Nima

HookahHub.com Review

23 posts in this topic

This is the official thread is for posting a review of your experiences with HookahHub.com.

1 person likes this

sooooooo.....

Since nobody has posted anything on this thread yet, I figured I would be the first one since I have the "$50" gift certificate from the contest.

I guess I have some questions and that should start with, what the heck can i order if the gift certificate only applies to certain items? What are the restrictions? What can I order? I've been mulling over my order for the past few days and when I was going to check out, I applied the gift certificate code, however my total with shipping was $40 and change.... ummm why? The shipping was only $18.04 which by the way increases as you add more shisha. I tested this out by adding more stuff I didn't want and shipping went up to $24.

So as I started deleting some stuff out of my cart the price started going down leading me to think that there are certain restrictions to using the code. My problem is, I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to be able to use it on. So I'm guessing that tomorrow morning I'll have to get on the phone with them to clarify what exactly I can purchase with my code.  :angry:

sooooooo.....

Since nobody has posted anything on this thread yet, I figured I would be the first one since I have the "$50" gift certificate from the contest.

I guess I have some questions and that should start with, what the heck can i order if the gift certificate only applies to certain items? What are the restrictions? What can I order? I've been mulling over my order for the past few days and when I was going to check out, I applied the gift certificate code, however my total with shipping was $40 and change.... ummm why? The shipping was only $18.04 which by the way increases as you add more shisha. I tested this out by adding more stuff I didn't want and shipping went up to $24.

So as I started deleting some stuff out of my cart the price started going down leading me to think that there are certain restrictions to using the code. My problem is, I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to be able to use it on. So I'm guessing that tomorrow morning I'll have to get on the phone with them to clarify what exactly I can purchase with my code.  :angry:

I would call them with that question. I dont think he checks this thread as often. 

But I was told that the gift card's only restriction is that it can't be spent on shipping.

1 person likes this

I'm trying to choose my stuff as well so I'm glad you brought this up. Please let me know what you hear back :)

This is hookah sets one and only chance to win me over so they better do well lol

1 person likes this

I'm trying to choose my stuff as well so I'm glad you brought this up. Please let me know what you hear back :)

This is hookah sets one and only chance to win me over so they better do well lol

Damian's is with HookahHub.com though. Im pretty sure the one from Hookah Set is not applicable to shipping cost either 

1 person likes this

Oh sorry I misread the title I was thinking this thread was for hookah set. My bad!

Of course it doesn't cover shipping costs I think that's the case with just about anything online lol I think he's saying its weird that it doesn't cover some items.

1 person likes this

Oh sorry I misread the title I was thinking this thread was for hookah set. My bad!

Of course it doesn't cover shipping costs I think that's the case with just about anything online lol I think he's saying its weird that it doesn't cover some items.

If it is anything like Social Smoke then they might not cover items on sale, which is reasonable. 

2 people like this

Yeah the shipping costs is understandable that is not covered by they gift card, and I don't have a problem with that at all. My problem was that there were some items not covered under the gift certificate so my total ended up being over $40 which doesn't make sense. 

If it only applies to non-sale item, that's ok too, I just need to know for sure so I know what to order. The problem is that just about everything is on sale on their site right now. The coals I was ordering were $13.95 per kilo but are on sale for $5.95, but there's no way to know until you actually place the order in your cart. 

I'm just going to keep it to shisha and coals and nothing else, although I do want some newer hoses, but all in due time. 

I was working on a tight deadline so I didn't get a chance to call them until tonight. Unfortunately it was 5:07pm and they stop working at 5pm EST. I sent them an email and they responded stating that they are closed tomorrow for good Friday and they won't be able to get back to me until Monday the earliest. When they get back to me I'll just place my order over the phone if they call me.

I don't mind paying more, I just want to make sure that I utilize my certificate properly. 

Yeah the shipping costs is understandable that is not covered by they gift card, and I don't have a problem with that at all. My problem was that there were some items not covered under the gift certificate so my total ended up being over $40 which doesn't make sense. 

If it only applies to non-sale item, that's ok too, I just need to know for sure so I know what to order. The problem is that just about everything is on sale on their site right now. The coals I was ordering were $13.95 per kilo but are on sale for $5.95, but there's no way to know until you actually place the order in your cart. 

I'm just going to keep it to shisha and coals and nothing else, although I do want some newer hoses, but all in due time. 

I was working on a tight deadline so I didn't get a chance to call them until tonight. Unfortunately it was 5:07pm and they stop working at 5pm EST. I sent them an email and they responded stating that they are closed tomorrow for good Friday and they won't be able to get back to me until Monday the earliest. When they get back to me I'll just place my order over the phone if they call me.

I don't mind paying more, I just want to make sure that I utilize my certificate properly. 

I didnt know the card wouldnt apply to items on sale. I'll make sure from next time that it does. I think its fair not to apply towards shipping but sales should be fine. 

I didnt know the card wouldnt apply to items on sale. I'll make sure from next time that it does. I think its fair not to apply towards shipping but sales should be fine. 

