Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Pay0The0Man

Question for more experience hookah enthusiasts.

Question

Guest Pay0The0Man

If you had to give a rundown on best quality name brand hookahs to lowest, where do you think you would put Sahara hookahs? I recently bought my Sahara hookah from a local head shop under the impression that they're very high quality, but upon reading on some other websites, apparently they're kinda cheap? Any input appreciated.

9 answers to this question

Guest Deadlegend

there not cheap. I like saharas alot.

Just to give you an idea, i have 6 hookahs, i clean them all the same way, wash them with warm water and then cool em down with cold.

I have a sahara, a mya, and 4 generics. The mya is supposed to be like the highest quality one i have, and it cracked from temperature difference! So the one that was supposed to be the best one i had seemed to be the cheapest!

As long as it smokes good, then dont worry about it.

Guest Pay0The0Man

Well it's good to hear that. (not about your base breaking, that sucks!)

I'm just worried because I hear all these stories about rusting and things of that sort.

It still smokes beautifully though so we'll see how it goes. I've had it for about 2 weeks now and it's been good to me so far.

I would put them about half way. I've had a few, and none of them are as good as my mya's or KM's... I would much rather get a mya, which is cheaper and smokes a lot better, to me.

Guest DBox

I have had several different hookahs big,small,tall,short and by FAVORITE by far is the new mini mya I purchased this past weekend. Huge clouds and great flavor. GO MYA!

I have had several different hookahs big,small,tall,short and by FAVORITE by far is the new mini mya I purchased this past weekend. Huge clouds and great flavor. GO MYA!

I TOLD YOU SO ! lol. I love my mini mya. But be careful, i've heard of people dropping ice in them and shattering them.. I've never had it happen to me (:

Guest DBox

Do you mean simply putting ice in it or physically dropping it in?

Guest kalutika

What is most important is your own experiences.

That being said I would say that SSC hookahs are a mid range hookah. They are factory made and prefab parts assembled into different arrangements with bases that are of contemporary design and medium quality. There are some stand alone pieces but they are all the same level of quality and the same manufacturing process.

There were some problems a couple years ago with the SSC stems rusting out and failing. The fact that it happened at all turned a lot of people away but it was surprisingly quick corrosion too. Supposedly they have changed the stems materials and have remedied the problem. I have no experience with the newer models.

From my experiences with the old ones they are decent rigs. Nothing exceptional about them but they will treat you fine.

Over all (factoring in different models from different years or production) my list goes like this

Nour

Temsah

Khalil Mamoon

Magdy Zidan

Mya Saray mid-high cost models

Sahara Smoke Company

Mya Saray low cost models

There are lots of other companies out there that make very good hookahs but these are the most common on the market and the ones I have some experience with. There are also lot of other companies that are not worth your time and produce generic crap that won't last.

Do you mean simply putting ice in it or physically dropping it in?

Physically dropping ice in it, while nothing else is in it. It cracks the bottom up pretty badly.

Guest DBox

Oh..I usually have a little water in there to avoid that but thanks for the heads up. Everyone is amazed at how well such a little hookah smokes. I love it!