Nima

How to make shisha tobacco at home

Question

Hey if this flavor turns out well im naming it after the band the squeeze it will be called turkish coffee in bed

• Like 1

And besides hooligan, you gave us the idea anyways, so give yourself some credit.

yeah I agree, Hooligan told us about the compression so we have to thank her for the idea. The last batch came out great from using the vacuum sealed bags. 

Oh and here is thw finished package for the night

oh nice size! I should have use the smaller ones we have but I didn't want to deal with changing the rolls back and forth. 

I feel like you have the antithesis of Something Girlie with your flavor names.

hahahah I don't even know why I named it that. I guess because I got excited that it worked and said something like "Yeah bitches!", so it just kinda stuck. :) 

• Like 1

I guess its time to wash more tobacco and go for root beer, only flavoring I have left to use, and besides I must try to get this right

• Like 1

Damian, I decided to back up a few steps. I washed thia batch about 6 times, light brown like the other times, but this time I have spread it on my pizza tray, im going to let it sit till probably Thursday morning before I add the honey, then I will vac bag it till Friday morning. Then I will add the flavoring and glycerin, then vac bag it again till probably sunday night.

Edited by wvloony
  • Like 1

Alex in Beijing, while I wont be.using your method as you posted it, I will take a few things from it and experiment,

• Like 1

ok cool... i have lots of other methods. and i even know how to make tabaco-less shisha .... ive been waiting a month for my orange flavor... and im finally finishing it in about an hour

• Like 1

I let this batch dry completely after the wash, I warmed the hone up, and mixed most of the flavoring in at that point. Now I wait

• Like 1

I tried a new approach to the batch this evening, I washed it earlier in the week, and let.it dry thoroughly. I used honey this time, but before I put it on the tobacco, I heated the honey in a saucepan adding the flavoring before I poured it on the tobacco. I did notice this time that the tobacco soaked it up rather nicely, its in a vacuum bag now. Its gonna be a few days before the smoke now

Edited by wvloony
  • Like 2

I just started selling my tobacco to a chinese.shisha vendor next to my house(i live in china)and they loved it bsically cus they were tired of alfakher(thts all u get in china).fcking psyched about it.. (even tho i cant smoke,nor talk for the next month because of a surgery i just had)

• Like 1

Damian, I decided to back up a few steps. I washed thia batch about 6 times, light brown like the other times, but this time I have spread it on my pizza tray, im going to let it sit till probably Thursday morning before I add the honey, then I will vac bag it till Friday morning. Then I will add the flavoring and glycerin, then vac bag it again till probably sunday night.

That's another great idea. How is it looking so far? 

Making my first homemade batch of shisha tonight, wish me luck!

Good luck and let us know how it came out. 

I tried a new approach to the batch this evening, I washed it earlier in the week, and let.it dry thoroughly. I used honey this time, but before I put it on the tobacco, I heated the honey in a saucepan adding the flavoring before I poured it on the tobacco. I did notice this time that the tobacco soaked it up rather nicely, its in a vacuum bag now. Its gonna be a few days before the smoke now

Funny that you say that because I was thinking of warming up the honey/molasses mix next batch and heat it up with the flavor to make it more liquid-y. I think I'm going to start a new Cherry batch and try it that way. 

I just started selling my tobacco to a chinese.shisha vendor next to my house(i live in china)and they loved it bsically cus they were tired of alfakher(thts all u get in china).fcking psyched about it.. (even tho i cant smoke,nor talk for the next month because of a surgery i just had)

oh that's awesome that they are buying your tobacco. Congratulations!!!! and feel better. 

Anyways... I was wondering.. How dou guys make vacuum bags out of ordiary plastic bags and a vacum cleaner(if its possible?)

Not sure if that's possible. I know there used to be an attachment for the hose in a vacuum cleaner back in the day, but I think you needed special bags for that. I'm lucky that we have a food saver in the house with multiple size bags so I can just make my own. 

I put a few drops of peppermint extract in the blueberry flop over, it was good

oh yeah? I'm going to have to try that. My Banana Bitches! is loosing it's flavor for some reason yet the Cherry and Anise are right on point and the Cherry was the first batch I tried. I wonder why. 

I dunno, I haven't even had that thought cross my mind that I could happen. I will think about it whilst im am at work tonight.

• Like 1