Nima

How to make shisha tobacco at home

Question

So maybe if I run it in a small pressure cooker it might get that look

I don't know. It was just an idea I got from a video I saw earlier about that black leaf tobacco.

• Like 1

Either pressure cool, or vacuum sealer pressure, gotta think on this one

OOOOHHHH I have one of those. I can just use a bag big enough and suck out all the air and leave it like that for a few days to really infuse the flavors... shit I might do that with the batch tonight instead of cooking it. Great idea!. 

Keep me informed

Definitely. My only question would be should I cook it before I put it on the bag or just mix the flavors and then put it in the vacuum sealed bag? What do you think? I'm still washing the tobacco because I want it really clean and with all the tobacco flavor/smell out of the way. 

I would do that, but also use a little smaller bag than you think you would need, to increase the pressure on the contents

• Like 1

You are right. I'm going to go cook it now and then I'll vacuum seal it with all the flavors in there..... I was wondering if I should boil it instead of cooking it... I better not press my luck. 

Something else to consider is the moisture content, you want to make sure you get as much of the excess water out before you vacuum it, or it will drive that in to.

• Like 1

I would try half baked and half not, and see which works

Damn I already cooking the whole batch. 

Something else to consider is the moisture content, you want to make sure you get as much of the excess water out before you vacuum it, or it will drive that in to.

yeah I thought about that as well, so I did things a bit different this time around. I made sure to drain the tobacco really well, and added half honey half molasses and NO water. I also added the flavor now and I'm cooking everything together. All I have to do is add the glycerin once is out of the oven. I hope that helps with the flavor. 

Although I do have to say that the anise smell is really strong, but not like black licorice, but like the star anise flavor that you use for candy and liquor. I also added a dash of vanilla and cinnamon. This is definitely going to be an interesting flavor. 

Nicely packed and just letting it cool a bit before I put it in the vacuum sealed bag. Without adding any water to it it's definitely not as watery.

f221c2548b82064b6171bd550e024a27.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by dd0723

So what do we have here? 100g? 150? I really need to get a weight.

dbb88f3c1ec9dafd4e1e90afcdc9f527.jpg

So what do we have here? 100g? 150? I really need to get a weight.

dbb88f3c1ec9dafd4e1e90afcdc9f527.jpg

I'd guess thats around 100g, maybe a little less.

• Like 1

Hey guys, first of all I'm new on this forum, so hi to all of you...

I wanted to ask you, can i use a tobacco that's already made for rolling in cigars?
Something like this stock-photo-tobacco-for-cigarettes-47739or it has to be  a tobacco leafs

• Like 1

I use pipe tobacco, so your good, but I would think that cigar tobacco might be quite robust in its flavor

But this tobacco is not rough at all, and by cleaning it it will get even more "lighter"... I'll keep you in touch guys

• Like 1

But this tobacco is not rough at all, and by cleaning it it will get even more "lighter"... I'll keep you in touch guys

Welcome to the Forum "Come". Any pipe tobacco will work because of the cut. You can also use tobacco that you use to roll your own cigs like Natural Spirits. Since the tobacco is going to be washed anyway, It will be easier to just get something that is already precut in the way that it's packaged. Also remember that the water will re-hydrate the tobacco so the leaves will get a bit bigger from the water. 

Its probably a burley tobacco. It will work fine

I agree as well. 

