Nima

How to make shisha tobacco at home

Question

320 answers to this question

I'll need to try this. I've heard that honey is awesome before so I will definitely try that.

I've got a bunch of cigars that have dried out. I definitely want to give this a shot with those. maybe some of my Drew estate blue acids will yield something like the starbuzz acid series.

You guys should try it and let us know how it all went

I haven't tried it myself yet but I might if i find a free weekend

I've been wanting to try this too. There was a good thread on hookah pro the other day where someone made their own with those lorann flavorings and it was really helpful. I'll find it later and share it here. I'm on my phone right now so I don't feel like finding it lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I've been wanting to try this too. There was a good thread on hookah pro the other day where someone made their own with those lorann flavorings and it was really helpful. I'll find it later and share it here. I'm on my phone right now so I don't feel like finding it lol

Yea, definitely feel free to share good links from other forums :)

I found them. There are 2 threads actually.

This one is someone's success story on making some apricot shisha with the lorann flavorings - My homemade shisha! - Hookah Pro - Forum

And this is the recipe that they re-hashed to make their batch - TAP's ten step small batch tombel method - Hookah Pro - Forum

Maybe with this combined with Pauls video it will make it even easier for you guys to try this out. I know I can't wait to, just need to get myself some good tobacco first, and try and decide on a flavor haha

So has anyone tried this yet? I really want to do it, but I’m crazy and for some reason want to actually grown a tobacco plant and harvest and dry the leaves before making it. My dad’s side of the family comes from KY so maybe it is in my blood. I guess I should try a small batch first.

I would try it with some pre processed leaves a few times first so you can get the hang of it, and then maybe grow your own plant haha That way it's not two whole new projects at once.

Once I prepared some with cut up spearmint leaves. The smoke was a little thin but it tasted amazingly

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app

That would be really refreshing! How strong was the minty-ness?

Very very strong. They were freshly picked leaves since I have spearmint plants growing in my back yard

I could have used some of that when I was sick last week lol clear out the sinuses

I always try to keep some Nakhla Mizo Mint on hand if my sinuses get all nasty

My boyfriend has bad sinuses and he likes to use mint to clear them out

Sent from my C5155 using Hookah.org mobile app

Great idea! I wondered about mixing mint leaves with the tobacco.

Sent from my N9810 using Hookah.org mobile app

It sounds like it would work the same but you might have to put some kind of syrup on it so it will burn well

I picked up some vegetable glycerin for $2. That plus a little honey or molasses and you are set

Gah… I frustrate myself. While trying to find flavorings I liked I somehow got to looking up making your own extracts. Everyone knows you soak vanilla beans in vodka and you get vanilla extract, but we don’t want alcohol for this. So you can also soak the beans, herbs (mint, lemon balm, etc), or fruit in vegetable glycerin to extract the flavor. Now we are on to something! But the recipes don’t call for much glycerin. Then I find how that you can make flavored honey! Ideas, ideas, ideas.

Haha you are in way over your head!

I have a feeling when I pull the trigger it would have been cheaper just to buy the tobacco. But hey it's like wine making it may cost more but as long as it makes as good of a product or a superior product that's okay.

I feel the same way when I make mead. It may cost a bit but it tastes delicious

I have a feeling when I pull the trigger it would have been cheaper just to buy the tobacco. But hey it's like wine making it may cost more but as long as it makes as good of a product or a superior product that's okay.

Plus you get that good feeling of "hey I created this, with my own hands!" lol

My friend is definitly pushing for us to do this. How bad do you guys think the tobacco will smell when you're boiling it? I'm renting a house currently and I dont want it to get stuck inside.

Probably not that bad, if you have a range hood just turn the fan on and it should be fine.

Okay, pulled the trigger. I have 2 pounds of tobacco ordered, 6 flavorings (chocolate, hazelnut, coffee, orange, coconut, and pineapple), honey, and glycerin. So looks like next weekend I will have everything ready to try.