Nima

How to make shisha tobacco at home

Question

yea i think i will probably stick with a honey binder as the molasses i have is just soo strong. My gut feeling is that im just going to waste the leaf by using it. honey will have a much a lighter flavour.

Did you try it? how did it come out? make sure to share some pictures with us.

ok, i have made it. woow the process is long and i will put the pics and info up shortly, but i have a question. after I backed it in the oven, it still seems a bit wet from the washing even thought I took out all the water I could. What shall i do to dry it more because I dont think it is going to burn like this. I ended up using honey.

• Like 1

ok, i have made it. woow the process is long and i will put the pics and info up shortly, but i have a question. after I backed it in the oven, it still seems a bit wet from the washing even thought I took out all the water I could. What shall i do to dry it more because I dont think it is going to burn like this. I ended up using honey.

yes when you pull it out of the oven there's a lot of warm juice around it. What I end up doing is I pack all the shisha very tight in a corner of the container so that it absorbs all the juices back into the tobacco, and depending how wet it is, I leave it overnight uncovered on the counter. It is a very long process but well worth the time. 

Hello guys, 

I read here, about a vac sealing for improve the flavoring of tabacco, 

And need to know about how you guys are cooking the tabacco with honney, in a pan, in middle fire? About how time?

I  have bought a TPA flavor key lime, VG USP, bee honey, virginia tabaco (best class) and this vac to start the cooking of my shisha tabacco. 

I will cook the first pack and post here to share with you guys. 

Thanks! 
  • Like 1

Hello guys, 

I read here, about a vac sealing for improve the flavoring of tabacco, 

And need to know about how you guys are cooking the tabacco with honney, in a pan, in middle fire? About how time?

I  have bought a TPA flavor key lime, VG USP, bee honey, virginia tabaco (best class) and this vac to start the cooking of my shisha tabacco. 

I will cook the first pack and post here to share with you guys. 

Thanks! 

That's a pretty cool vac. last time I made my star anise flavor I used my regular food saver to seal the tobacco for two days. This is the one I use: http://www.foodsaver.com/vacuum-sealers/the-foodsaver-v2450-vacuum-sealer/FSFSSL2450-DTC.html#prefn1=fsvFinish&prefv1=white&start=7 

but the one you posted will work as well. 

We cook the tobacco in the oven and we used as a guideline the detailed instructions from Paul on this section of the forum: http://www.hookah.org/how-to-make-homemade-shisha-tobacco/

After cooking it in the oven I vac sealed the tobacco and left it there for two days. The flavor was amazing and ALL the juice got sucked into the tobacco.

What I can say is to play around with different measurements and styles because I tweaked the way i make mine from what Paul does on the video. I add a lot more flavor and use the vac seal to make sure the juices are absorbed in the tobacco. I also leave the tobacco in a container and open on the kitchen counter over night so that it acclimates the flavor a bit better. However that's MY particular style to get the best flavor and smoke out of the shisha I make at home. We've had some good results from people that have tried it on here, so I would suggest you check the links I've posted and read through the process that everybody has gone through.

I can't wait to see how yours come out and looking forward to checking out your pictures. 

That's a pretty cool vac. last time I made my star anise flavor I used my regular food saver to seal the tobacco for two days. This is the one I use: http://www.foodsaver.com/vacuum-sealers/the-foodsaver-v2450-vacuum-sealer/FSFSSL2450-DTC.html#prefn1=fsvFinish&prefv1=white&start=7 

but the one you posted will work as well. 

We cook the tobacco in the oven and we used as a guideline the detailed instructions from Paul on this section of the forum: http://www.hookah.org/how-to-make-homemade-shisha-tobacco/

After cooking it in the oven I vac sealed the tobacco and left it there for two days. The flavor was amazing and ALL the juice got sucked into the tobacco.

What I can say is to play around with different measurements and styles because I tweaked the way i make mine from what Paul does on the video. I add a lot more flavor and use the vac seal to make sure the juices are absorbed in the tobacco. I also leave the tobacco in a container and open on the kitchen counter over night so that it acclimates the flavor a bit better. However that's MY particular style to get the best flavor and smoke out of the shisha I make at home. We've had some good results from people that have tried it on here, so I would suggest you check the links I've posted and read through the process that everybody has gone through.

