Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nima

Three $20 git cards a month to top forum members

From this month (October 2013), I'm going to give three $20 gift cards to three top members on the forum. The gift cards are sponsored by Social Smoke and are usable on their online store.

The winners will be chosen based on number of iCredits that they have. Here is a breakdown of how to get points:

• New user blog entry (10 points)
  • Commenting on user blog posts (1 point)
  • User blog promoted to the site's main blog (50 points)
  • Adding an image (5 points) - for a limited time only
  • Commenting on images (1 point)

• Reply selected as 'Best Answer' (8 points)
  • New thread (3 points)
  • New polls (2 points)
  • Replies (1 point)
  • New likes received (1 point)

I'll post it everywhere and send an email about it too. I wanted to first see what y'all think about the idea

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Hookah.org mobile app

We don't have an app for iOS... Let me rephrase, I do have (already paid) for an iOs app but I need an apple computer to publish an iOS app and I don't have one. I'll see if I can save some money to buy a cheap mac just to publish the app.

I won't send the email about monthly gift cards until beginning of next month so three of the current active forum members (you guys) get the first month gift cards.

true that. Things are picking up a bit (on forum, blog, and the social media page). Thank you guys for helping. I'll keep the pressure on all of them too so hopefully we'll have an active community again

Haha I've been doing the same around here. In fact yesterday I stopped by LazyDayz and stirred up a small conversation about the forum while I was picking up a little 50g tin of pumpkin pie. Had to pick more up for tomorrow and Thursday lol.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Hookah.org mobile app

I do really like the hookah cam session idea. I think that would be really cool. Also what if every other month or so we have a featured shisha brand or hookah company. Do something where we spotlight them, maybe talk to someone from said company about their history. And since it wouldn't be too often, maybe it could be incorporated in to the webcam smoke session. I know it's somewhat of a far out idea, but it could be pretty epic and would also give participants the chance to ask questions and find out more about there favorite brands. Could be worth looking into.

Sweet, I am trying to come up with some smaller ideas still but thought I'd mention those one's while they were fresh in my mind.

I do really like the hookah cam session idea. I think that would be really cool. Also what if every other month or so we have a featured shisha brand or hookah company. Do something where we spotlight them, maybe talk to someone from said company about their history. And since it wouldn't be too often, maybe it could be incorporated in to the webcam smoke session. I know it's somewhat of a far out idea, but it could be pretty epic and would also give participants the chance to ask questions and find out more about there favorite brands. Could be worth looking into.

We are doing one interviews a month with hookah companies:

Khobar Jameel Jurak from Othmani Tobacco - Hookah.org

Interview w/ Santino Christopher Novasio of Crown Hookahs - Hookah.org

We did a review of Hookah Hub too: Hookah Hub (HookahHub.com) Review - Hookah.org

Are you guys subscribed to the blog posts?

what if i were to do small local interviews like shop owners/ employees?

We can definitely do that and publish them on the blog. I can't really take on that myself though. I'd rather focus my own efforts on the social media pages, keeping up with the website issues, and promoting the site on search engines. I would be more than happy if anyone was willing to do the interview with local hookah shops

The one thing I'm trying to avoid is making this forum a big advert.

Sent from my HTCONE using Hookah.org mobile app

We won't make it a big advert at all. There will be shops as sponsored vendors and maybe one banner but that's it. This is a side thing for me (i work full time as an engineer) so I rather see happy members than a few bucks more or less :)