Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nima

Starbuzz Tobacco Flavors Reviews

Good, then I won't try the plum lol. At least not buy a tin of it. I may give it a try at the hookah bar.

If you like mint, try the Wild Mint or Social Smoke.

If you like a dark, dried fruity flavor, passion kiss is good.

There was also an apple flavor I don't remember the name of at the moment that was one of the best apples I've ever had. It was definitely tied with triple apple from fantasia, my current favorite apple.

Guest kalutika
Yeah, I was up waiting for the direct deposit to go through at 2AM today so I could make the order.

Is it bad that ALL of our shisha orders are big enough to net us free Mya acrylics?

-Andrew

Lol. I think you should set up a contest for a mya acrylic then lol. Also you should tell me what the hell you do for work that 100+ is you average tobacco order.

Lol. I think you should set up a contest for a mya acrylic then lol. Also you should tell me what the hell you do for work that 100+ is you average tobacco order.

its not just all tobacco...but a lot of it is...Andrew had to buy a new set of grommets for his Mya (Cuz he's using mine right now...) and he put in orders for large quantities of certain flavors (Romman Rose and Mint in particular). Beyond that, Al-Fakher Golden only comes in 250g quantities, Starbuzz only comes in 100g, Tangiers only comes in 250g, and we needed more CoCoNaras.

so that's why...lol

and we'll see about the mini mya contest. I'll likely be getting a free mini mya as well this summer when I get a KM Al Bakr (When I start getting paid that is...)

-Eric

PS Andrew is exaggerating like a mo-fo again. This is the first time our shisha order has ever gotten us a free hookah...he's full of it.

Guest kalutika
its not just all tobacco...but a lot of it is...Andrew had to buy a new set of grommets for his Mya (Cuz he's using mine right now...) and he put in orders for large quantities of certain flavors (Romman Rose and Mint in particular). Beyond that, Al-Fakher Golden only comes in 250g quantities, Starbuzz only comes in 100g, Tangiers only comes in 250g, and we needed more CoCoNaras.

so that's why...lol

and we'll see about the mini mya contest. I'll likely be getting a free mini mya as well this summer when I get a KM Al Bakr (When I start getting paid that is...)

-Eric

PS Andrew is exaggerating like a mo-fo again. This is the first time our shisha order has ever gotten us a free hookah...he's full of it.

Lol that makes sense. I figured it was not all tobacco but i also decided that it would ruin the joke if I went accurately and analyzed what your orders could possibly consist of.

Lol that makes sense. I figured it was not all tobacco but i also decided that it would ruin the joke if I went accurately and analyzed what your orders could possibly consist of.

I am also a buzzkill. :)

-Eric

Brand/Flavor:

Starbuzz X on the Beach

Methodology:

-34 hits/person over 50-55 minutes

-3 individuals in the circle

First Impressions:

Bright red, soaked through with molasses. Looks almost like jelly, but this seems to be typical for Starbuzz. Smells very fruity, coconut and peach being most prominent.

Post Mortem:

Almost completely cooked, only a very small amount of color or moisture left.

Pros:

-Thick smoke

-Moderate buzz

-Strong, fruity flavor

Cons:

-Dyed a deep, monkey-butt red

-Vaguely artificial flavor

Andrew's Thoughts:

I was skeptical coming into this review, as our first experience with Starbuzz didn't exactly live up to the incredible amount of hype surrounding it. However, as X on the Beach is one of their most popular flavors (unlike Plum), I was ready to give this stuff a shot at surprising me.

While the smoke itself wasn't anything supernatural, it was certainly capable of producing large clouds consistently, which isn't nothing. It was also largely smooth, and I had no real issues smoking it for the duration of the bowl. The flavor, however, was not perfect: while I did enjoy the taste to a certain extent, I was felt it was vaguely plasticky and artificial, as though the entire experience was manufactured in a lab somewhere. My paranoia aside, it tasted strongly of peach, pineapple and coconut, and once I was able to settle into the session, I had quite a good time. So while I won't say this is something everyone should go out and grab, I will admit there is something to all those excitedly misspelled forum posts (just kidding internets, you know I love you).

