Nima

How to make shisha tobacco at home

Question

My plan is then to just cut the bag, add the flavoring and glycerin, then reseal till maybe the weekend

ahhh very nice. 

But the way rhe liquid is moving about in the bag, I may have to use a different bag, as to not mess up my wifes sealer, god would she be pissed

• Like 1

But the way rhe liquid is moving about in the bag, I may have to use a different bag, as to not mess up my wifes sealer, god would she be pissed

Yeah don't do that. I got lucky that no liquid got sucked into the machine. My gf would kill me. 

Was there any difference in the moistness of the tobacco after you opened the bag, was it still as damp as the other method

• Like 1

Was there any difference in the moistness of the tobacco after you opened the bag, was it still as damp as the other method

it was wet, but it wasn't soggy like the other ones. This first bowl is actually not as heat resilient as the others where I would use 4 coals to get it going. This was more like a regular tobacco where I could have used only two coals instead of three. 

Thats actually what im hoping for, not this soggy mix, but something more akin to what we buy in the store. I also think that buy using this method we may be able to get buy with less flavor, since its not just sitting in a soup

• Like 1

So first what i do is keeping it in the freezer for an hour right after the oven (everytime so that the aroma and flavor doesnt burn/smoke away)then after that hour keep it in the freezer it helps extracting the flavor (im not sure if it does but i think it does based on my exerience) and no it doesnt have to be rock hard but nearly as dry

• Like 1

anyone planning on trying my method?

I'm patience so I wouldn't mind trying it, but I have an issue with putting it in the freezer. I always heard is not a good idea to even put it in the fridge. Doesn't that affect the consistency of the tobacco? 

Ok, so I openedthe vac bag, dumped out the tobacco, added 13 drams of coffee flavoring, half a Tsp of vanilla, and one teaspoon of cardamom, might sprinkle a little more cardamom, then reseal for a few days, here what it looks like

post-8941-1415081695442_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Ok, so I openedthe vac bag, dumped out the tobacco, added 13 drams of coffee flavoring, half a Tsp of vanilla, and one teaspoon of cardamom, might sprinkle a little more cardamom, then reseal for a few days, here what it looks like

oh nice. that actually looks good. That's going to be an amazing smoke. I think I'm going to have some Anise Bitches! when I'm done with this bowl 

• Like 1

The vacuum seal really seems to help the tobacco soak up the juices rather than just sitting in a puddle. I'm glad I found that info about compression.

We sell commercial vacuum sealers at my work so when I finally get around to this I'll be able to get a nice one and lots of bags for cheap too.

• Like 2

The vacuum seal really seems to help the tobacco soak up the juices rather than just sitting in a puddle. I'm glad I found that info about compression.

We sell commercial vacuum sealers at my work so when I finally get around to this I'll be able to get a nice one and lots of bags for cheap too.

I have one thing to say to you about that....LUCKY

• Like 1

And besides hooligan, you gave us the idea anyways, so give yourself some credit.

Edited by wvloony
  • Like 2

I have one thing to say to you about that....LUCKY

Haha yea. I can grab some bags for you guys. 100 small bags for $18 bucks plus shipping. Maybe less, I have to double check tomorrow.

• Like 1

oh nice. that actually looks good. That's going to be an amazing smoke. I think I'm going to have some Anise Bitches! when I'm done with this bowl 

I feel like you have the antithesis of Something Girlie with your flavor names.

• Like 1

Wow, are they quart size or smaller

I'm not sure about liquid size but I think they are like 6x10 at the smallest. I know the 8x10 ones are $24 for 100. I can't remember about the smaller ones. I'll check tomorrow. I can probably get a discount on that too since I'm an employee, those are just sticker prices.