioxidants and have about the same blood thinning ability and benefit as a single baby aspirin per day.

I won't argue with that!

But either way, last night I put Irish Cream liquer in the base with straight Tangiers Welsh Cream up top. It was very lovely and added that missing "sweetness" I enjoy so much in a smoke. I don't often put things in the base, but I felt adventurous and it was nice. I love Welsh Cream but I do wish it were a bit more candy because I have such a sweet tooth, so adding that helped.