Eric's Thoughts:

This flavor, of all the flavors we've had recommended to us, has probably been suggested the most. So I was rather looking forward to this. But the entire time, there was that little thought in the back of my mind "What if they're all wrong?" Now please don't misunderstand me. Again, it has to do with how I typically respond to hype. And it certainly wouldn't be the first time the internet has lied to me. But luckily this time, there wasn't much for me to criticize. The Starbuzz X on the Beach, while still sporting its unnatural red color, smelled incredible. And it tasted just as great. The flavors can only be described as coming in layers, each leading to the next, typically coconut to pineapple to peach. Now whether this phenomenon is my own inability to mentally combine the flavors together, or if this is actually a strangely partitioned flavoring is probably for you to judge for yourself. Suffice it to say, this shisha had an amazing flavor and great smoke and I will more likely than not be buying it again.

Peanut Gallery:

(Caroline) Decent stuff–nice and fruity, but not too sweet. Very coconut-y.

Conclusion:

Solid smoking, highly recommended for anyone who already enjoys Starbuzz shisha. If you're new to the stuff, probably not a bad place to start, as it seems everyone but Andrew (read: the pretentious twat) thinks this stuff is fantastic.

B+

Guest roka_zulu

lmao.

if i liked coconut even remotely, i might have been persuaded by this review to go out and buy it.

but i hate it,

so i probably won't.

Guest Genie

I didn't see a specific post for Starbuzz reviews.

These will be brief.

Starbuzz Passion Kiss

This was given to me by Gary at Cafe Latino in San Antonio. He'd take a bit out of it, but it was mostly all there out of a 100 gram tin.

It smelled fantastic out of the tin, can't describe it well. Very sweet with a bite I don't recognize. NICE. It smelled promising. But had nearly zero flavor and was very disappointed. Won't ever spend money on it ever.

Starbuzz Margarita

This stuff made me so sick. I've never gotten sick from a shisha. I've gotten light headed, even giddy. Sometimes quite sleepy. But never sick. I didn't finish the bowl, in fact, I had to go straight to bed because I felt so sick. Nauseated mostly. It did smell something like margarita out of the jar. Kind of moist and fluffy in texture, really easy to pack. Taste? Blech. I didn't like it the tiniest bit. I got so sick, I can't even really tell you what it tasted like except that I remember it was unpleasant.

All this being said about the Margarita, I've read good reviews on it and never read where someone got sick from it. But I'll NEVER attempt it again.

How'd I miss that??? Sorry. Can you move my SB thread over to it?

lol well I personally can't...but as I'm replying to your posts in the SB thread...I guess some magical mod did it.

Guest Genie
lol well I personally can't...but as I'm replying to your posts in the SB thread...I guess some magical mod did it.

I love magic.

Guest Deadlegend

starbuzz is just too expensive for my taste. 100 grams for 15 bucks plus tax? Id rather get 150 grams of fantasia

starbuzz is just too expensive for my taste. 100 grams for 15 bucks plus tax? Id rather get 150 grams of fantasia

This really isn't the discussion thread, if you want to talk about starbuzz in a non review way, then please create a thread.. On the other hand, fantasia is just as expensive.. Here in FL, a 100gm of starbuzz is $19.99 and a 100gm of Fantasia is $24.99.. If you would like me to start a new thread out of your post, PM me and I will do so. Thank you.

Guest Deadlegend

i think you must be mistaken.

Either that or your getting ripped off.

Here fantasia comes in 50 gram boxes for 5 bucks, so 100 grams would be 10 bucks.

and 100 gram jar of fantasia is 15 bucks.