I can't wait to see how yours come out and looking forward to checking out your pictures. 

Yes, I will try many times... I have about 3KG of tabacco to test. 

I have another question: you put the tabacco plus honey to cook and after in the vac? 

Or tabacco, honey and glicerin? 

Thanks!
  • Like 1

Yes, I will try many times... I have about 3KG of tabacco to test. 

I have another question: you put the tabacco plus honey to cook and after in the vac? 

Or tabacco, honey and glicerin? 

Thanks!

My steps are: 

1. cook tobacco with honey/molasses AND flavoring together. 

2. let it cool and the add glycerin. You don't want to cook it with the glycerin added already.

3. vac seal the pouch and just let it sit for two days. 

4. open and let it sit for a while before lightning up the first testing round :) 

• Like 1

My steps are: 

1. cook tobacco with honey/molasses AND flavoring together. 

2. let it cool and the add glycerin. You don't want to cook it with the glycerin added already.

3. vac seal the pouch and just let it sit for two days. 

4. open and let it sit for a while before lightning up the first testing round :)

But cooking tobacco with the flavors, the flavor doesn't go away? because the high temperature don't do the flavor evaporate?
This my doubt.
The taste of shisha after finish the process is like a industrial like al fakher, mizo, mazaya? 

The smoke is very deep? or weak?

Thanks about the advices... This weekend my vac sealer arrive, and I will try many recipe. 

I will post the photos and steps to you guys. 

A hug!
  • Like 1

But cooking tobacco with the flavors, the flavor doesn't go away? because the high temperature don't do the flavor evaporate?
This my doubt.
The taste of shisha after finish the process is like a industrial like al fakher, mizo, mazaya? 

The smoke is very deep? or weak?

Thanks about the advices... This weekend my vac sealer arrive, and I will try many recipe. 

I will post the photos and steps to you guys. 

A hug!

I haven't found that to be the case, but I usually end up adding more flavor and more glycerin after the fact because I found that too much glycerin can over power the actual taste of the shisha. 

• Like 1

I haven't found that to be the case, but I usually end up adding more flavor and more glycerin after the fact because I found that too much glycerin can over power the actual taste of the shisha. 

I read in other forum about vapers, the glicerin can get the taste after some days... About 20 days they spoke. 

I will try cook tobacco only with honey, and with honey and flavor to test. 

And I will do the test about glycerin to. but in a vac seal. 

And post the results here. 

Have a photo of the smoke?
  • Like 1

I read in other forum about vapers, the glicerin can get the taste after some days... About 20 days they spoke. 

I will try cook tobacco only with honey, and with honey and flavor to test. 

And I will do the test about glycerin to. but in a vac seal. 

And post the results here. 

Have a photo of the smoke?

yes I do. let me see if I can find it hold on because I believe I posted it here as well. give me a sec.......

yes I do. let me see if I can find it hold on because I believe I posted it here as well. give me a sec.......

Don't worry man, do it in your time.

• Like 1

This is the best one I found. When I was testing it out I had the fan on because I usually smoke in the office with the window open and the fan on to get the smoke out and totally forgot to turn off the fan. 

post-9346-0-65249800-1426792121_thumb.jp

Don't worry man, do it in your time.

By the way, tonight I'm smoking a bowl of the homemade shisha I made with anise flavor. check it out. This one is a few months old so it's a bit dryer now than it was before, but it still smokes great and the clouds were more than huge. 

post-9346-0-18112600-1426824782_thumb.jp

By the way, tonight I'm smoking a bowl of the homemade shisha I made with anise flavor. check it out. This one is a few months old so it's a bit dryer now than it was before, but it still smokes great and the clouds were more than huge. 

attachicon.gifIMG_6887.JPG

Perfect, it is a good smoke! 

with the fan turn off become better i guess.

This weekend my vac selaer and TPA flavor arrive and I will make shisha tobacco. 
  • Like 1

by the way how is the measure you guys have use of honey, tobacco and flavors to cook, and finally glycerin how much? 

If I use 100g of dry tobacco use 33g of honey? and 33g of glycerin?

