Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

caffeine

Newbie here

Hi all,

I enjoy hookahs and decided to buy one. I know next to nothing and wanted some advice.

I'm looking at the "Magdy Zidan Sirius III - Medium Three Hose Hookah". Is this a good starter hookah? I picked it based on the fact that I want three hoses and I liked the way it looks. Not a very informed decision, I know. Any advice by more experienced people?

I've heard that having multiple hoses reduces the quality of the draw. Are there multiple hose hookahs that are better than others for that? Maybe they're designed to provide a better experience for multiple people?

And, I assume, if there's only one or two smokers, there's some kind of cap that can turn a three hose hookah into a one or two hose hookah?

Also, what kinds of accessories should me, as a beginner, be thinking of getting? I'll be smoking in doors; the wind cover sounds like a good idea to minimize flying ash.

Thanks for any thoughts!

First off, welcome to Buy Hookah!

As far as the brand of hookah MZ is a great choice! There's only one brand I'd really recommend more than MZ and that's Khalil Mamoon. They're top of the line, and their price doesn't show that. (Thankfully!)

Now, as far as the problem with the three hose hookah, you can't smoke the hookah if you don't have three people or these Hose Connector Plugs. They're a good investment for anyone looking to buy a multi-hose hookah.

As far as accessories, I have the perfect thread for you to read! :)Everything you need to know about buying, setting up, and smoking a hookah! Give it a quick read, it'll let you know what all you should buy in order to have a safe, enjoyable hookah session in your own home! The thread is a work in progress, and isn't completely finished. (I'm not sure it'll ever exactly be completely finished.) Though, if you do have any questions please feel free to ask me, or anyone for that matter.

I'm usually on the Live chat (Help desk) throughout the day and into some of the night..

Liz, thank you! And an awesome thread to read! Thank you! I still need to get the plugs and charcoal holder. Can't wait to start!!!

One last question, if you don't mind. What makes the KM better than the MZ?

Honestly, I've owned both. I favored my KM because it seemed to me that the KM pulled better, and just felt sturdier than my MZ. That's the main reason. Don't get me wrong though, MZ's are great hookahs!