But anyways thats the last ill say, since this isnt a discussion thread

Guest sfhookah

So I recently tried the new "Code 69" flavor of hookah tobacco from Starbuzz, and it tasted great!

First off, Starbuzz is a great hookah tobacco to purchase because of how it comes packaged - the bags, metal tin, etc.

Also, every time I purchase Starbuzz, I get the dampest tobacco, smelling good all the time.

As for Code 69...

This is a very sweet flavor, almost like a gummy candy flavor. Me and a few others will agree that this tastes almost like the Coca Cola bottle gummy candies, as well as Swedish Fish!

Lasted for a while, still have some left, and can't wait to smoke this again - great buy!

Guest MrMister

Code 69 and X on the Beach are my wife's two favorite Starbuzz flavors, I'll say that X on the Beach is one of the more complex flavors I've tried and the flavor is RIGHT on point.

Guest aria464

Hi everyone,

I recently ordered 3 flavors with the 3 Starbuzz bunde. The three flavors were Jasmine, Margarita and Passion Kiss.

My favorite out of the 3 was Margarita.

Margarita had a cool mixture of summer flavors. If you have ever smoked lemon and thought "hey this doesn't really taste like lemon", margarita sort of had a lemon-ish back taste. It was refreshing and cool. It is a very good tobacco to be mixed and experimented with other flavors. Adding a little bit of strawberry or orange/mint definitely made it very unique. Might also be a flavor that girls like.

Jasmine was a flavor I had tried with Al-Fakhr and I wasn't too happy with it, so I thought I would give it a try with Starbuzz and it was definitely better then the Al-Fakhr but it's not a fruity taste. Not everyone might like it because its comparable to maybe Double Apple (more of a heavy taste). Adding it with mint made it smoother so I feel like this is a flavor that is good when mixed with something like either mint or lemon.

Passion Kiss I had tried before and it was a different taste. Seems like a classic that everyone will like (sort of Blue Mist). Its not going to be the all-time favorite but if your not the experimental type, this I think is a flavor that everyone will like.

Hope this helps anyone who's looking for new flavors to try.

starbuzz pirates cave

set up:

medium narg hookah

sahara vortex bowl

al fakher natural coals

nammor hose

smell & taste:

just like sour gummie worms or gummie bears

taste close to the smell. aka jonny depps @$$ (pirates cave ... get it?) lol jk.

though loses taste fairly quick. still enjoyable though. can taste on inhale and exhale .

Smoke:

typically starbuzz thickness. so good thick smoke

notes:

a little heat temperamental compared to other starbuzz flavors. all in all it was a good shisha not my favorite from starbuzz but definitely not my most hated.

RECOMMENDED

rating:

7-7.5/10

starbuzz fuzzy navel

duration 1 hour

set up:

QT hookah (ice in base)

vortex bowl

golden coals

nammor hose

smell taste:

dead on to the drink so its really sweet. strong smell and taste. really enjoyable

good taste on inhale and exhale

smoke:

great thick smoke awesome for tricks

notes:

favorite starbuzz flavor yet

VERY RECOMMENDED

rating:

9/10

starbuzz wintergreen

Hookah:qt

Bowl: vortex

Screen/Foil: foil

Hose: nammor

Coals: GC

Base Liquid: water

Appearance: typical starbuzz

Smell: just like winterfresh gum

Taste: not as astrong as the smell very mellow

Smoke: good smoke

Buzz: decent buzz

Duration: 1- 1.25 hours

Overall: 8/10

the smell is so strong it will make dogs run no lie! every dog that smelled it ran away . the strong smell coupled with dogs finely honed smell is painful to them. odd fact

Hookah:qt

Bowl: votex

Screen/Foil: foil

Hose: nammor

Coals: GC

Base Liquid: water

Appearance: green

Smell: not like a sour apple

Taste: not pleasant "kinda mossy"

Smoke: typical smoke

Buzz: decent buzz

Duration: 45 mins