Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pineappledaddy

Mystique Ice Hose Tip

ok the first time i used it i wasnt impressed with it. but the tip was only in the freezer for a few hours at best. so i left it in the freezer for a couple days. ( i know you dont need it to be in there that long but it was in over weekend and i forgot about it). i smoked starbuzz pink in my SS i with an ice chamber. one hose with the ice tip and the other without. the difference was drastic. it was very cold and smooth. a great buy.

draw backs: clouds slightly lighter and taste was alittle diminished.

overall: i really enjoyed it. 9/10

Ive see a lot of other people liking it too. I smoked with it once myself. I still like the good ol Nammor hose better with some ice in the base

I like it but I may just get a separate nammor for it. Though after this I'm getting a orb. I've wanted one of those for a while. What about it didn't do anything for you?

Sent from my HTCONE using Hookah.org mobile app

Don't get me wrong. It was a good cool smoke. I just like holding a traditional hose better. I don't think the cooler smoke was 'that' much better than normal either.

I'll let you guys know what I think when I get mine. I already ordered it and it should be here on Tuesday.

I've used it at the bars. It actually cools down the smoke quite a bit. 

I've used one before and didn't really enjoy it, just like with most things that cool down the smoke, it makes the taste lighter. It's nice to have for mint flavors though since it enhances the cooling effect.

Yeah I was thinking of using the tip with absolute zero, ice and altoids in the base. I'm going for the mint explosion lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you would really enjoy Tangiers cane mint, its that super super strong mint with the menthol hit. And it mixes well with other flavors really well.

Absolute zero is pretty strong as it is, I'm not sure that i want something stronger than that. As it is i mix it with other flavors because i cant handle it on its own. I still want to try it though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Absolute zero is pretty strong as it is, I'm not sure that i want something stronger than that. As it is i mix it with other flavors because i cant handle it on its own. I still want to try it though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't had absolute zero so I'm not sure how strong it is compared to cane mint, but if you already enjoy it then why bother getting something more expensive? lol 

I haven't had absolute zero so I'm not sure how strong it is compared to cane mint, but if you already enjoy it then why bother getting something more expensive? lol 

To me Cane Mint is a much stronger flavor.  It is good, but it is strong.  If Absolute Zero is too strong I wouldn’t recommend Cane Mint.

To me Cane Mint is a much stronger flavor. It is good, but it is strong. If Absolute Zero is too strong I wouldn’t recommend Cane Mint.

interesting. absolute zero, to me, has much more of a menthol effect, whereas cane mint just tastes like natural mint flavor that isn't super cooling.

I think my issue is that since I still consider myself a newbie smoker I want to try all of the brands to see which I like the best to keep ordering it. I'm just weird like that. I keep buying shisha but I have tons of it already. On Thursday I'm going back up to 22 different flavors in my shisha corner. That's just way too damn much shisha.

Pro Tip: If you think Social Smoke Absolute Zero is too strong, never, ever buy Nakhla Mizo Mint.

Thanks for the tip Doug, I'll definitely stay away from it then. I honestly can't handle Absolute Zero on it's own. I always have to mix it and even then I only use a ratio of 80/20 so I can enjoy the smoke. Much appreciated.

Maybe I’m weird I don’t think Absolute Zero is very intense.

You are not weird at all. I just think some people have a higher tolerance for mint than I do. That's all.

To me Cane Mint is a much stronger flavor.  It is good, but it is strong.  If Absolute Zero is too strong I wouldn’t recommend Cane Mint.

Damn, I was so looking forward to ordering cane mint too. I just hear so much about it that I wanted to try it. If it's too strong then I know I might now enjoy it.

interesting. absolute zero, to me, has much more of a menthol effect, whereas cane mint just tastes like natural mint flavor that isn't super cooling.

Well that's the thing, Absolute Zero is more about the menthol than actual mint. That's why i was thinking that maybe Cane Mint would be ok to try, because of the difference between the two.

oh wait, I got sidetracked. I was going to say that Yesterday I got my Mystique Ice Hose Tip a day earlier than what the tracking site said it was going to get here. One of my friends finally came over with his girlfriend earlier today and he was the first one to try it. I didn't get to smoke with them because I was in the kitchen making dinner, but the tip is a hit or miss. I had iced in the base and we also used the tip. He said it was a huge difference than how he usually smokes and he enjoyed the coolness effect, but the tip lasted only about 25 minutes. After that it just got too warm and the ice packet melted really quickly. I thought it would last longer specially since I put it in the freezer as soon as I got it yesterday and I didn't smoke at all last night. 

So I rinsed it off and put it back in the freezer after they left so that I can try it tonight. I figured that by the time I smoke tonight it would have been in the freezer for about 5-6 hours and it should be good to go. I'll see how it smokes.

So im using this mystique ice hose tip and its pretty awesome. The smoke is cooler than using ice in the base. The problem is that I'm at the 25 minute mark and is no longer as cold. Im using it with Nakhla in the bowl which it doesn't need to be cool. I just wanted to try it. This is going to be amazing with absolute zero.

So 2 hours 43 minutes laterI'm done with my session and here's my take on the mystique ice house. It's a winner and a great investment. I think my stupid friends were holding it by the tip and thats why it didn't last as long. When the tip cools down a bit, it reaches a "state" where it keeps the coolness as long as you are holding the hose correctly, so i was actually very surprised at the amount of time it lasted cool. The smoke was cool till the last pull, of course not as cold as it was at the beginning. When i was done and cleaning up, the hose was still cool to the touch.

So my verdict is that this is indeed a great investment and will use it often instead of ice in the base or in addition to.

Pro Tip: If you think Social Smoke Absolute Zero is too strong, never, ever buy Nakhla Mizo Mint.

This! The Mizo Mint is amazingly strong, I put ice in the base and ice in my ice chamber for the ultimate chilling effect. I don't have the Mystique Ice Tip but I do have a MYA hose that has those ice capsules you put on the inside. I'm not a fan of it, they warm up fast but they do cool the smoke pretty well. I should probably dig those out of whatever box they are in and try them again