Nima

How to make shisha tobacco at home

Question

Just how I like it. I want to feel it burn all the way down to my stomach... actually I should have a glass of it. I picked some up tonight. LOL

you can stay away from my Jameson gold label.

• Like 1

you can stay away from my Jameson gold label.

Oh but you must share! LOL 

I got to thinking about it Doug, if it were any cheaper it couldn't be sold as drinkable alcohol, but paint thinner

Oh and I will tell you this, I used 19 drams of blueberry flavoring in the shisha, and oh yeah happy dance that batch turned out right, now just need to figure out what the companies are using for their mint flavor

• Like 1

The bottle of vanilla is currently some bowmans vodka, cheapest stuff on the shelf

The bottle I picked up is "Travelers Club" Vodka. It was $12.99, I don't think it gets cheaper than that. LOL 

post-9346-0-85474700-1414476916_thumb.jp

Oh you jersey people with your high prices, this bottle was less than 10 bucks

WHAT?! for real? damn I really have to get out of Jersey. Everything is just way too expensive over here. LOL 

Duh, its freaking jersey, the only state I know that you can enter for free but thet charge you to leave

hahahaha so very true. And don't forget about the tolls every mile on the parkway and the turnpike. :) 

Exactly, I was in Jersey 3 times once to the shore, once to play a rugby game, and once to the aquarium in Camden...the weekend before they imploded the old rca building, one of the saddest things I ever saw took place thar day

• Like 1

Exactly, I was in Jersey 3 times once to the shore, once to play a rugby game, and once to the aquarium in Camden...the weekend before they imploded the old rca building, one of the saddest things I ever saw took place thar day

The aquarium is nice, but I don't remember the RCA building. Then again I really don't pay much attention to Jersey. 

Well it was close to the aquarium, what made it sad, was there was a huge stained glass window in the tower area of the dog listening to the victrola, a fantastic piece of Americana, and it went with the building

• Like 1

Well it was close to the aquarium, what made it sad, was there was a huge stained glass window in the tower area of the dog listening to the victrola, a fantastic piece of Americana, and it went with the building

awww man, and they didn't save it? That dog is a piece of American history. all the great artist under that label... Back when it was RCA Victor. Even Elvis Presley was on that label. 

Nope, it was left in the tower, my wife and I still silently weep when we think about it, its stuff like that, that infuriates me, the loss of history that could be saved, but isnt

• Like 1

Nope, it was left in the tower, my wife and I still silently weep when we think about it, its stuff like that, that infuriates me, the loss of history that could be saved, but isnt

Damn that's so sad.... so freaking sad! Pisses me off. 

It was something to see, it had to have been at least 10' in diameter

wow... just... wow. They should have auctioned that off or something. I'm sure Sotheby's would be all over that. 

Hell I imagine that more than one museum was approached about it, bit they probably wanted to much money, not worth the cost of removing it

• Like 1

Hell I imagine that more than one museum was approached about it, bit they probably wanted to much money, not worth the cost of removing it

Did they think of selling it to the Japs or the Russians? I want to think that they. 

Making a new batch today. This one will be anise.

c3fe1ffedc86574870efb4180084b739.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I learned something about how shisha companies make their tobacco that makes it different than what you can create at home. I think they use compression to really get the flavors into the tobacco instead of just staying as juice. Hookafina uses this method with their Blak line to give it that color, its made with just tobacco and molasses(and flavoring, duh), and the tobacco takes on the color because they use high compression to basically force it into the leaves. Crazy, huh?

Anyway, I think that may be the missing ingredient that makes the homemade kinds so different and harder to get right. I dont know if you can even replicate something like that at home.

• Like 1

I think I learned something about how shisha companies make their tobacco that makes it different than what you can create at home. I think they use compression to really get the flavors into the tobacco instead of just staying as juice. Hookafina uses this method with their Blak line to give it that color, its made with just tobacco and molasses(and flavoring, duh), and the tobacco takes on the color because they use high compression to basically force it into the leaves. Crazy, huh?

Anyway, I think that may be the missing ingredient that makes the homemade kinds so different and harder to get right. I dont know if you can even replicate something like that at home.

That is really interesting. I wish there was more info out there in the process. 

So maybe if I run it in a small pressure cooker it might get that look

Not a bad idea. I don't have a pressure cooker but I'm getting one for Christmas. Not sure if my gf is going to like it if I use it for my tobacco. LOL