Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Hooligan

Hookahs in the military

Question

17 answers to this question

we have soldiers buying from us and us shipping them to their bases.... so

Guest Hooligan
we have soldiers buying from us and us shipping them to their bases.... so

well i guess that settles that.

next time I have any questions I'm just gonna PM you rather than waste a space

im sorryyyyyy

Guest bacon
well i guess that settles that.

next time I have any questions I'm just gonna PM you rather than waste a space

im sorryyyyyy

haha who's an idiot now

Yeah, actually I've seen a master chief at an old hookah bar. i told him I was going to tell his higher up. He told me that's okay, he smokes hookah too! haha

Guest Deadlegend

yeah ive been thinking about this lately. I plan on going into the military and whiel im sure that ill be able to smoke eventually, i know i wont be able to in basic which is gonna SUCK

Guest lavado

Im in the airforce, and i keep my hookah in my room. Its only used to smoke tobacco so its not considered drug paraphernalia. Tons of room inspections, i even got complements from my higher ups on it LOL

Guest Bsw9090

I'm in the airforce as well.. And we arn't allowed to have them in dorm rooms as coals put off heat plus they have a smoking ban in the rooms now.. BUT I've had my higher ups ask if they could borrow/have me come over so they can smoke my hookah lol.. And actually I was at a party this weekend and like everyone was military and we were smoking away whenever it wasnt raining lol

Guest lavado

In grand forks there is a smoking ban in the dorms also, you can't even light candles. But in order for you to get in touble, there must be EVIDENCE of smoking.

For example a candle with a burnt wick, or a burn spot on the floor where a coal might have fell. But each base is different...

Guest MrMister

I think the Armed Forces should be allowed to drink, smoke, pop whatever the hell they want to (except when Oscar Mike). It's these people that put their lives in danger every day they cross the wire so that we can maintain our lives here and they should be rewarded for that.

Just my two cents.

Guest Husker

As previously stated, the pipes themselves are not banned in the military.

However, if you buy one while overseas and smoke it, you cannot ship it back via USPS. The issue is with the residue in the bowl. Generally, they confiscate the pipe at the APO.

The solution is to either buy a small one with a case and put it in your checked bags when you fly home, or buy an extra bowl and toss the used one before you ship it.

I simply bought two. A small single hose hookah for me while I'm OCONUS, and a large 3 hose hookah to be shipped home. :)

BTW, another blue suiter here. 2A773 PAFSC / 2G051 DAFSC.

Guest Husker

Outside the Continental United States.

I'm at a forward deployed location in SW Asia.

Guest flowerchild

I wish we could have them on the ship but it is banned.

Generally they're not banned...The issue is that you may have someone in your command who just doesn't know any better; it's best that you don't argue directly with them. The Uniform Code of Military Justice doesn't even address "drug paraphernalia"...and it's backed up by United States Code...but what you can do, to gently state your case, is refer them to 21 USC 863 (Title 21, United States Code, Section 863). Look at section "F"; hookahs are traditionally and primarily used for smoking tobacco and as such are not considered under the law to be "drug paraphernalia". Your best bet is to limit your smoking to outside the building, and to clean the residue from the bowl and base immediately afterward. As long as you don't draw undue attention to yourself your command won't really give you any trouble about it.