Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pineappledaddy

Mystique Ice Hose Tip

It gets thick clouds, has a slight restriction because of the hose port. Mine has a female bowl connector, so bowls are annoying to find.

Sent from my XT1060 using Hookah.org mobile app

Aw that sucks, there are adapters out there that you might be able to use with it so you can use regular bowls. 

It gets thick clouds, has a slight restriction because of the hose port. Mine has a female bowl connector, so bowls are annoying to find.

That's strange.  The bowl connector on my old stargate (rust in pieces) fit every bowl I had perfectly.  I bet you can find an adapter to make it work.

I miss my stargate.  Prettiest hookah I ever owned.  And it smoked amazingly.

I think my Stargate is a little different. I bought it off of a friend who was stationed in Kuwait and that is where he got it. I could take a picture of you guys wanted. I highly doubt I could find a connector for it but I've got a couple bowls for it so I don't mind.

I think my Stargate is a little different. I bought it off of a friend who was stationed in Kuwait and that is where he got it. I could take a picture of you guys wanted. I highly doubt I could find a connector for it but I've got a couple bowls for it so I don't mind.

You just need a female to male adapter, they aren't that hard to find I don't think. But you might have to get it online. 

My issue is I don't think I can find one that would work properly with this. And yes I need to clean out my ash tray

post-9263-14006843713908_thumb.jpg

My issue is I don't think I can find one that would work properly with this. And yes I need to clean out my ash tray

wow, that's... different...

also, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that leaves behind a pile of destruction and devastation in their tray for too long. haha

Yeah it is, I haven't seen another hookah like it. Haha I keep all my ash in that one tray. Regardless it what hookah I'm smoking, the coals go in there

I do that too.  I keep two small bowls on my coffee table for spent tobacco and when I need to empty my lotus out (if I just need to ash them I do it on the tray) but I have to be careful because my dogs like to eat tobacco.  I know that isn’t good for them either, but dang.  They managed to steal a whole box (50g) of AF last week.  They didn’t have any problems at all.

I do that too.  I keep two small bowls on my coffee table for spent tobacco and when I need to empty my lotus out (if I just need to ash them I do it on the tray) but I have to be careful because my dogs like to eat tobacco.  I know that isn’t good for them either, but dang.  They managed to steal a whole box (50g) of AF last week.  They didn’t have any problems at all.

I use an old Cafe Bustelo can.  It's cheap pre-ground espresso/coffee that actually isn't that bad.  This from a guy that refuses to make coffee if it's not freshly ground.  ANYWAY I usually ash and discard most of my foils and ashes in there when I can, and dump it once a week.  If I run out of a can of that, I'll just toss the old can and replace it with a new one.

I use my Stargate's ash tray to put coals in. When it gets full I pack down the ash with a bottle cap. And then keep going until it can't hold any more

Meh, they have some shady business practices, and their shisha tastes like soap, but I can't argue that they have put out a good product here. 

I'm not going to lie, I do like the look of them. They just look... very solid, and I liked the colors. However I still wouldn't get it just for the warranty alone. I'm not rich, but I would just buy another one if one of mine became unusable or broke. I have an issue with only being the stem. I want the whole package that I can smoke off it as soon as I get it. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I don't see paying that when I could get a KM for the same price.

I like the ice tip but it kills the favor a bit for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far I'm enjoying the ice tip very much, but I think it's better to use it for things like mint. You are right about it mellowing out the flavor, so i'm only going to use it with Absolute Zero only. As it is I'm glad that it mellows out the flavor; in my eyes it makes that mint enjoyable because to me is very, very strong.

also, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that leaves behind a pile of destruction and devastation in their tray for too long. haha

HAHAHAHAAH I've never seen a tray that full. I empty and wash mine after every session. Then I again, I also scrub the whole hookah with a brush after every. single. session.

I use an old Cafe Bustelo can.  It's cheap pre-ground espresso/coffee that actually isn't that bad.  This from a guy that refuses to make coffee if it's not freshly ground.  ANYWAY I usually ash and discard most of my foils and ashes in there when I can, and dump it once a week.  If I run out of a can of that, I'll just toss the old can and replace it with a new one.

HAHAHAHAAH I've never seen a tray that full. I empty and wash mine after every session. Then I again, I also scrub the whole hookah with a brush after every. single. session.

That’s way too much work.  I wash mine once a week unless I smoke a flavor that ghosts badly.  Like I’m craving something cinnamon tonight, so I’ll have to wash it before I can smoke something not cinnamon.

What type of hookah do you have?  If I remember right you have a KM?  That shouldn’t be a problem.  Even if you wash it every third day just to get fresh water in the base and get rid of any ghosting you’d be in good shape.  I have had cheap knock off hookah rust and break and get all nasty but even my Mya Ecnos the worst that happens is the chrome paint on the down stem peels off.   

Yeah hookahs aren't going to rot or rust away very quickly. I deep clean mine once a week and it looks just like the day I bought it. The inside of the stem and outside are perfectly fine. Just so long as you clean the water and clean it for strong flavors it will be fine. Taking lemon juice to the stem will clean it perfectly, as if it was new.

What type of hookah do you have?  If I remember right you have a KM?  That shouldn’t be a problem.  Even if you wash it every third day just to get fresh water in the base and get rid of any ghosting you’d be in good shape.  I have had cheap knock off hookah rust and break and get all nasty but even my Mya Ecnos the worst that happens is the chrome paint on the down stem peels off.   

I do the same thing with an old coffee mug, I just empty it when it gets a little full. Works well enough.

I'm not going to lie, I do like the look of them. They just look... very solid, and I liked the colors. However I still wouldn't get it just for the warranty alone. I'm not rich, but I would just buy another one if one of mine became unusable or broke. I have an issue with only being the stem. I want the whole package that I can smoke off it as soon as I get it. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I don't see paying that when I could get a KM for the same price.

Like I said before, the warranty is a load of crap. Those hookahs aren't going to break or need replaced in 5 years, they're built solid and made to last. Which is why even though I'm not a fan of most Starbuzz flavors, and their business is questionable, I would still give them my money for this because its a good product.

Again, like I said before, I'm probably going to wait until they drop in price anyway. I'm getting that KM Oxidized Kuwait Tower with my next paycheck.

I would like it more if they came with a base.  To me I don’t want to pay that much for a stem, have to buy a base, and hope (because I’d be ordering it online) that it both fits and looks good together.  I think they could keep the price point the same add a base and they’d sell a lot more.  I agree with everyone else who has said they can keep the bowl and hose I’m going to use what I have already anyway (unless it was super nice).

I would like it more if they came with a base.  To me I don’t want to pay that much for a stem, have to buy a base, and hope (because I’d be ordering it online) that it both fits and looks good together.  I think they could keep the price point the same add a base and they’d sell a lot more.  I agree with everyone else who has said they can keep the bowl and hose I’m going to use what I have already anyway (unless it was super nice).

I agree, if it just had a base I would pay the current price. Thankfully most vendors provide the measurements so you can get a base that fits regardless, but just in case, right? Plus its hard to find matching bases for these weird colors lol.