Thanks.
  • Like 1

Perfect, it is a good smoke! 

with the fan turn off become better i guess.

This weekend my vac selaer and TPA flavor arrive and I will make shisha tobacco. 

I thought I wrote it down but I can't find my notes. I believe I used 6 tablespoons of flavor and 6 tablespoons of glycerin on roughly 200 grams of wet tobacco. 

Make this today. 4f1a19309a06d4541ef726d6beef8c54.jpg

that looks awesome!!!! what flavors did you use? 

I thought I wrote it down but I can't find my notes. I believe I used 6 tablespoons of flavor and 6 tablespoons of glycerin on roughly 200 grams of wet tobacco. 

Ok I have used, 25grams of dry tobacco, 20, 25, 30, 35 grams of honey, in each sample, and 25grams of gliceryn. and 3 ML of oil flavor used to cooking cakes etc.... 

that looks awesome!!!! what flavors did you use? 

I have used this http://www.mix.ind.br/but is not good... The taste is not good... the smoke is good... Any tip?

I will try with dry tobacco... and other flavor... 

• Like 1

Ok I have used, 25grams of dry tobacco, 20, 25, 30, 35 grams of honey, in each sample, and 25grams of gliceryn. and 3 ML of oil flavor used to cooking cakes etc.... 

I have used this http://www.mix.ind.br/but is not good... The taste is not good... the smoke is good... Any tip?

I will try with dry tobacco... and other flavor... 

At very first the smoke is not going to taste as good as you expect it to. I know you want to smoke it right away but let it rest at least 3 days, even better if you let it rest for at least a week. I found that the tobacco smokes much better when I smoke it after a week of letting the flavors settle in the tobacco. 

• Like 2

At very first the smoke is not going to taste as good as you expect it to. I know you want to smoke it right away but let it rest at least 3 days, even better if you let it rest for at least a week. I found that the tobacco smokes much better when I smoke it after a week of letting the flavors settle in the tobacco. 

Yes, it is frustrating, but I think my flavor is not good enough to make shisha tobacco. 

Today I received a The Apprentice perfume, and I will try, i talk with my dad and he says to me, that a tobacco industry don't wash the tobacco into water, but in a high pressure vapor water. To don't lose the humidity percentage achieved in the process of drying of tobacco. 

I will try with no washing... i guess that come like a tangiers, a strong tobacco flavor with the flavor... 

Tonight I will do a new quantity of shisha tobacco, and let you guys know... 

by the way you have Skype to us talk?

a big hug!
  • Like 1

Yes, it is frustrating, but I think my flavor is not good enough to make shisha tobacco. 

Today I received a The Apprentice perfume, and I will try, i talk with my dad and he says to me, that a tobacco industry don't wash the tobacco into water, but in a high pressure vapor water. To don't lose the humidity percentage achieved in the process of drying of tobacco. 

I will try with no washing... i guess that come like a tangiers, a strong tobacco flavor with the flavor... 

Tonight I will do a new quantity of shisha tobacco, and let you guys know... 

by the way you have Skype to us talk?

a big hug!

I do have skype I think my screen name is dd072370, but I hardly use Skype to chat. 

• Like 1

hello,

make other revenue, totally different of the other, Boil the the tobacco for 5 minutes, dry it with hands, put in low fire, add the honey, the flavor and when it is frying add glycerin. 

This is the best result until now. 

The taste is very very weak, but I smoked it in the next day, less of 24H of rest. 

I think it is great with some days of rest. 

The clouds is very dense. 

I love it. 

Thanks for advice! 

post-9892-0-28092100-1427736109_thumb.jp

• Like 1

hello,

make other revenue, totally different of the other, Boil the the tobacco for 5 minutes, dry it with hands, put in low fire, add the honey, the flavor and when it is frying add glycerin. 

This is the best result until now. 

The taste is very very weak, but I smoked it in the next day, less of 24H of rest. 

I think it is great with some days of rest. 

The clouds is very dense. 

I love it. 

Thanks for advice! 

Nice clouds. I'll have to try the way you did it, but I like my flavor strong so I'll probably add half a bottle of juice. I was thinking of making a new cherry batch tomorrow, and I will have to try it your way. 

• Like 1