Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest wolfgang959

completely new to hookah

Guest wolfgang959

hi my names josh im from the UK i recently went to egypt n tried a hookah n i enjoyed it, i am addicted to smoking cigarettes (mayfair superkings) but i wanna get one of my own hookah's it would be great for party's also stops others stealing my cig's. so ive been looking around n im completely confused about what you need to buy and how you set it up when you have it. thanks for your help :)

Welcome to the site! Basically what you need is a hookah, preferably a reliable one. Here, I'll make you a list.

1. A Hookah.

The one's I've linked you to are very amazing hookahs. They're really popular and give off amazing smoke.. Also, they are pretty reasonably priced for the popularity of them. If you don't necessarily like them, then there are a few other brands I would recommend to you. Mya Saray sells amazing hookahs. They have a base hookah that retails for around $40 and it's a true soldier. I've had mine for nearly 3 years and smoke out of it more than anything. It's called the "Mini Mya." The Mini Mya has an acrylic base and metal stem that disconnects into two pieces to make it more portable and easier to clean. It's very easy on the eyes, also. Another good brand is Khalil Mamoon. They're traditional hookahs, just like the one's that I've linked you to.

2. Tobacco / Shisha.

I prefer Social Smoke, Starbuzz or Fantasia. Another good brand is Al Fakher. It all depends on your taste.. The first three I mentioned are somewhat expensive, but well worth it.. They're "Premium" and you can definitely tell.. While Al Fakher isn't exactly premium but still is pretty upscale compared to most.

3. Charcoal.

This is a hard one to recommend.. It really depends on what level of convince you need versus what quality of charcoal you want. Quick lights are good for someone who doesn't want to wait on a natural coal to be lit by a stove. But they do sometimes taste and it's not always worth it. The coals I recommend for everyone is Coco Nara coals. They take about 5 minutes to light and they are made of coconut shells.. You also have to light them with a coil on a stove.

3. Tongs.

These are a required item. And they're pretty cheap. There are better pairs out there, but tongs are tongs.

4. A bowl.

We don't sell the bowls I recommend, but any bowl will work. Most of the time they come with hookahs when you buy them.. But if you're going to become an avid hookah smoker, then you may want to invest in a better bowl. The best bowl in my opinion are phunnel bowls. They make replica ones that are just as good as the real ones and half the price.. A good bowl can cost anywhere between $10 and $25.

5. Wind Cover.

This item might not be required, but I recommend it. Why? Because as a new hookah enthusiast, you'll have heat management problems. And you'll end up figuring it out eventually, but it may take a while. A wind cover is ideal for places with a lot of wind, a fan, or cold atmospheres. It also helps if someone accidentally hits the hookah, the coals won't fall off as easily.

6. Hoses.

Again, these usually come with the hookahs, but you would eventually want to upgrade. What should you upgrade to? Nammor, Razan, or Cobra. We sell Nammor and Cobra, but the Cobra isn't necessarily washable. But in my opinion the Cobra is the best hose you can buy. You want a thick hose for a better draw. They usually cost around $20 and they're totally worth it.

7. Foil.

Can't smoke without it. Most enthusiasts say that they use HD Reynolds Wrap, which is what I use.. Poke tiny holes, and lots of them. I usually use a push pin or needle for sewing.

Here are a few other things I would eventually recommend:

Charcoal Holder @ BuyHookah.com - Keeps it safe to carry charcoal from one room to another, without any burn holes on the carpet or wood flooring.

Cleaning Brush Kits @ BuyHookah.com - A big thing. Your hookah needs to ALWAYS been clean to enjoy the smoke.

Sorry for the short novel.. I'm glad you asked this question.. I'm going to post this in my blog! :)

Guest wolfgang959

hi thanks for this information it is really useful i think i would be a good idea to have this stickied for any newbies like me who need help on the things you need.

hi i found this hookah set on a uk website it contains:

Size: 88cm

This set contains:

- 1 Aladin Luxuria W308 Waterpipe (Smoke tube made of stainless high-grade steel) more durable

- 1 Charcoal Tong

- 1 Valve ball

- 1 Tobacco bowl (Deluxe bowl with huge capacity)

- 1 Set of grommets

- 1 Ash plate

- 2 Cleaning brushes

- 1 hose

- 1 Metal filter (Charcoal filter)

This Party Kit Also Contains

- 80 Disc pack of quick light charcoal

- 100 Sheets of Shisha Foil

- 6x 50g Pack Soex bundle

- 3 Aladin Clay Bowls Expertly Made

- Wind Cover

- 20 Mouth Tips

i wouldnt need anythign else would? the total cost its £75 ($115) and £5 ($7.67) delivery is that a good price for a complete setup?

thanks again liz

hi thanks for this information it is really useful i think i would be a good idea to have this stickied for any newbies like me who need help on the things you need.

hi i found this hookah set on a uk website it contains:

Size: 88cm

This set contains:

- 1 Aladin Luxuria W308 Waterpipe (Smoke tube made of stainless high-grade steel) more durable

- 1 Charcoal Tong

- 1 Valve ball

- 1 Tobacco bowl (Deluxe bowl with huge capacity)

- 1 Set of grommets

- 1 Ash plate

- 2 Cleaning brushes

- 1 hose

- 1 Metal filter (Charcoal filter)

This Party Kit Also Contains

- 80 Disc pack of quick light charcoal

- 100 Sheets of Shisha Foil

- 6x 50g Pack Soex bundle

- 3 Aladin Clay Bowls Expertly Made

- Wind Cover

- 20 Mouth Tips

i wouldnt need anythign else would? the total cost its £75 ($115) and £5 ($7.67) delivery is that a good price for a complete setup?

thanks again liz

I think it is for a beginner.. Just remember, that in the hookah world, you really do get what you pay for. If I were you, I'd watch some reviews on Soex and see what you think. I've had it before and it's definitely on my list of never smoking again. lol But, yes, it's a good price. The only thing is, is that you'll outgrow that stuff fast, so be ready for it!.

Guest wolfgang959

ok ive been having a think n i was wundering do i really need a hookah this big 88cm or should i got for a slightly small one? how does the length effect the experience and ive just realised that the website i was looking at doesnt stock tobacco shisha only like the herbal ones :(

ive just been having a think n i was wondering if i would be able to mix ordinary tobacco into the shisha mix would that work so i would get a kick from it?

No, you shouldn't mix herbal shisha with tobacco shisha.

And, the size of the hookah doesn't have much to do with the quality.. If you plan on having a lot of friends around it at once, then you may want a smaller one so it doesn't get knocked over frequently.

Guest wolfgang959

nah i dont mean mixing the herbal stuff with the tobacco stuff its just i cant seem to find any tobacco shisha in the uk i was on about like normal tobacco like gold leaf or sommit, ahh right ok so its more of a decorative thing than a how it work type thing then lols if that makes sense. thanks