Nima

How to make shisha tobacco at home

Question

Ok, so this morning I tried the root beer again. Clouds were better, but still no major flavor, you can smell the root beer when I mix it up, but cant taste it as im smoking it. I could add more extract, but my god this stuff is extremely wet as it is now. Any suggestions people.

• Like 1

Ok, so this morning I tried the root beer again. Clouds were better, but still no major flavor, you can smell the root beer when I mix it up, but cant taste it as im smoking it. I could add more extract, but my god this stuff is extremely wet as it is now. Any suggestions people.

if it's that wet I will suggest that you leave it out in the open in an open container mixing it every few hours. I did that with my banana batch when it was super wet like the cherry batch. So I just leave it out uncovered for about a day. 

how long did you let it sit before you tried it? 

if it's that wet I will suggest that you leave it out in the open in an open container mixing it every few hours. I did that with my banana batch when it was super wet like the cherry batch. So I just leave it out uncovered for about a day.

how long did you let it sit before you tried it?

I let it sit from early Saturday morning till sunday morning the first try,and from Sunday till yesterday morning this go around, but the issue I have is it not having any flavor it seems like.

• Like 1

I let it sit from early Saturday morning till sunday morning the first try,and from Sunday till yesterday morning this go around, but the issue I have is it not having any flavor it seems like.

ummmm, it should have a very good flavor by now. I wonder if it has to do with the brand of the extract. I'm sure we will do better with Loraen's extract instead of the regular ones we pick up a the store. I know that on my first batch I had to add extra flavors the first time I tried it, and I did the same with the banana one as well. I mixed it and will try it again tomorrow. 

How many times did you wash it? my second batch I washed it about 6 times until the water was running out very very light brown. That seemed to help with the flavoring as well. 

I'm thinking that maybe we have to use less honey/molasses and more flavoring so it doesn't come out as wet. 

I only washed mine twice, I dont mind the tobacco flavor as much as some. Currently I have the container unsealed and resting on the window sill, lets see what happens

• Like 1

I only washed mine twice, I dont mind the tobacco flavor as much as some. Currently I have the container unsealed and resting on the window sill, lets see what happens

The banana batch I washed about 6 times because I knew that honey was not as strong as molasses and I didn't want the tobacco tastes too much in this one.

I hope the wait make it taste better.

Oh and the drams of loranns flavors are only .125 of an ounce

oh wow that's not much is it. I ended up using an ounce and a half of banana extract but it tastes more of banana bread than the actual fruit. I guess the type of tobacco used makes a huge difference in how it all comes out.

So this morning I smoked some of my root beer barrel( that what im calling it) the flavor is gett there, but the clouds are very weak. I added a little nor extract and glycerin, bot I have to wait till tomorrow evening

• Like 1

So this morning I smoked some of my root beer barrel( that what im calling it) the flavor is gett there, but the clouds are very weak. I added a little nor extract and glycerin, bot I have to wait till tomorrow evening

That's the thing with making your own hookah tobacco, you have to keep tinkering with the extract and glycerin until you get it just right. Then the waiting for days kills you with anticipation. 

So did it get better? 

So did it get better?

Haven't smoked any since the othwr morning due to coal shortage, but I will after work. Around 7 am

• Like 1

Haven't smoked any since the othwr morning due to coal shortage, but I will after work. Around 7 am

ahhhhh

I added a couple more drops of glycerin to my banana batch 2 days ago and I'm going to take it for a test drive tomorrow.... 

Well another batch is in the oven as we speak, this is gonna be blueberry

That sounds amazing!!!! I would put vanilla in there as well to see if I could make it taste like a blueberry muffin LOL 

right now I'm having a bowl of cinnamon and banana but I might have a second bowl of just banana to see how it's doing after the extra glycerin. 

It's doing great in the mix right now though, but I put a lot of SS cinnamon because I like it a lot. 

Ok, so I put a lot of drams into the shisha and a cap full of our homemade vanilla, now I have to wait

Vanilla extract is very simple, just buy a bottle of cheap ass vodka, and drop vanilla beans in it, and let it sit, that's all

• Like 1

Vanilla extract is very simple, just buy a bottle of cheap ass vodka, and drop vanilla beans in it, and let it sit, that's all

sounds like a delicious way to get drunk
  • Like 2

Yeah that's simple enough, but I rather drink the vodka than making vanilla extract. :) 

• Like 1

Trust me this is the cheapest stuff you can buy, more suitable for paint removal than enjoyable consumption.

• Like 2

Trust me this is the cheapest stuff you can buy, more suitable for paint removal than enjoyable consumption.

Just how I like it. I want to feel it burn all the way down to my stomach... actually I should have a glass of it. I picked some up tonight. LOL