I agree, its a gift card, not a discount code. So really it should be as good as cash since its money that they already have from someone purchasing the giftcard lol

1 person likes this

So I shall continue here from where I left off on the "Latest Shisha Order" Thread. 

Two days on a row I've been trying to get in touch with them and I haven't heard peep from them. I responded to their back and forth email on Wednesday asking if they had a resolution, and yet here we are Friday Night/Saturday Morning and not so much as a response from their customer person handling my case nor the customer support manager involved in this issue. 

At least I have an idea of what I want to order and I can try to order it again, but it just took so damn long to figure out what I wanted and then playing around on their site and with their cart, that at this point all I want is for somebody to get on the phone, tell me what I can order with the certificate and take my order over the phone regardless of what it is that I can order. 

In the meantime I'm visiting my local smoke shops to get my shisha and I order my Hawaii natural coals from amazon where I get them for $10 per box of 108 pieces, and that's with shipping included. 

I will continue posting updates as this story develops. :) 

In the meantime I'm visiting my local smoke shops to get my shisha and I order my Hawaii natural coals from amazon where I get them for $10 per box of 108 pieces, and that's with shipping included.

Dang, how you like those?  How do they compare to other coals out there?

1 person likes this

Just an update to say that I tried placing an order but the code is no longer valid. I guess it got "used" when I tried to place an order the first time around. So I guess now I have no code and their customer service works bankers hours of Monday through Friday 9-5. so...... that means I won't be getting any items and their email says my priority is "LOW". 

Ticket ID: SSQ-602-48557

Department: Sales Questions
Type: Issue
Priority: Low

Helpdesk: https://www.hookahhub.com/support/index.php?

It's all good, after all it was a free gift code from a contest we had so they don't really owe me anything, and I appreciate Nima doing all this for us. However it makes me think if this is a regular issue with any customers or if it's just that it's considered "Low" because it's just a certificate from a contest. In my communications I did mention that it was a code I won on the site here, so maybe that has something to do with it? 

Dang, how you like those?  How do they compare to other coals out there?

They are actually pretty good. They don't give me a headache and they don't change the taste of the shisha. They last more or less about the same as other coals out there. I get about 45 minutes out of a session where I get a bit more than that from other coals say like starlights or coco jamras. They also smell just like any coals, but in my opinion, they emit a bit stronger smell when cooking but nothing horrible that I have to open a window or anything like that. I also feel that they are denser than starlights where they don't break when they are cooking or on the bowl as it has happened to me with starlights. 

The actual price of the coals is $6 per box but shipping is $4. At $10 per box, it still comes out cheaper than my local shop at $18 for starlights. I actually just ordered more from them and they should be here tomorrow. 

The store front is from OMWAH.INC on amazon.com and they ship from WA, but they are very fast. I placed my second order on Wednesday and I'm getting them tomorrow. They also sell 2 boxes for $16 with shipping.

Unless I find a different alternative like coco jamras being cheaper, I will stick with buying these coals from amazon all the time. 

Just an update to say that I tried placing an order but the code is no longer valid. I guess it got "used" when I tried to place an order the first time around. So I guess now I have no code and their customer service works bankers hours of Monday through Friday 9-5. so...... that means I won't be getting any items and their email says my priority is "LOW". 

Ticket ID: SSQ-602-48557

Department: Sales Questions

Type: Issue

Priority: Low

Helpdesk: https://www.hookahhub.com/support/index.php?

It's all good, after all it was a free gift code from a contest we had so they don't really owe me anything, and I appreciate Nima doing all this for us. However it makes me think if this is a regular issue with any customers or if it's just that it's considered "Low" because it's just a certificate from a contest. In my communications I did mention that it was a code I won on the site here, so maybe that has something to do with it? 

So you didn't go through with the first order but your coupon code got canceled? When did you send them a message?

1 person likes this

So you didn't go through with the first order but your coupon code got canceled? When did you send them a message?

My first communication with them was on April 2nd Which was the Thursday before Easter. Alison wrote back that day saying that they are closed on holidays and that they will get back to me on Monday. 

On Tuesday the 7th she didn't have a response so she involved in the conversation David Jones who is their customer Manager, and that's the last I heard from them. I sent them a note on Thursday the 16th asking for an update but David's email bounced back to me and only the copy to Alison was delivered. Still didn't hear back and tonight I sent another message through their ticketing system asking for an update on the issue. 

I want to get them on the phone but tomorrow I have to be out of town all day and won't be able to call them until Wednesday.  

So this is new... I got in touch with them today and I got a response back from Alison that David was on vacation and that's why it took so long. They were very apologetic and they said they will bump my certificate to $75 and they will resolve the issue today and get back to me to let me know it's working to be able to order anything I want. 

I will keep posting on here as the story develops. 

1 person likes this

ok so late last night David, their customer manager got back to me and after much testing the confirmed that the now $75 gift certificate is working properly on ANYTHING that I want to order. Now I don't know what to order. LOL Anybody has any thoughts? maybe I'll order the samsaris bowl. 

ok so late last night David, their customer manager got back to me and after much testing the confirmed that the now $75 gift certificate is working properly on ANYTHING that I want to order. Now I don't know what to order. LOL Anybody has any thoughts? maybe I'll order the samsaris bowl. 

