Nima

How to make shisha tobacco at home

Question

Good luck hope it ends up delicious. Let us know how it turns out

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app

All of us that have been talking about it need to do it. Then we can compare and contrast how different recipes work.

When I get time I'll try it but I'm super busy currently. Let me know if its really stinky

Sent from my C5155 using Hookah.org mobile app

I don’t think we are planning to boil it. I know we are going to make it several different ways to see which we like better (hence the 2 lbs) but I bought good quality tobacco leaves so I think we will just be rinsing in cold water twice, kind of like the video. But then we like Tangiers which is an unwashed tobacco.

I wouldn't wash it. I prefer unwashed tobacco

Going to try it several ways. Just a quick rinse to get all the dirt and grime off, soaking in cold water, rinsing in hot water, and some ways in between just to see what turns out to be a better product that is liked by both us and our friends.

A bit and there is less nicotine.

Can't wait to see/hear how yours turns out! I need to find a good whole leaf tobacco supplier here in Canada before I can try. Are you using Lorann flavorings??

I got my leaves from leafonly.com I think they sell to Canada as well you may want to check they said something about since it's a whole product it's actually agricultural so maybe you won't have to pay those high taxes and import fees.

I got my flavorings from Bakto Flavors we played around with Lorann for our wine making and never really liked the flavors we got from it.

Sent from my N9810 using Hookah.org mobile app

I will check that out then, thanks! I'm sure shipping is super expensive though so I'll still probably find somewhere here. Thankfully, that should be easy to find, it's just hookah tobacco that is impossible.

Never heard of those flavorings before, I've just heard so many good things about Lorann from other people who made their own shisha and use it for baking and stuff. I'll take a look at Bakto too then =)

Tobacco came in today. Holy Crap 2 lbs of dried tobacco is a lot!

Still waiting on the flavorings to arrive. First we are going to make several different batches playing with how we wash the tobacco. Once we figure out what we like then we will play more with flavors. I did order chocolate, hazelnut, coffee, pineapple, coconut, and orange. So I'll make one of each and then start combining them.

Okay, pulled the trigger. I have 2 pounds of tobacco ordered, 6 flavorings (chocolate, hazelnut, coffee, orange, coconut, and pineapple), honey, and glycerin. So looks like next weekend I will have everything ready to try.

Thanks for sharing the info in where to get them. I was looking at the amazingly large variety and now i don't know what leaves i want to order. Lol

I ended up ordering the VA Floo Cured Scraps. I got 2 lbs, and oh myyyy is that a lot of tobacco. Looks and smells good though.

I ended up ordering the VA Floo Cured Scraps. I got 2 lbs, and oh myyyy is that a lot of tobacco. Looks and smells good though.

wow. Yeah I'm definitely going to do it, but maybe I'll just order pound. :)

I have the tobacco in the oven right now. I did four different batches one just rent one with cold water one with boiling water and one I soaked and tart cherry juice.

I have the tobacco in the oven right now. I did four different batches one just rent one with cold water one with boiling water and one I soaked and tart cherry juice.

Oh Nice! Cherry is one of my favorite flavors.

Do u think soaking tobacco in marachino cherry juice would work? Like the actual juice.

Sent from my C5155 using Hookah.org mobile app