ive been making my own shisha tobacco for a few years now (and planning on starting my own company). and i have experienced so many ways . ill start by sharing my favorite way...after washing ur tobacco let it dry... when is dry mix it with fresh fuits such as oranges or straberries (ive tried lots of different flavors) and let it sit in a plastic box (metal affects the tobacco) and add some aroma to the box by pouring some marmalade and taking it out as soon as it starts smelling like the marmalade... and let it sit there for a long time then when u done doing that (usually takes a week for me cus i dont like waiting) and then bake it in an oven for 2 hrs at 160 degrees .after ten minutes of baking add half the amount of glycerin and honey u need and then after an hour add the other half every ten minutes u must open the oven, check if its not burning and mix it up a little u cant let it stay without moving it for 2 hrs . then after 1hr30mns add the fruits u used at the beginning but make sure u squeeze the juices out this time and dont add the juice to the tobacco... when u done leave it in the same box (make sure its dry but dont clean it since u still need the aroma...and leave it in the freezer for a whle the longer the better but i still wait just a week cus i really hate waiting) and make sure its not as wet as in the beginning cus otherwise it will take a lot of heat to smoke

i dont really like using flavoring extracts cus u never get exactly what u want. when i make my tobacos i know what it will smell like, taste like cus i use simple ingredients, but again it takes longer cus u have to wait for the tobacco to extract the flavor/ aroma ...(works better when the fruit is juicy but it has to dry out bfore u smoke it, baking it helps doing that) sometimes i skip the first part(adding the fruits leaving it in a box) and start doing the scnd park baking and adding the fruits right before.. if u do it this way u will get a lot more flavor since the honwy and glycerin will extract the flavor as well but ull have to wait a long time... at least a month, or two. and when its ready ull have to bake it again (then leave it a day before smoking it)

• Like 3

i sometimes dont have time to buy rolling tobacco and just use cigarrete tobacco and it works great u just need to wash it for a longer amount of time since it probly contains chemicals and such things arent healthy at aall

First, welcome to the forum, now I have a question. When you say dry out, do you mean bone dry like when we first started the washing process

• Like 1

ive been making my own shisha tobacco for a few years now (and planning on starting my own company). and i have experienced so many ways . ill start by sharing my favorite way...after washing ur tobacco let it dry... when is dry mix it with fresh fuits such as oranges or straberries (ive tried lots of different flavors) and let it sit in a plastic box (metal affects the tobacco) and add some aroma to the box by pouring some marmalade and taking it out as soon as it starts smelling like the marmalade... and let it sit there for a long time then when u done doing that (usually takes a week for me cus i dont like waiting) and then bake it in an oven for 2 hrs at 160 degrees .after ten minutes of baking add half the amount of glycerin and honey u need and then after an hour add the other half every ten minutes u must open the oven, check if its not burning and mix it up a little u cant let it stay without moving it for 2 hrs . then after 1hr30mns add the fruits u used at the beginning but make sure u squeeze the juices out this time and dont add the juice to the tobacco... when u done leave it in the same box (make sure its dry but dont clean it since u still need the aroma...and leave it in the freezer for a whle the longer the better but i still wait just a week cus i really hate waiting) and make sure its not as wet as in the beginning cus otherwise it will take a lot of heat to smoke

i dont really like using flavoring extracts cus u never get exactly what u want. when i make my tobacos i know what it will smell like, taste like cus i use simple ingredients, but again it takes longer cus u have to wait for the tobacco to extract the flavor/ aroma ...(works better when the fruit is juicy but it has to dry out bfore u smoke it, baking it helps doing that) sometimes i skip the first part(adding the fruits leaving it in a box) and start doing the scnd park baking and adding the fruits right before.. if u do it this way u will get a lot more flavor since the honwy and glycerin will extract the flavor as well but ull have to wait a long time... at least a month, or two. and when its ready ull have to bake it again (then leave it a day before smoking it)

Wow that is one intense process to make the tobacco, but I like everything that you wrote on here. I'm sure the fruits will make it taste better. 

I have a question for you. How do you store it when you have to wait a month? I only ask because when the tobacco is wet, don't you run the risk of mold growing in the tobacco? 

I am contemplating something damian, im thinking about drying it out some before I add the.molasses, I have my wood stove going, might get creative

• Like 1

I am contemplating something damian, im thinking about drying it out some before I add the.molasses, I have my wood stove going, might get creative

Oh that sounds great! just don't start a fire. 

• Like 1