Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nima

Reviews from HookahHooligan.com

I was a little slow at posting it here lol Thanks for the support =)

Haha. No problem, by the way I am loving the music playing during the video

Haha. No problem, by the way I am loving the music playing during the video

Thanks. Its something new I'm trying out. YouTube actually has a huge library of royalty free music that you can add without getting in trouble so I've pulled a few that I liked to test out. I'm still messing with the volume levels of it so please let me know how it sounds for you, I'm not sure what the right amount is.

Thanks. Its something new I'm trying out. YouTube actually has a huge library of royalty free music that you can add without getting in trouble so I've pulled a few that I liked to test out. I'm still messing with the volume levels of it so please let me know how it sounds for you, I'm not sure what the right amount is.

Personally I thought that the last video has the right volume. Not too loud, bit not quiet either

I agree with chernobyl - the addition of music is fantastic.  People are ADD... having some music going on will occupy more of a human's mental state and keep them more engaged.  I think, that last one, could be just a touch quieter, but... literally a touch.  It could be because, though, the pitches of the music are very similar to your vocal range.  It's nice that it's not overly percussive though.  I've had people ask me to add very intense tracks behind videos, and... it just doesn't work.

I agree with chernobyl - the addition of music is fantastic.  People are ADD... having some music going on will occupy more of a human's mental state and keep them more engaged.  I think, that last one, could be just a touch quieter, but... literally a touch.  It could be because, though, the pitches of the music are very similar to your vocal range.  It's nice that it's not overly percussive though.  I've had people ask me to add very intense tracks behind videos, and... it just doesn't work.

The difference between the past two videos was literally 1% lol I felt that the first one was too quiet so I bumped it up to 3% instead of 2%. There isn't an option for anything in between with my editing software. But I am thinking of switching to a different editing program so we'll see what that offers. I'm also looking into getting a separate thing for audio work so that I can have more control.

Really trying to avoid making my videos a lot more work though, because the instant they become more work they are less fun to make and I end up putting them off lol

The difference between the past two videos was literally 1% lol I felt that the first one was too quiet so I bumped it up to 3% instead of 2%. There isn't an option for anything in between with my editing software. But I am thinking of switching to a different editing program so we'll see what that offers. I'm also looking into getting a separate thing for audio work so that I can have more control.

Really trying to avoid making my videos a lot more work though, because the instant they become more work they are less fun to make and I end up putting them off lol

thays what happen to me i tried to make this cool shisha review and put in about 8 hours of work to make alright videos so i stopped

thays what happen to me i tried to make this cool shisha review and put in about 8 hours of work to make alright videos so i stopped

Yea that's why I keep mine so simple. I do this as a hobby not a job so I never want it to feel like a job. I record with my phone and edit with a torented program and it takes me all of 10 min to edit. Yea my videos could be better quality or whatever but I don't have much interest in investing a ton of money for something that 1) doesn't make me any money back and 2) is just for fun.

That's probably the main reason my channel is less popular aside from I never really promote myself but oh well lol

Yea that's why I keep mine so simple. I do this as a hobby not a job so I never want it to feel like a job. I record with my phone and edit with a torented program and it takes me all of 10 min to edit. Yea my videos could be better quality or whatever but I don't have much interest in investing a ton of money for something that 1) doesn't make me any money back and 2) is just for fun.

That's probably the main reason my channel is less popular aside from I never really promote myself but oh well lol

i know how you feel. I used a really good video editor because my brother had it and he does all the cool special effect stuff but keep doing it for fun and we still all enjoy your videos. I might get back into making videos again

yeah maybe that's why I don't want to make my own videos. I would have to edit them and editing is how I make a living. I don't think I would want to edit for fun anymore. hell I don't even edit the family videos anymore either. I just send them out as is because I don't want to deal with everything that goes with stitching them together into a family movie.

yeah maybe that's why I don't want to make my own videos. I would have to edit them and editing is how I make a living. I don't think I would want to edit for fun anymore. hell I don't even edit the family videos anymore either. I just send them out as is because I don't want to deal with everything that goes with stitching them together into a family movie.

Well reviews are much easier to edit I'm sure. At least for me, because I do them all in one take so there is no slicing or transitions or anything really lol

Well reviews are much easier to edit I'm sure. At least for me, because I do them all in one take so there is no slicing or transitions or anything really lol

Oh I'm very anal, I would have to add transitions and create a new title and everything. :) 

Oh I'm very anal, I would have to add transitions and create a new title and everything. :)

or just dont post first cut after all the point of the video is to get people informed on the item not to make it look cool just saying

or just dont post first cut after all the point of the video is to get people informed on the item not to make it look cool just saying

Yea that's true. The point of a review is to just give information so flashy stuff should come second, if at all.

Its not my fault that you people get into your tardis just to watch a video lol 

That may be the geekiest reference I've ever seen on this forum.  And I love it.

True, very true. I don't know what it is about me and editing but I always have to fiddle with it for some reason or another. It's impossible for me to just shoot something and post it without at least looking at it on the cutting board. I have a friend that I do a lot of work with and he's very anal about shooting everything in one take and not have to edit it. I've learned a lot from him but I rather play with it on an editing software, but that's just me. 

True, very true. I don't know what it is about me and editing but I always have to fiddle with it for some reason or another. It's impossible for me to just shoot something and post it without at least looking at it on the cutting board. I have a friend that I do a lot of work with and he's very anal about shooting everything in one take and not have to edit it. I've learned a lot from him but I rather play with it on an editing software, but that's just me. 

Paul McCartney (I'm pretty sure it was him, it may have been one of other Beatles though) has talked about some of their most popular albums of all time, and how he wishes he could throw the recordings in the trash and redo them.  You're always more critical of yourself than you are of others.  Some of those albums were the biggest rock albums of all time, and all he can hear is rubbish.

There's a saying in the music world - you never actually finish a song or a mix, you just abandon it.  There is ALWAYS something you can do to improve anything you do.  But it's a matter of doing the best to your ability at the time, learning from your mistakes, and fixing those the next go-around.  And the go-around after that.  And so forth.

Paul McCartney (I'm pretty sure it was him, it may have been one of other Beatles though) has talked about some of their most popular albums of all time, and how he wishes he could throw the recordings in the trash and redo them.  You're always more critical of yourself than you are of others.  Some of those albums were the biggest rock albums of all time, and all he can hear is rubbish.

There's a saying in the music world - you never actually finish a song or a mix, you just abandon it.  There is ALWAYS something you can do to improve anything you do.  But it's a matter of doing the best to your ability at the time, learning from your mistakes, and fixing those the next go-around.  And the go-around after that.  And so forth.

WOW! That's actually very deep, and you are not wrong either. I've heard from many respected editors that I do great work and that I'm too hard on myself. Maybe I should just give it a go and be glad that I tried. 

WOW! That's actually very deep, and you are not wrong either. I've heard from many respected editors that I do great work and that I'm too hard on myself. Maybe I should just give it a go and be glad that I tried. 

As a musician, this is why I suck at writing music.  I'm so hard on myself, because I'm happy with something I write, then I hear something else, and I'm like THIS IS POPPYCOCK!

Social Smoke Arctic Lemon:

I have nothing new to review until I get my box from hookah-shisha in. Hopefully it will be here this week, but I have a feeling that I am going to get taxed because I've been getting very lucky lately. But my new shika will be here omg omg! lol