Send me a message plz. I'm in Canada right now. I'll sort it out once I get  back next week

1 person likes this

So finally after much back and forth I was able to place my order without a hitch. All problems aside, I have to say that placing the order was actually quite delightful and very straight forward. It tool all of 30 seconds or so to check out. Not bad. 

I selected two business days for delivery so that means that not Counting Thursday the 30th, the order should be here on Monday May 4th. 

I'll keep everybody posted. 

So finally after much back and forth I was able to place my order without a hitch. All problems aside, I have to say that placing the order was actually quite delightful and very straight forward. It tool all of 30 seconds or so to check out. Not bad.

I selected two business days for delivery so that means that not Counting Thursday the 30th, the order should be here on Monday May 4th.

I'll keep everybody posted.

what did you get?
1 person likes this

what did you get?

Al Fakher Shisha Tobacco 50g Box 3 Pack

Flavor 1: Chocolate With Mint; 

Flavor 2: Grape with Mint; 

Flavor 3: Rose; 

Ayman Zaman Shisha Tobacco 50g Puck 3 Pack

Flavor 1: Double Apple; 

Flavor 2: Melon; 

Flavor 3: Water Melon; 

Exotica Natural Hookah Charcoal 75pc Box

Hookafina Shisha Tobacco 100g Can 3 Pack

Flavor 1: Double Apple; 

Flavor 2: Pink Grapefruit; 

Flavor 3: Peach; 

Nammor Washable Hookah Hose Blue

Rubber Hookah Bowl Grommets 2x

2 people like this

OK, so I know It took me a while but I did promise to write about my experience with hookahhub.com. I thought it was going to be a very long and detailed paragraph or two but that's not the case. The experience can be summarized in a few sentences. 

Now please keep in mind that I will NOT be considering the issue with the gift certificate because that was just a something that happens. I had a similar experience with social smoke as well, so that issue will not be taken into consideration. 

With that said, and gift certificate problem aside, ordering from hookahhub.com was actually a very pleasant experience. 

If you haven't ordered from them, do so and pay attention to how fast you can check out. Their process honestly has to be one of the fastest trouble-free checkouts I've seen from a website aside of amazon and eBay. 

If you have your credit card stored on your computer then the process is that much faster. It took me around 30 seconds to place my order because my credit card information auto loaded on the site (I'm on an iMac and that's one of the security features of the safari browser). 

Shipping was $18 for everything that i ordered, but that’s for 2 business day delivery which is not bad at all. 

My order arrived as promised, in two business days. The content in the box was also very well packed with air bubble wrap and there was a lot of it. I didn’t have anything breakable but it’s nice to know they care about the way everything is packed in the box. 

With that said, everything that I ordered was delivered and there were no issues with any of the items. They even threw in a couple of hookah-hookah shots that I enjoyed very much; Orange Tang and Peanut Butter Explosion. I went back to the site to order that brand and flavor but unfortunately they didn’t have it in stock. 

They have continuous specials and discounts where you might actually be surprised when certain sales are applied to your shopping cart. This happened to me during my shopping spree and I just went back and ordered more items because the discount was large enough that it allowed me to go back and add the Namoor hose I was debating on getting. 

So I thought it was only going to be a few sentences but it’s turning out to be way more. :) 

So is there anything I don’t like about hookahhub.com? well, there is the fact that they don’t have everything you want or every major brand. They don’t have Tangiers or Social Smoke, but they do carry Starbuzz which I don like much, Fumari, hookafina, Al Fakher, hookah-Hookah and Ayam Zaman which I ordered and it’s a very tasty shisha. If you are a smoker set on a particular brand or flavor that they don’t carry, then this site might not be where you want to place your order. However if you are the more adventurous type like me and like to try different brands and flavors, then hookahhub.com is a great place to get your items. 

There’s also the fact that their customer service has banker hours. Meaning they only work Monday through friday from 9-5 and if you have an issue in the middle of the day on a Friday, well then you are just going to have to wait until Monday morning for a response. This is true of email, web chat and phone support. 

So to end this very long review, would I order from them again. Abso-freaking-lutely! The experience over all was pleasant, customer service although lackluster was there and the checkout process was as simple as it can be. 

I have my eye out on the site to make sure and order the Hookah-Hookah Orange Tang as soon as it’s available. 

post-9346-0-04260500-1432152267_thumb.jp

post-9346-0-34985300-1432152274_thumb.jp

post-9346-0-21958700-1432152288_thumb.jp

post-9346-0-37066200-1432152296_thumb.jp

post-9346-0-13487100-1432152303_thumb.jp

post-9346-0-68025600-1432152313_thumb.jp

post-9346-0-88275700-1432152339_thumb.jp

post-9346-0-75344100-1432152347_thumb.jp

post-9346-0-26137400-1432152381_thumb.jp

4 people like this